Bankruptcy

Are you worried about BK?

• No, we have no control over it anyway

Votes: 40 74.1%
  • Yes

Votes: 14 25.9%

• Total voters
http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/11/18/3537603/lack-of-leadership-imperils-american.html

Interesting and scary all in one.

Another good question would be, is AA ready for a new mangement team?

They delay contract talks for 5 years (remember it only took 2 weeeks to negotiate the 2003 contracts for all 3 unions) now all of a sudden it's bankruptcy talk if we don't settle quickly. and this coming from me, a company guy.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/11/18/3537603/lack-of-leadership-imperils-american.html

Interesting and scary all in one.

Another good question would be, is AA ready for a new mangement team?

They delay contract talks for 5 years (remember it only took 2 weeeks to negotiate the 2003 contracts for all 3 unions) now all of a sudden it's bankruptcy talk if we don't settle quickly. and this coming from me, a company guy.
Your a FNG, Mithell Schnurman is a company stooge.

You got that right ODIE01,I think he get's free airline tickets to post this company BS........He has no idea what goes on at AA.One week here he would be bitching just like us. Someones getting a kickback.....8 years without a raise no wonder everyone's pissed.

PBGC...Im in it and it pays about 60cents on the dollar. Yes the pilot will be harder hit but after 30years my nut will be 480.00
This should have been against the law. I wish all of you the best of luck.
What age were you when the pension was dumped in the PBGC?
Are you getting 60 cents on the dollar of what you earned or what you expected to get if you stayed in the plan?

You got that right ODIE01,I think he get's free airline tickets to post this company BS........He has no idea what goes on at AA.One week here he would be bitching just like us. Someones getting a kickback.....8 years without a raise no wonder everyone's pissed.

The execs have seen an increase in their compensation over the last 8 years! they're pissed too because it wasn't as much as was PROMISED them!

Your a FNG, Mithell Schnurman is a company stooge.

There's nobody left in the print media who is in the company's pocket, and really hasn't been for the past eight years or so. Maybe the new head of Corp Comm will win a few of them back over to the company's side, but you've got to be a [redacted to comply with the forum's no name calling policy] if you think Mitch is on the company's side.

And apparently, he happens to agree with what I've said here -- in bankruptcy, the TWU membership, especially fleet, have everything to lose and nothing to gain. The pilots and flight attendants can't be outsourced nearly as easily. And the union will go on just fine without AA. Safety in numbers my arse... you just make a bigger target for the sharks.

Do you have proof of that?

Look at the SEC filings...And YOU can look it up..I am not doing the work for you.!

And before you or anyone respond with the "OH, PUP PAY AND THIS PAY AND THIS PAY AND THAT PAY," the execs have NOT shared in the pain.....

Look at the SEC filings...And YOU can look it up..I am not doing the work for you.!

And before you or anyone respond with the "OH, PUP PAY AND THIS PAY AND THIS PAY AND THAT PAY," the execs have NOT shared in the pain.....

You don't have to do any work for me as there is none to do.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-aadvantage/1236783-amrs-dropping-stock-price-consolidated-bankruptcy-discussion-speculation-thread-18.html#post17475404

Read post #266 by FWAAA.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-aadvantage/1236783-amrs-dropping-stock-price-consolidated-bankruptcy-discussion-speculation-thread-18.html#post17475404

Read post #266 by FWAAA.

The "spin zone" definitely does not stop here! :lol:

Read post #266 by FWAAA.

Sorry pal, but simply taking an opinion form another aviation forum is no proof at all... My local peon L4 and L5's have received increases...The higher you go the bigger the increase.

Try again.

Try the SEC....

The "spin zone" definitely does not stop here! :lol:

:huh:

Sorry pal, but simply taking an opinion form another aviation forum is no proof at all... My local peon L4 and L5's have received increases...The higher you go the bigger the increase.

Try again.

Try the SEC....

"The higher you go the bigger the increase." is not completely correct. FWAAA has other posts as well which reference this. Not to mention, there are other sources that current management haven't received a bonus.

Arpey (amongst others such as Horton, Reding, etc.) did receive stock option based compensation (which for the umpteenth time, was approved by the unions) which he (they) sold in 2007 for the majority of his (their) compensation. What we don't know (at least I don't), at what prices did he (they) received those stock options. Maybe it was at $0/share. Regardless, AA was profitable IIRC only in 1 year of the past 10 years and that was the year they sold.

Also, executive-based compensation is completely legal as a "standard method" to attract top talent. Maybe you have a problem calling Arpey et.al "top talent", but that is rather irrelevant. If you have a problem with the system, then you should take that up with you senator and/or representative. Right now, Arpey et.al do own tens of thousands of options which are practically worthless.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/video/flv/generic.html?s=frol02s4b9q79&continuous=1

interesting frontline show on bankruptcy, UAL mentioned in story.

"The higher you go the bigger the increase." is not completely correct. FWAAA has other posts as well which reference this. Not to mention, there are other sources that current management haven't received a bonus.

Arpey (amongst others such as Horton, Reding, etc.) did receive stock option based compensation (which for the umpteenth time, was approved by the unions) which he (they) sold in 2007 for the majority of his (their) compensation. What we don't know (at least I don't), at what prices did he (they) received those stock options. Maybe it was at $0/share. Regardless, AA was profitable IIRC only in 1 year of the past 10 years and that was the year they sold.

Also, executive-based compensation is completely legal as a "standard method" to attract top talent. Maybe you have a problem calling Arpey et.al "top talent", but that is rather irrelevant. If you have a problem with the system, then you should take that up with you senator and/or representative. Right now, Arpey et.al do own tens of thousands of options which are practically worthless.
How does one attract top talent when it comes to the mechanics?

What do you have the hots for FWAAA? What's the infatuation with him?
What is this? THE GOSPEL ACCORDING TO FWAAA?
Try doing your own research and not hanging on to every opinion of someone else!

Back