BOD Due Dilligence

Aug 25, 2006
retirement
Todays announcement makes you wonder whether Doug disclosed his previous arrest's when he applied for work. If he did, then did the BOD look at 3 DUI's and say, "hey, you're a good money man, we'll over look that, here's your key to the executive washroom."

Todays announcement makes you wonder whether Doug disclosed his previous arrest's when he applied for work. If he did, then did the BOD look at 3 DUI's and say, "hey, you're a good money man, we'll over look that, here's your key to the executive washroom."

If I was a share holder, I'd start a class action lawsuit, my long puts don't count as being a shareholder.

Good point. If any other employee lied on their application they'd get axed.

If every CEO had to reveal times they were arrested, my guess is there wouldn't be many CEO's out there!

If someone can run a country after having a DUI, then someone should be able to run a company as well.

This is not just a case of stupidity.......it is a case of arrogance....and grave indifference. Parker has proven he is not fit to lead. He now needs to go. It has now come out that this is not his first time at the DUI RODEO. What else will we find out down the road? Now US AIRWAYS...say that’s all they are going to say....excuse me....but you are a publicly held company.....and you had better answer all the questions or you all need to go. Who do you think you are.....the Bush administration? I say the share holder need to push Parker and his Greedy Gang OUT. :down:

If someone can run a country after having a DUI, then someone should be able to run a company as well.

He didn't get the DUI while he was President. Doug is in a tough spot because of US's zero tolerance policy. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If Travelpro72 or BoeingBoy had been at the company-sponsored party and they made the news about a DUI, they would have been terminated with no questions asked.

If every CEO had to reveal times they were arrested, my guess is there wouldn't be many CEO's out there!

One I can see, but not FOUR!

Respectfully I disagree.

DP made the mistake of arrogance as many in his position do.

Should he be burned at the stake? NOT in my mind. The key will be what happens next.

One could argue that given the prior track record of the airline industry as a whole, that having a drunk CEO is the least of the industries and US's problems.

If he gets US Airways squared away over the next year by treating customers and employees right while building shareholder Value, Hell I'll pick up his bar tab for the evening AND Drive his drunk ass home.

Deep Deep Deep down I don't care if he drinks like a fish just so long as US is a good airline for me to fly and he has the good common sense to hire a driver.

He should be given the same EAP considerations that employees receive.

I'm sure it was known. Goes through the same employment screening and background check as everyone else.

Really? If I were a shareholder, I'd just be happy that this man doubled my investment in under two years!

DCAflyer,
True, but that's in the past. What the future holds is a large aircraft order and major International expansion. The BIG question is: Will any bank lend financing to US Airways with Doogie at the helm? Sure, they were willing to put up 10 billion a week ago; but knowing what we all know now, would you?

I always say there is a reason for everything and boy oh boy just thank your lucky stars that the Delta merger DID NOT go through. If he's drinking over a lost deal god only knows how much drinking he would have done after realizing he created a cluster f*&k of epic proportions. That would put 80,000 employees and their families at risk.

To me, the decision is easy. I like Doogie, but 4 DUI's is totally unacceptable.

Later,
Eye

He doesn't need to be burned to the stake, but he does need to step down. Its a credibility issue with shareholders and stakeholders and yes, employees who are confronted with the same situations that stress can create and do not get second chances. He's suppose to lead, and lead 35,000 employees. Employees get terminated for these kinds of behavior and they are forced out because of a zero policy, and to move on.

Doug can handle it. He needs to resign from his position and let someone else take the co. forward. I am sure he can find other work. There are many CEOs out there that can take LCC forward with all the cost savings and bk debt- free contracts that U has provided.

He doesn't need to be burned to the stake, but he does need to step down. Its a credibility issue with shareholders and stakeholders and yes, employees who are confronted with the same situations that stress can create and do not get second chances. He's suppose to lead, and lead 35,000 employees. Employees get terminated for these kinds of behavior and they are forced out because of a zero policy, and to move on.

Doug can handle it. He needs to resign from his position and let someone else take the co. forward. I am sure he can find other work. There are many CEOs out there than can take LCC forward with all the cost savings and bk debt free contracts that U has provided.

You are correct again. Even though Bruce A was only a VP he found new employment in India after he was fired I mean left.