US Pilots Labor Discussion 9/23- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like others, you set up a scenario that favors the East then proclaim that it can't come true so the arbitrated results are "unfair". Could it be that the arbitrated result is fair, but your contrived scenario is biased?

Jim
Post of the Year! This is exactly what is going on. The East pilots have predetermined what is "fair" in their minds as measured according to their standards and then compare NIC to their heavily biased version (faulty standard) and then unashamedly proclaim that the NIC is unfair to the east. I’ve said it before but “right”, “wrong” “fair”, “moral”, “just” and other such measures cannot be ascertained by looking internally in your own mind. These concepts need an outside standard of authority in order to determine rightness, fairness, or morality. The East continues to bloviate about their own self-invented standards rather than accept the obvious external standards (those not proffered by a group of East pilots).

Reactions: 3 people
Los took care of the attriton, or was that lost on you? What big change did the west make to their proposal after Nic came back and said neither side would win? Tell me, what was your best offer to the east? No one seems to want to touch that.
What 60-70% of the east does not change one position between DOH/LOS. So no it is not lost on anyone.

First question that needs to be asked. AFTER the arbitration did the west have any obligation to make or accept any proposal to change the Nicolau one comma? Since we had no obligation and it was the east that wanted something from the west it should have been your obligation to offer some incentive.

So what did proposal did the east make to the west? LOS. Furloughs by DOH. What was the east’s best offer? It was the east that demanded these meetings not the west. Therefore it was the easts responsibility to make a deal not us.

But that is all in the past. 3 years past. It is all up to usapa now. No one to blame but yourselves. After this long even if the west could make a deal. We are not going to. It is the Nicolau full strength. Unaltered. Judge Wake or judge Silver will tell all of you soon that just like your career choice you choose poorly.

Reactions: 3 people
What 60-70% of the east does not change one position between DOH/LOS. So no it is not lost on anyone.

First question that needs to be asked. AFTER the arbitration did the west have any obligation to make or accept any proposal to change the Nicolau one comma? Since we had no obligation and it was the east that wanted something from the west it should have been your obligation to offer some incentive.

So what did proposal did the east make to the west? LOS. Furloughs by DOH. What was the east’s best offer? It was the east that demanded these meetings not the west. Therefore it was the easts responsibility to make a deal not us.

But that is all in the past. 3 years past. It is all up to usapa now. No one to blame but yourselves. After this long even if the west could make a deal. We are not going to. It is the Nicolau full strength. Unaltered. Judge Wake or judge Silver will tell all of you soon that just like your career choice you choose poorly.

No, the west had no obligation to change the Nic one comma, and they didn't, that's part of the reason we are where we are today. That was your decision, but you were told what the outcome would be and you still whine about it. You decided to not alter the Nic so you should do what you need to do to see it out, but stop whining about it.

I have no idea what was offered by the east during ALPA's attempts to solve the crisis. I've asked a lot of guys, but they say that in the end the west was afraid to alter the Nic, as you say, one comma.

My career choice? I chose to accept a job with one the most successful and beloved airlines to ever operate. Can you say that? If I made a bad choice, I guess you did too because we ended up at the same place. More great west logic. Is there something in the water out there?

We will see where this ends up. You may be right that Judge Wake or Silver may say that, but my gut says they won't be the final word on it, which ever side they come down on.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.