BOS ALPA F/O Rep. Update - July 12, 2007

So you're saying that there is actually an East guy who would vote against replacing ALPA?

Not so. He WILL vote to oust ALPA but he will also pretend he was never part of backing ALPA's failures, so that he can try to be in "leadership" of the new union.

I never thought we would get parity. We can live with what we have. You will not see our left seat anytime soon. It doesnt matter if we decertify or not. So dont worry to much about us sweetie.
I have no interest in the east's left seats. Never have.

We have a vacancy bid coming out in the west so I could care less what goes on out there.

And you're about the only east guy who didn't think you wouldn't get parity.

We'll have a joint contract soon and we'll all be bidding for vacancies via Nicolau's list.

Sounds just fine to me sunshine. Let's just agree to disagree and stay separate at this point. The less mingling of crews the better off I think we'll all be since there seems to be no unity amongst the troops.

Unity has nothing to do with it.

Mixing the "troops" according to Nicholau will result in bloodshed.

Every single FO will show up with a stack of ASRs and likely start using them post haste. The few going east will likely bear the brunt of the east anger.

Hope you guys have alternative career plans. Have a good life.

Unity has nothing to do with it.

Mixing the "troops" according to Nicholau will result in bloodshed.

Every single FO will show up with a stack of ASRs and likely start using them post haste. The few going east will likely bear the brunt of the east anger.

Hope you guys have alternative career plans. Have a good life.
So now we are talking some sort of physical violence or bloodshed? No idea here what ASRs are either.

Your post seems somewhat ambiguous to me. Maybe it is just me but I am not really clear on what you are saying. Anyway thanks for the well wishes. This job is not what makes me who I am, it is only what I do. Good luck to you but I would be willing to bet we'll still be collecting a paycheck here around Christmas.

We have a vacancy bid coming out in the west so I could care less what goes on out there.

We'll have a joint contract soon and we'll all be bidding for vacancies via Nicolau's list.

Soon? five or more years is soon?

The East pilots may or may not get parity, but one thing appears certain. There will be no joint contract unless the East pilots are satisfied with some sort of resolution to the Nicolau Award problem.

Why? By not obtaining a joint contract the East pilots have an ironclad way to prevent the Nicolau Award from being implemented.

Meanwhile, East pilots will continue to get pay raises with the next Permanent Bid effective October 1 about to be released.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Yeah I guess they have to have a bid to replace the #1 guy who just retired or soon to be retired. What was the SCAB'S name again?

!

From your previous posts, it seemed as though Doug was dying to force parity down your throats.

Something you want to share? Change of plans in the Sandcastle?
Here are some good ones from USA320Pilot:

Therefore, is US Airways’ “executive suiteâ€￾ interested in providing the East pilots a pay raise in exchange for labor peace and replacing the Piedmont Dash 8’s with Q-400’s, which could be used to support the FAA’s NPRM LGA Demand Management program, since the Transition Agreement would not preclude the East pilots from granting scope relief while the East and West mainline pilots remain separate?

Answer is "NO!"

But, many have asked what would be the Company’s motivation to provide a pay raise outside of joint contract talks.
I believe there could be two points: Labor peace on the East and Turboprop Scope relief.

Wrong and WRONG!

I do not know, but what I do know is it's being discussed between the Company and the East Negotiating Committee (noticed I did not say Joint Negotiating Committee)

Discussion!?!?. The only "discussion" was Parker telling Stephan to sit and spin.

"how management, the AWA pilot leadership or any other party can single out our pilot group and endorse this injustice (separate pay scales between East and West pilots) is inconceivable."

A joint contract will get you parity.

Still eating that BS you Westies are feeding each other?

Oooh, great comeback genius.

We are not a bunch of whores, are you a bunch of whores?

Actually, you are and you have a history that proves it.

Heck, look at the LOA you're working under.

Back