Booking American Airlines ticket for someone else

dafydd hewes

Oct 10, 2019
Hopefully someone will know the answer...

I have booked a ticket for someone else periodically using Advantage Miles. Like once every 18 months, so I don't remember exactly the procedure. Have been pulling hair out trying to do it again. Called AA a couple of times but here is where I am....

Instructions are to not log in under my AA account. But, select Redeem Miles. Continue to choose flghts. I get as far as selecting TO and FROM flights, but there is no way to continue. It is forcing me to log in. There are no "Next" or "Continue" buttons. Sigh.

I have tried variations of this, like not logging in until it absolutely forces me to do so which is not nearly to the end where I believe I was to enter the Advantage number. I have tried not Redeeming Miles and continuing that way. No go. I have tried logging in then changing the Passenger #1 Name and vitals... that of course fails.

Help? How do I make a ticket for someone else with my AA miles? There's a beer or good karma for anyone who can decrypt the mystery. Having done it before, is frustrating to not repeat it. But also nuts to follow instructions from the phone support and still no go.

Anyone? tx

Additionally... have spoken to AA help desk and have received 3 different answers on how to proceed. None work. Help??

You'll have better luck on FlyerTalk.com -- few people on this site have ever booked a redemption ticket, and fewer have ever had to issue a ticket for a customer.

Every time I used miles for one of my kids, I had to log in before shopping, and then update the passenger info after selecting segments.

You'll have better luck on FlyerTalk.com -- few people on this site have ever booked a redemption ticket, and fewer have ever had to issue a ticket for a customer.

Every time I used miles for one of my kids, I had to log in before shopping, and then update the passenger info after selecting segments.
You would be correct.

Latest posts