Brancatellis Column/ Trustee Appointed ?

Gordon Bethune is available come January.

Seriously, don't the creditors have to petition for a trustee ? In their petition they need to demonstrate that current management is incapable of prudently conserving the estate. Despite what some of the employees think, I don't believe the case can be made.

Res said:
This is the same question the employees have been asking...why are the union leaders not asking the same question..or are they?
[post="182333"][/post]​
When you ask a union "leader" if that even applies or fits, they just say nothing has changed everything is static and we will have to wait and see. That is why I stopped waiting and seeing and looked for myself. The term "a joke" comes to mind. Don't look to the union leaders because they too are clueless, the only difference is they keep it a “secretâ€￾ from the membership except for the few "insiders". :rolleyes:

The recent New York Times article and now this, goes to show what the Employees have been saying for a very long time is very very true. They have no Clue how to run an Airline, it is just a CA$H cow for them. I hope they enjoy their money because it is going to get tight for the rest of us.

Man, that is a stupid notion. :rolleyes:

So you are saying that you would rather have an outsider running things, with no interest in Airways whatsoever. Someone who really could care less if Airways survives...?

Get a clue, the first thing he/she should do is liquidate. He/she would be here for the creditors, not you. <_< IF we were lucky, any trustee that would give one last chance to restructire would sure not give us any additional time nor leeway.

Do you think this "dream trustee" would come in, and not ask for the very same stiff cuts that are demanded already...? Stop kidding yourself and just deal with your new reality.

So many people on here are looking for any hope to salvage their pay/rules, when it would be better to accept reality, and either work to leave, or leave to work if this place is no longer (personally) worth staying for...

It is a job, not jail. Grow up.

Hawaiian has a trustee running the company and they are having no problem with it as they are getting ready to emerge from Chapter 11 protection.

Gee thanks, I will keep that in mind if I haapen to apply to Hawaiian.

You get angry at A320 for tossing out spin to scare the masses, do not do the same to lull them either 700UW. People should have a clear idea of what such things mean. Mentioning Hawaiian (implying that it is remotely as difficult a situation as our own) is misleading peoplke into thinking a trustee would "solve" our problem (just like it supposedly was the cure to Hawaiian's)

Hawaiian is a different situation than US Airways, and you know it. If anything, there has not been a hungry pack of wolves waiting to snatch up the assets of that much smaller carrier.

People need to realize, part of the problem Airways faces, is that we are worth more shut down and split up. Hawaiian's issues, especially labor, were MUCH easier and far less costly to fix than our own.

And like I said, no "Trustee" exists that will not come in and demand the very same cuts, thinking otherwise is a foolish daydream.

Rico said:
Man, that is a stupid notion. :rolleyes:

So you are saying that you would rather have an outsider running things, with no interest in Airways whatsoever. Someone who really could care less if Airways survives...?

Get a clue, the first thing he/she should do is liquidate. He/she would be here for the creditors, not you. <_< IF we were lucky, any trustee that would give one last chance to restructire would sure not give us any additional time nor leeway.

Do you think this "dream trustee" would come in, and not ask for the very same stiff cuts that are demanded already...? Stop kidding yourself and just deal with your new reality.

So many people on here are looking for any hope to salvage their pay/rules, when it would be better to accept reality, and either work to leave, or leave to work if this place is no longer (personally) worth staying for...

It is a job, not jail. Grow up.
[post="182363"][/post]​
Rico, I think with all due respect, what he was trying to say was that ANYTHING would be better than the current management!! Although I agree with your premise that the ship is sinking, and many people haven't even found the lifeboats!!! I'm in mine, and I can see land ahead!!! :up:

Geeze,

What I am saying is that people need to get away from their concept that something is going to change the FACT that they will face a large cut in pay/rules.

This will happen either because of reorganization, or because of liquidation.

All that adding a trustee will do is slow down the process. A delay like that is more likely to cause liquidation. Period.

Think for a second, who exactly would benefit from delaying change. No one with a vested interest in this company surviving.

Think people...

Let's take a survey shall we? Scratch your heads guys and let's see just how many bonehead ideas managment has come up with in the last 15 years that flushed millions, if not billions of OUR money down the drain. I'll begin with a few easy ones.

Metrojet
High ground
Business Select
The "coke can" debacle
Mirror Image

Let's put it up here for all to see. To show the viewers just what the CEO's of the past 15 years have done for and to a once great company. Ieads that brought us to this point. I know you can remember many more "ideas".

Anyone got a cost estimate as to how much these idiotic ideas cost us?

get to it folks. Let's see what you can come up with.

Oliver Twist said:
Let's take a survey shall we? Scratch your heads guys and let's see just how many bonehead ideas managment has come up with in the last 15 years that flushed millions, if not billions of OUR money down the drain. I'll begin with a few easy ones.

Metrojet
High ground
Business Select
The "coke can" debacle
Mirror Image

Let's put it up here for all to see. To show the viewers just what the CEO's of the past 15 years have done for and to a once great company. Ieads that brought us to this point. I know you can remember many more "ideas".

Anyone got a cost estimate as to how much these idiotic ideas cost us?

get to it folks. Let's see what you can come up with.
[post="182379"][/post]​
Business Select---"sorry already stated" it was a BIG one though

Ideas That Fly

Carrier of Choice

MAA

Dumping PSA

Running from LUV in Baltimore

Lying, Lying, Lying and Lying some more to it's employees while taking their money and benefits and making jerks instant millionaires.

I'd say this all equals total failure, and if I am wrong, WHY?

This is just the tip, please add. . . . . . . . . .

Latest posts