boeing 787

FA Mikey

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
miami
Scott Carson told an investment conference in New York that Boeing has 435 firm orders for the new jet from 35 customers along with another 21 nonbinding commitments. The continuing demand makes it "the very strongest product launch in the history of this industry," he maintained.

Asked when the largest U.S. carriers are likely to order new planes again, Carson said he expects UAL Corp.'s United Airlines, AMR Corp.'s American Airlines and Delta Air Lines Inc. to be ready in late 2007 or 2008.

With a pilot agreement in place it could just happen.

From his lips to God's ears! I would LOVE to work on something other than the S80. I don't mind the S80. It's just that I would like to see something new.

Last week of reserve in NOV, I actually got to work one leg on a 737. I've been qualified since I graduated in SEP00, and this made about the 3rd time I have ever worked a 737.

I think the company is biding it's time and collecting interest on the $5.5 billion until the China question is settled. Then acquisitions will begin--either new a/c, another airline, or both.

Back