Board Pollution

EyeInTheSky

Veteran
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
A few posters just posted one of the forum upgrades that most of us have seemed to over look: Ignore User. Given that most employees take enough crap on the job, you certainly don't want to read more here. Just click on the name of the user you would like to ignore and viola!! No more crap! You won't see anything from these posters. Its a nice feature and I am sure it will drive someone nuts knowing that many of us aren't ABLE to read the his daily PRAVDA type postings.

PineyBob said:
I guess that gate swings both ways doesn't it? Me I prefer the entire free market of ideas and information. It's up to me to sort it all out.
[post="172094"][/post]​

Yes, you're right Bob, it does swing both ways. I prefer the free market of ideas, too! I tend to be an information sponge, however, when the information is:

1) continually biased toward one position exclusive of factual evidence to the contrary;

2)repetitive to the point of nausea, and....

3)consistantly baiting in content toward specific individuals without merit

I concluded that one must put garbage where it rightfully belongs. I don't buy the National Inquirer and The Star for the same reason, it repeats useless information, and is often filled with hyped inaccuracies.

Put another way, it is a sorely needed mute button for this forum to filter out the noise & static.

Lark

Does the ignore feature send a note to the "ignoree" to the effect that a member has added him to his ignore list? That would make it an EXCELLENT feature. Without that, a certain poster has no idea he's being ignored, and that takes 90% of the fun out of it.

PineyBob said:
Lark,

I personally find it disturbing that he has publically agreed with me. Guilt by Association and all of that. I have been forced on ocassion to re-think my position

He serves a purpose despite the way he beats an issue to the ground. He keeps me honest intellectually and I think that's good
[post="172115"][/post]​

On the "keeps me honest" thing -- you and I are galaxies apart on what we perceive as honest. No offense to you, of course.

Lark

Latest posts

Back