Board Of Directors

700Uw - you can post all that crap about the the railway labor act all you want. YOUR UNION has yet to take US or anyone else to task for not following contracts or anything else. You can come on here and whine that they owe you this and that and the other, but you have yet to make them give what you have bargained for. In the end, there will be no board seats for any of the unions. Period. If you truly believed that the RLA would protect your rights, why have you not struck the last few times they took pay and benefits away when you thought it was too much and unfair? BTW, what makes you think HP wouldn't want liquidation to happen? There is a lot of equity backing their move, not yours in this predicament. They would love all that access to BOS, LGA, DCA, that they currently don't enjoy. They wouldn't have to take you or A320pilot with that access or any other employee group for that matter. As I stated previously, there are a lot of people on both furlough lists that would be interested in working for US if this deal goes through. The future looks bright if it can get off of the ground...

700 why do you keep beating a dead horse? Check the scope in your new language. Your co-workers voted out rights to board seats.

Oh really?

What do you call this?

Machinists Win US Airways Airbus Arbitration
The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM) today
announced a major victory over US Airways in a year-long dispute over subcontracting heavy maintenance of the airline’s Airbus aircraft.

“The IAM more than a year ago told US Airways that our contract prohibited subcontracting this work,†said Robert Roach, Jr., IAM General Vice President of Transportation. “US Airways wasted countless dollars on attorneys to fight their employees, and is now financially liable to our members for their corporate arrogance. I urge US Airways to begin embracing their employees as valuable assets and listen to our ideas for addressing the substantial challenges facing the airline.â€

US Airways began illegally subcontracting Airbus Heavy Maintenance Visits (HMV) to Singapore Technologies Mobile Aerospace Engineering located in Mobile, Alabama in October 2003. The IAM won an immediate injunction in Federal District Court halting the subcontracting, but the Third Circuit Court of Appeals on February 3, 2004 lifted the injunction. The Appeals Court ruled the dispute should be resolved through the System Board of Adjustment, which is the arbitration mechanism provided for in the IAM-US Airways contract. The three-member System Board is made up of one Union member, one company member and a neutral.

“The Airbus was acquired by the Company in October of 1998 and the Company was, or should have been, well aware of maintenance obligations, particularly with respect to HMV work,†says the System Board of Adjustment’s decision. “If the Company is now faced with a bona fide dilemma, it is one that could have been, and to a certain extent was, recognized early on, but never accommodated in bargaining. The Company is ordered to cease and desist in outsourcing Airbus
HMV work.†ST Mobile Aerospace has completed twelve Airbus overhauls in violation of the IAM collective bargaining agreement.
The complete signed decision will be available at http://transportation.goiam.org when received from the arbitrator.

“This decision reaffirms 55 years of contract language,†said William O’Driscoll, President of IAM District 142. “US Airways illegally outsourced Airbus work just months after IAM members provided $1.5 billion in savings to rescue the airline and allow it to emerge from its first bankruptcy. US Airways’ actions severely damaged the labor-management relationship that is critical for the company’s success.â€

The parties have been ordered to meet and discuss how affected employees will be made whole for losses caused by the airline’s flagrant contract violation.
“The IAM will use every legal venue necessary to enforce this award,†said Roach.

The IAM followed the RLA and the IAM prevailed in the airbus outsourcing, did you forget that?

The IAM is a democratic organization, the member voted to accept the concessions and not to strike, that is their choice, the union is not a body, the unions is all its members.

And I guess you don't understand bankruptcy where the company has the upper hand and the employees and their unions basically have no rights and no control on what happens.

Boards seats remain up in the air and no one knows if there will be any or not for the unions as the POR has not been filed.

And HP does not want liquidation to happen, then all US' assets are up for bid for anyone who wants to buy them, and HP does not have deep pockets as you see all outside investors are bankrolling the merger, not HP. And 99% of US' assets are collateral for loans or EETCs, so HP will get nothing, they assets revert to the lien holders who can do what they want with them and sell them to whomever they choose.

DCA and LGA slots are collateral for the ATSB loan and BOS is not a slot controlled airport.

And once again, don't let the facts or the process get in your way of thinking, funny how you ignored most of my previous post.

I ignore most of your post because of your lack of reality. You've had one victory to date. Even the Kanasa City Royals have won 16 games this year. Am I going out and buying their hat? Not a chance. You will have two options in the future: no job or woerking for AWA for THEIR tterms. BOD seats will be given to people who bring money to the table. I'm sorry to inform you of this but, cost savings and actual money are apples and oranges in this argument. I'm not saying that what the US employees did was noble, they just have yet to stand up enough for themselves. BTW, did you not vote the Airbus work away last contract anyways? I'm not sure, just asking. And if you did, isn't your argument moot then on me being wrong?

One Victory?

You have no idea of how many grievances are won everyday against the company, millions of dollars have been won and numerous workers have been returned back to work and made whole.

If you were an employee you would know that.

I can list the 401K arbitration, the Attendance Control arbitration and the HMO arbitration that cost the company big bucks.

And the RLA and bankruptcy laws are reality.

And no the employees will not be working for HP and their terms, go educate yourself on mergers, the RLA and the NMB.

The laws are the same since the PSA and US merger and the PI and US merger, where the IAM was the majority of the workers so the US/IAM contract was the surviving collective bargaining agreement. Since the IBT Mechanic and Related at HP are not more then 35% of the workforce, the NMB will probably rule that all the employees will fall under the current US/IAM Collective Bargaining agreement, which remains in force today.

Like I have said, those are reality and facts and if you were an Airline employee under the RLA and the NMB you would understand the concept, this is not a merger where the company can just impose and pick and choose which contract or pieces to honor.

The employees have given several billion dollars in hard cash to US all ready with billions more to come, why do you think the employees were given stock in the company in the last bankruptcy, the stock was a return on the employees' INVESTMENT in the airline, and in the latest round of bankruptcy the employees will be getting stock and profit sharing once a profit is ever made.

And once again ALL the airbus S-Checks are being performed by US Airways IAM Represented Mechanics in PIT, what was voted away was the 757, 767 and A330 Heavy maintenance and 50% of the 737 Q-checks in the company's final offer.
See if you were an employee you would know that, the IAM members did not vote away the scope language in reference to the Airbus heavy maintenance.

I am just trying to educate you on the process, how it works and what has actually taken place, instead of trying to prove me wrong, which you have not done, maybe take the time and read it and understand it, see I and many others have lived it and you have not.

Just for your information, I was an employee at another airline and got out while the industry was still decent. Unfortunately for others, they have stayed put. Again, I don't care what the RLA says, the major victories have been won by management. AWA is not going through with this merger if they don't get what they want. I'm not interested in the thousands of small victories, nor am I interested in the thousands of small defeats. I know that you guys sold out smaller stations last contract and you'll keep turning on your own until there are no more. As far as all of this academics, I deal in reality. Each day you say you're winning these battles and yet your membership continues to decline and your benefits continue to do so as well. As far as stock goes, was it given when the company exits this BK or after the prior one? Anything prior to this one is being wiped out. Look at the AL boys and their investment. Again, I don't profess to know the ins and outs, but don't assume that I'm some passenger who doesn't know anything about the industry either.

First of all the Mechanic and Related did not vote away the small stations, that was fleet service.

The stock was given at the last round of chapter 11 and the company approached the unions in this bankruptcy to modify the vesting so the employees do not lose the stock or take a bath in its value. All the unions except ALPA reached a new agreement with the company in regard to the stock and they were filed with the bankruptcy court and approved by Judge Mitchell.

And HP is not in the driver's seat when it comes to labor the RLA and NMB will goven what happens as well as the Allegheny/Mohawk Labor Protection Provisions.

And I did not turn on anyone I voted NO!

The whole industry is in a decline except for a few LCCs, take a look around you and especially fuel prices which is driving the latest financial crisis.

And go back and ask any US Airways non-union employee back in 1992 what happened to them and ask them why they are now union.

The RSA had a differant class of stock and they gave their money to US all ready where as the employees have given and still will be giving back over the next several years.

Apparently you don't know about the stock, the scope language and how labor is intergrated and contracts are also.

Heavy maintenance of the Airbus Narrow Body A320 family is being performed in-house by US Airways' mechanics in PIT.

700UW said:
The IAM is a democratic organization,

That statement is a big JOKE!! If I didn't have a life I could post all the iam's LIES about standing behind what their members vote on. We will never forget the revote scandal of the iam where they stripped the democratic process away from all their members. If the iam gave me a union job like yourself and saved me from commuting I would never be the lap dog that you became.

Attachments

• lapdog.jpg
    lapdog.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 102
How many times do I have to tell you I don't have a IAM job, I work 40 hours a week at US.

And the members are the ones who wanted to revote, and why did it pass the second time?

Don't let the facts get in your way.

700UW said:
How many times do I have to tell you I don't have a IAM job, I work 40 hours a week at US.

And the members are the ones who wanted to revote, and why did it pass the second time?

Don't let the facts get in your way.
[post="275570"][/post]​

3 untruths in 1 1/2 sentences. Man your good, well trained at flacid harbor. :p

I guess you enjoy making up lies about people.

Shall I show you my paycheck?

Like I said, don't let the facts get in your way.

If you wish to discuss IAM/700s paychecks/Arbitrators Rulings, etc plz start a new thread or take it to PM. This thread is about the Unions Board Seats. Thanks. :cop:

700UW said:
Oh really?

What do you call this?
The IAM followed the RLA and the IAM prevailed in the airbus outsourcing, did you forget that?

The IAM is a democratic organization, the member voted to accept the concessions and not to strike, that is their choice, the union is not a body, the unions is all its members.

And I guess you don't understand bankruptcy where the company has the upper hand and the employees and their unions basically have no rights and no control on what happens.

Boards seats remain up in the air and no one knows if there will be any or not for the unions as the POR has not been filed.

And HP does not want liquidation to happen, then all US' assets are up for bid for anyone who wants to buy them, and HP does not have deep pockets as you see all outside investors are bankrolling the merger, not HP. And 99% of US' assets are collateral for loans or EETCs, so HP will get nothing, they assets revert to the lien holders who can do what they want with them and sell them to whomever they choose.

DCA and LGA slots are collateral for the ATSB loan and BOS is not a slot controlled airport.

And once again, don't let the facts or the process get in your way of thinking, funny how you ignored most of my previous post.
[post="275516"][/post]​
Gaining the narrow body airbus work and losing the 757, 767, and 330 and half of the 737 and all of the shops is not what I call a victory! Let's face it the company got everything it wanted and will continue to get what it wants because nobody is willing to take a stand!! They are not scared of any union on the property. You can rant on about the contract this and the contract that but in the end the company will win they haven't lost up to this point, not likely they will be beaten at all. Thems the facts brother like or not!!

Very true, the majority of the membership is scared to stand up against the company and do the right thing and take them on.