Big Job Cuts Announced at American

• Thread starter American Air Surf
  • Start date
This should be good, AMR is notorious for hitting the panic button and cutting too many heads at once.

I think the NYC one station complex is losing a dozen mainline flights (JFK-6,LGA-3,EWR-3), so we'll probably lay off three or four hundred guys...

Yes, as JFK is in the process of hiring 3 more maintenance managers,,,er I mean supervisors.

Bend over, this won't be the last of the cuts, Mark my words....

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/03/business...amp;oref=slogin

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

First off,........I'm bummed out, if ANY AA employee loses his/her job(especially Permanently) !

Believe it or not, there ARE still THOSE folks who STILL believe that ..."You CAN'T shrink towards profitability"

Silly people.(especially when it was "uncle" Bobby CRANDALL who not only said..YES you CAN, and predicted that, that DAY would be upon us,................like NOW).

First there was DE-REGULTION(1978), then in a period of approx...1979-1983, AA had it's own "RE-REGULATION"...aka....................RLC !
(The success that followed is history,..approx...1986-2000)

(eolesen will remind us..CORRECTLY, that the JET-A situation is MUCH Different.), But the Theory is still the same.

The "Law of the Jungle" reality will very soon Kick in. After that AA/WN(..___...___, fill in the remaining few blanks) will survive, and Prosper as in the example provided above.

????

Never a better time to be MIA-based than there is now.

Not so true if you think that every layoff in the system will end up in MIA...some of 'em (SJU)(MCO) at max pay too..when all is said and done MIA probably won't have a full timer under 1997 and P/T under 2001...

Latest posts

Back