Boston mechanic Gets CDD for ground damage

I noticed many people gave me negative marks, yet not one person came on here and stated why they disagree with anything I said. I guess it is hard to argue with the truth and easy to show your contempt of it. You complain about the way things are but attack people who introduce concepts. The fact is if you want serious change your going to have to seriously change. 

I understand seniority is important to a lot of you, but seniority is not worth a damn if it is not portable. It is nothing but a "GOLDEN BIRDCAGE". Why compete for top talent when you already have it chained to the company. 

I would suggest if you are going to try to shape a new UNION you make an alliance and agree that seniority can carry over to other airlines upon DoH. Forcing Airlines to compete for your skill can only work in your favor.

If AA wants to offer horrible pay and benefits that is fine, let them hire the bottom of the barrel mechanics. The good mechanics can take their seniority and move on to better opportunities.  Let them get what they pay for. Don't let them use seniority entrapment to pay low wages to experienced, skilled labor.

You say seniority is what gives you good hours, days off, and choice of jobs. It is also what the company uses to walk all over you.

Do you realize how much you sound like WT in that post?

Negative votes tend to reflect less on what you're saying, but more in how you're saying it.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Did you have anything further to say OgieJFK?
I sure as hell do but will refrain since this thread is about being written up/accidents and not seniority.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I noticed many people gave me negative marks, yet not one person came on here and stated why they disagree with anything I said.

I did.

I would suggest if you are going to try to shape a new UNION you make an alliance and agree that seniority can carry over to other airlines upon DoH.

Like somone once said to me, "Let me know when you get back from Fantasy Land and join us back here in Realityville."

Zom JFK said:

I noticed many people gave me negative marks, yet not one person came on here and stated why they disagree with anything I said.

I did.

I would suggest if you are going to try to shape a new UNION you make an alliance and agree that seniority can carry over to other airlines upon DoH.

Like somone once said to me, "Let me know when you get back from Fantasy Land and join us back here in Realityville."
Saying you agree with both of us is hardly explaining why you disagree with me.

I think the exciting part of a new UNION is you get a chance to shape your future. So shape it.

I guess people would rather let airlines use seniority to entrap them. I don't understand why you guys are so resistant to having your seniority portable through all carriers where mechanics are AMFA represented. That seems like it would be favorable toward the employee to me. Since you are so against it could you at least post what you think the downside is?

OgieJFK said:
I sure as hell do but will refrain since this thread is about being written up/accidents and not seniority.
I honestly would like to hear what you have to say, even if it is in another thread.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
Saying you agree with both of us is hardly explaining why you disagree with me.

I think the exciting part of a new UNION is you get a chance to shape your future. So shape it.

I guess people would rather let airlines use seniority to entrap them. I don't understand why you guys are so resistant to having your seniority portable through all carriers where mechanics are AMFA represented. That seems like it would be favorable toward the employee to me. Since you are so against it could you at least post what you think the downside is?
Seniority portability would be a great thing, it's not going to happen though. I don't agree with what you say about airlines using seniority to entrap people - just those who are too scared to give it up and move somewhere else. You've jumped all over the 'golden handcuffs' thing, and every time I've heard it used was in reference to UPS; it sucks to work there and it's very hostile between labor and management, but they pay so damn good that you won't give it up. To me, THATS what golden handcuffs are, not seniority. I have no problem walking away from my seniority if a good opportunity presents itself.

blue collar said:
Seniority portability would be a great thing, it's not going to happen though. I don't agree with what you say about airlines using seniority to entrap people - just those who are too scared to give it up and move somewhere else. You've jumped all over the 'golden handcuffs' thing, and every time I've heard it used was in reference to UPS; it sucks to work there and it's very hostile between labor and management, but they pay so damn good that you won't give it up. To me, THATS what golden handcuffs are, not seniority. I have no problem walking away from my seniority if a good opportunity presents itself.
I thank you for the response, however I believe this is the rule 

just those who are too scared to give it up and move somewhere else.

and this is the exception.

I have no problem walking away from my seniority if a good opportunity presents itself.

If what you say is true you are alot braver than you probably give yourself credit for.

La Li Lu Le Lo said:
I thank you for the response, however I believe this is the rule 

just those who are too scared to give it up and move somewhere else.

and this is the exception.

I have no problem walking away from my seniority if a good opportunity presents itself.

If what you say is true you are alot braver than you probably give yourself credit for.
I walked away from an day/evening shift at US for midnights (probably for the rest of my career) at WN. The choice wasn't hard at all.

Latest posts

Back