Doug Parker's Reply to my Email.

So now it's CCY's fault that the planes aren't clean? Give me a freakin' break. Obviously they had time to monkey around with the interiors because they did everything to them BUT clean them and maintain the IFE equipment.....They should have spent their time cleaning the planes instead of ripping seats out of Envoy.

And it sure didn't take them 2 years to rip seats and closets out of F on the narrow bodies, smoosh the seats together, and play "musical IFE equipment."

Too bad Brancatelli didn't write his article about the art of airline spinmeistering. US would have topped the list.

AND blaming ATC.
Yes, it is an outdated system, but it is our airline that decided to deploy many many RJ's and turboprops into the northeast corridor when the system struggled to handle large jets back in the day. Whose choice was that??? Pass the buck. It's all about taking accountability, isn't it?

When the
domestic operation is delayed, as it was at record levels this summer,
airlines rightfully delay their international flights even more, as we
wait for connecting travelers to arrive in the hub. Not doing so would
inconvenience these passengers tremendously as the next international
flight doesn't leave for another day (and likely has no seats available
as we were all extremely full this summer). These ATC delays and
subsequent holding of international trips led to poor on-time
performance for all
international operations in the Northeast.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Obviously Doug's never called PHL INTL to get some help in holding for many intl conx..... hahahahahah you so funny Doug. Actually, the late conx made it because the plane was probably broken to begin with. You dont hold hours for conx. OK, so maybe something was late anyway and once it was fixed PHL decided they were already an hour and a half late so they might as well wait for the 5 people who just landed, but to say PHL holds for INTL conx is ridiculous even if the flights are full for the NEXT WEEK!
BS- BS- BS- BS- BS. Oh, and did I mention BS?

And while we're on the subject of INTL CONX, Doug, why dont you TELL marketing that they need to make the conx MORE THAN 50 mins. That way the "ATC" problem wont result in having to hold if they actually had time to get to their next flight, even if it were a little late....

As we upgrade the airplanes, we're also bringing consistency and
upgrades to the onboard product. Our new program rolls out in January
and includes new and upgraded Envoy Class meals, wines and amenities.
Later next year, we'll begin installing new near-lie-flat seats and
handheld InFlight Entertainment units in Envoy, along with new InFlight
Entertainment computer servers and flat monitors in Economy on the B767
fleet.

Why so long, Doug? When these Envoy enhancements were announced in the Spring, they were to be rolled out "throughout the Fall". And...when the Envoy upgrade was announced, it was supposed to get underway at the end of this Summer's flying season? Is that a typo ("Later next year, we'll begin installing...")??! ANOTHER summer flying season (2008) with the ratty 767 interior??

(First of all, who really believes that DP personally wrote that e-mail? )
Boy, oh, boy! Where to begin, where to begin?
- If Tempe would put the same energy into running the damn airline and giving a decent rez system as does puts into its spin machine - we might have a halfway decent airline.
- As for the T/A flights running late because of hold for conx: Ask anyone working in an outstation who has ever called PHL asking if they would hold for a (usually ATC ) delayed flight
with T/A conx. The standard answer: NO.
- OK, So DL and CO had some delays also. But what was their average delay, and how many of their flights were delayed more than seven hours? I venture to guess not nearly as
bad; those carriers don't schedule the T?A fleets as tightly.

Other posters have already addressed DP's chimeras about cabin appearance and amenities and the PHL gate issues)

And today had been such a good day too. No real delays and very few PAWOBS. But reading DP's "Baghdad Bob"-worthy excuse fest put a downer on it. :(
(Now, I'll have to go to youtube to see the Miss Teen SC clip again)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Obviously Doug's never called PHL INTL to get some help in holding for many intl conx..... hahahahahah you so funny Doug. Actually, the late conx made it because the plane was probably broken to begin with. You dont hold hours for conx. OK, so maybe something was late anyway and once it was fixed PHL decided they were already an hour and a half late so they might as well wait for the 5 people who just landed, but to say PHL holds for INTL conx is ridiculous even if the flights are full for the NEXT WEEK!
BS- BS- BS- BS- BS. Oh, and did I mention BS?

And while we're on the subject of INTL CONX, Doug, why dont you TELL marketing that they need to make the conx MORE THAN 50 mins. That way the "ATC" problem wont result in having to hold if they actually had time to get to their next flight, even if it were a little late....
yeah they won't listen to us about the min connect maybe they will listen to the big guy.....

So now it's CCY's fault that the planes aren't clean? Give me a freakin' break. Obviously they had time to monkey around with the interiors because they did everything to them BUT clean them and maintain the IFE equipment.....They should have spent their time cleaning the planes instead of ripping seats out of Envoy.

And it sure didn't take them 2 years to rip seats and closets out of F on the narrow bodies, smoosh the seats together, and play "musical IFE equipment."

Too bad Brancatelli didn't write his article about the art of airline spinmeistering. US would have topped the list.

Oh and did you catch that the "Initiatives" which were suppose to start in the fall are now to take place in January...kind of like the return of glassware...LIES..NOTHING BUT LIES!!

If this letter really is from DP, why would he explain that certain problems have been identified yet have yet to be rectified?

And why wait until NEXT YEAR to do it?

What the hell is he waiting on??

Somebody needs to start cracking the whip! :glare:

It is unfortunate that it is now much less of a hassle to fly the 737 than it is to work a Transatlantic departure.

737 all the way. :up: That's where you'll find me!

OK, are you sitting down? I absolutely agree with that 100%. ;)
Many Senior people actually CHOOSE the 737 (as nasty, HOT and uncomfortable as they are) becuse at least you know WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO. Ever since the galley pack-outs have been f*cked with by Tempe, the AB is One BIG MESS. (I should not have to redesign the galley every time I come to work on it). The 757's are gross (eflops or not) and ever since that a/c has been delegated to the LAS Shuttle from the East, those galleys are crammmed with countless supplies that are not needed. Talk about Feast or Famine......KISS.

Isn't it sad? The tuna can is the only safe haven... everything has been f*cked up to a point that it's unworkable.

A330- Slave ship. Flies exclusively in transatlantic operations with the exception of the only occassionally daily Menopause Missile to San Juan. Constant apologies all night to last few rows, who risk injury if the passenger in front of them reclines. The mess that is the new US Airways transatlantic product/operation has been covered well here and in the media.

B767- This pig is embarrassing and customers comment on it. 1980's bins and IFE. "Try not to electrocute yourself" third world aft galley. You name it, on this thing it's dirty and broken. First part of service before hot towels, ramekins, and linens: walk through with one hot towel and wipe down tray tables, checking that they are present and usable- don't bet on it. Again, a major star in US Airways "Atlantic Abortion" service.

B757- Dingy, dirty, inconsistent. Only flies to places like Vegas and Florida (no thanks to either). The ETOPs (Engines Turn Or People Swim) version is a hot mess. The bizarre one-row 'mini-cabin' at row four. You really can't describe how ridiculous the way you have to do the service is until you are on it. The non-ATA ETOPS 757s in coach take the cake for the "Are you serious?" factor.

A319/320/321- only the 319 has avoided the Cactus Butchering that has been the demise of it's siblings. The forward galleys on the 320 and 321 are an abomination, bringing new levels of discomfort to the domestic first class cabin. Working A feels like being watched preparing food in a jail cell. Don't bother to bring a bag or a coat, there is no space. You can however use your coat as a pillow, or an eye shield from the bright galley lights. IFE in overhead bin so your pikachu is always in the persons face who is in the seat below. The aft galley is pathetic, it's different each time, too much of this, too little of that. No consistency. You have to redo it yourself to the former packout that made sense, because it was designed by professionals. Not by some desert clown who thinks any of us are going to precariously place a dirty bucket of ice on top of a cart and paper clip items to it. Such an f'in joke.

E190- The E170 was a dream to work, each F/A had thier own galley. The packout in the back made sense. You had a closet up front. You had boarding music. Fast forward to the Tempe ordered version- I can just picture them on the phone with Embraer. "Closet? NO, we hate closets! G2? No way, we only want two galleys, put the thinnest bulkhead you can find there. So, where IS Brazil anyway?" I for one refuse to use the overhead bin for stowage of food and beverage items, so I throw them on the jetway. If we don't have enough, oh well, the company failed to prepare for the service they expect us to offer. First Class overhead bins are for First Class bags, not pretzels and garbage bags. Same goes for underseat stowage in coach.

And again, where is glassware going on any of these birds?

Ah, the B737, dirty and decrepid, but there's space for galley supplies, coats, bags...