Bob owens strike ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul1

Veteran
Mar 11, 2010
Bob please tell me this is not true. the word is you plan for the ny local to hired a lawyer and pursue a strike? Is any one else on board with you?
first, is it not illegal under bankruptcy?

I think it might be foolish to piss off the company at a time when they yield all the power, just my thought.

Yes I can already hear you talking about not being prey, but at some point you need to wake up.

Also can anybody answer the question of who will be representing in BK when are contracts are being discussed ..i.e. the lawer the intl. hired or who?

Owens isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Personally I wish he would just go away and keep his mouth shut before he also screws up the court case.

BTW, Levine is in a high powered firm with 257 other lawyers. She is a premier BK atty having been involved in in many cases. I would rather have her representing me then Owens. I don't think he's passed the bar HAS HE?

For you to put one name on this is simply ignorant.

I saw someone else post some advice to get educated on the process, then make some rational decisions.

You are all foolish. For you to put one name on this is simply ignorant.

I saw someone else post some advice to get educated on the process, then make some rational decisions.
tech2101 see alot of people come to this forum because of Bob to find out what was going on with the contract the intl. and alot of locals did very little in telling us anything that was going on with the contracts.

Now we enter BK and the intl thankfully is much more involved. Yes hopefully someone can talk some sense into the guy. The problem is he believes ALL is own rants. Problem is alot of people listen to him and believe everthing he puts out is gospel

Bob please tell me this is not true. the word is you plan for the ny local to hired a lawyer and pursue a strike? Is any one else on board with you?

I was there today with bob Owens and I can assure you what you are stating about pursuing a strike was not on the agenda of our meeting.

Also can anybody answer the question of who will be representing in BK when are contracts are being discussed ..i.e. the lawer the intl. hired or who?

the International bankruptcy lawyer and bobby gless are on the creditors committee

Owens isn't the sharpest tool in the shed. Personally I wish he would just go away and keep his mouth shut before he also screws up the court case.

BTW, Levine is in a high powered firm with 257 other lawyers. She is a premier BK atty having been involved in in many cases. I would rather have her representing me then Owens. I don't think he's passed the bar HAS HE?

Bob owens never stated he was ever attempting to represent in lieu of a bankruptcy attorney.

You are all foolish. For you to put one name on this is simply ignorant.

For you to ignore recent history is ignorant. Had the last agreement not been voted down, things would be different then they are today. I'm not saying BK would have been avoided but I would definitely have more $ in the bank. In the end I will end up with what the failed TA would have gotten me, except less. We all know who engineered the no vote. I am educated on the process and you people need to pull your heads out.

And now, you think that person should represent you in any way, shape or form? That would be the most foolish thing yet. I am a dues paying member. My families livelihood and future has been derailed by a comedy of errors, not only by foolish union leaders but buy foolish mgt as well. Doing the same things over and over is insane. You should think about getting with the program before chapter 7 comes along. Hopefully you're aware of the consequences.

Finally, the president that keeps coming on here and stating his opinion and spouting his facts all over the place should learn to keep it shut before he derails this process. Everything you say can and will be used against you.

I was there today with bob Owens and I can assure you what you are stating about pursuing a strike was not on the agenda of our meeting.

the International bankruptcy lawyer and bobby gless are on the creditors committee
Thank You Chuck for clearing that up. As i'm certian it wouldn't be in are best interest. ty

Interesting that you don't know the lawyers name being a highly educated union official. All you can do is try to paint the bad picture by telling half truths.

Bob Owens cannot call a strike even if he wanted to. We are currently living under the 2003 agreement, the pension is still intact, and so is retiree medical. The company is obligated to negotiate with the TWU in BK, and it would be wise to wait & see what the company proposes instead of guessing what we're losing or gaining. Boy, it doesn't take much to turn the tables on Bob Owens, especially from his so called supporters. Cut the guy some slack....I'm sure he's getting bombarded with stupid questions and stupid rumors.

Hasn't the vote NO coalition proven their lack of knowledge about what the situation is at AA!!!! They cost us all money, and now they want to call a strike!!!!! WTF By the way it's illegal to go on strike during BK for the airline industry. How much money is the NY local going to cost it's membership to find that out from an attorney.

Of course if this just a rumor, it should be cleared up ASAP.

Sharon Levine is an awesome bankruptcy attorney, but the courts have all ready ruled, if your contract is abrogated you cant strike.

Hasn't the vote NO coalition proven their lack of knowledge about what the situation is at AA!!!! They cost us all money, and now they want to call a strike!!!!! WTF By the way it's illegal to go on strike during BK for the airline industry. How much money is the NY local going to cost it's membership to find that out from an attorney.

Of course if this just a rumor, it should be cleared up ASAP.

see below:

#8 paul1 Posted Today, 10:41 PM
Senior

Group:
Registered Member Posts:
381 Joined:
11-March 10 Chuck Schalk, on 05 December 2011 - 10:29 PM, said:

Thank You Chuck for clearing that up. As i'm certian it wouldn't be in are best interest. ty

Sharon Levine is an awesome bankruptcy attorney, but the courts have all ready ruled, if your contract is abrogated you cant strike.
Can't strike or get locked out per the 2003 CBA. The CBA is still in effect, and will be until it's re-negotiated or abrogated by the judge and neither has occurred to date.

The TWU has a fiduciary responsibility to the membership, whether they like it or not, and if they fail to protect the membership's best interest in BK there's consequences to that failure. The pilots at TWA sued ALPA because labor failed to properly represent the pilots. The TWU is up to bat and we'll just wait and see how they do at the plate. Kind of hard to make backroom deals when hundreds of lawyers are listening and watching. I think it's money well spent by the individual locals having lawyers watching and listening on behalf of the people that will eventually take it in the shorts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back