Voting Yes

What we are working under now is better than what is proposed ! This T/A is just "Concessions part II /The great job give-away".

The question on my mind is if we are all willing to pay the price of a No vote. That is, NMB says go to the back of the line and we will get to you in 2011. Without retro that is another free six months for AA under the current contract. And if we'll get better results after all that is doubtful, barring a big turn around in AA's financial situation.
<_< ------- The answer to that my friend is simple! It would be better to live under the contract you have now, than under that peace of garbage AA/TWU are trying to ram down your gullet! ------- And yes, your right, there are no guarantees in life!-------- That's what makes it so interesting!!!

The question on my mind is if we are all willing to pay the price of a No vote. That is, NMB says go to the back of the line and we will get to you in 2011. Without retro that is another free six months for AA under the current contract. And if we'll get better results after all that is doubtful, barring a big turn around in AA's financial situation.
Short-sighted or blind? A yes vote is career suicide for the AMT. The only possible, logical vote is NO. Its a concessionary deal, no retro, divisive and career ending. Send them back to the table with a clear mandate. Retro language is a must. Geo pay a must. No further watering down of AMT jobs at overhaul. Hands off retiree medical, you cant change the rules in the middle of the game. Tell them to just forget the eagle asm cap, not gonna happen. They have lived off our backs for 7 years!!! The two years of extra concession savings since may 2008 should be more than enough to self fund our contract.

frontline,

You shouldn't have to ask yourself this question if you are a true union person. This ta has NOTHING worth voting yes on that would even come close to restoring our sacrifices.

We vote NO and the NMB puts us on the back burner? Okay, so we wait. Why run into more concessions when we can unite and fight for what our craft deserves. The longer we are on hold, ie. aa drags their feet, the larger the retro check will be. And I mean retro check from when this current 2003 POS became amendable in 2008 NOT 2010. (That was pure lack of fighting for the yes voters who brought this back.)

You wishing that AMR experiencing a huge turnaround in THEIR financial fortunes will encite them to share with you those gains is FUBAR.

Either you were not here for the 1995 fiasco or you are experiencing Stockholm Syndrome.

Many crime scene analysts say that fighting when one is first confronted is the best and only choice because submitting to the suspect only leaves you in their control and subject to a greater violation when they are able to relocate you to a situation where they have even greater control.

Grow a Pair and recognize that while all we have is saying NO: that is what we must do.

Everybody doesn't get to be a General, hell, most of us never get to command more than our hand tools; but, individually, we can agree with others to become more than either the TWU or AMR really wanted to fight.

Latest posts