Brazil hangar approved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's a first. Been on this forum for 7 years and followed all kinds of threads. Never seen the race card thrown. A new low. Awesome.

Reactions: enough already
How is this possible. All of you on this Board that voted for Trump. Enjoy your Layoff. Hey maybe you should have your International president write a letter to Trump. Oh way. You already did that. Damn.

This has nothing to do with Trump Hillary or Obama..We are Union and we pay them to protect our jobs. Where are The Protests from the Union??? crickets crickets crickets

What makes you say that Obama is my hero. Oh I guess because I am Black you would just pull that out of your AZZ. Its said that you can't come up with something that Trump has done to help keep OUR jobs in the US. Let alone bring some back. Trump is President. Live in the present. When you get laid off. Call YOUR president and ask him to find you a job.

STOP with color of your skin excuses. That card is played out. Come up with something better

STOP with color of your skin excuses. That card is played out. Come up with something better
You have to prove you are better, if you just demand more money ,and the product isn't any better you prove nothing. If you can save the company money because that aircraft can fly heavy check to heavy check, without major work because the people in Brazil, or the far east keep screwing up then you prove your worth.It's easy to contract maintenance out, always has been even line maintenance, which I work.Believe me if management could contract pilots and F/ A s out to save money they would. Don't sit here and fight about politics, and each other.At SWA I have always tried to put out a good product, but we have people here that will play the system, and because we have certain work rules, work tons of overtime because it becomes like a drug to them, and you know a zombie mechanic is not safe.However certain people in our ranks can't give that up, because they have become used to the lifestyle it provides.

I have always tried to put out a good product, but we have people here that will play the system, and because we have certain work rules, work tons of overtime because it becomes like a drug to them, and you know a zombie mechanic is not safe.However certain people in our ranks can't give that up, because they have become used to the lifestyle it provides.
What lifestyle?

Working all the time?

I never could understand people that state they work 60-80 hours a week to maintain a "lifestyle".

If you can't maintain your lifestyle working 40 to 50 maybe you need to reconsider your career options.

You have to prove you are better, if you just demand more money ,and the product isn't any better you prove nothing.
You are wasting your breath. These people are convinced they deserve simply because they are in a UNION.

Just another example of entitlement.

They can come up with a list of what the company owes them as long as your arm but ask them what they did to earn their ask and watch them fall all over themselves trying to justify it.

You are wasting your breath. These people are convinced they deserve simply because they are in a UNION.

Just another example of entitlement.
That's the problem we have at SWA and they claim the company is evil, I work overtime I don't kill myself. We have guys here at the bigger bases and inspection will work 1000 hours or more of O/ T, and then they get used to the money someone with an MBA would make. Our last negotiations we started bending on scope for money, were making progress on scope, then AMFA went back the next day asking for even more money and the progress stopped, and we are at where we are at. But Swamt and the pom pom people won't tell you guys that, they just tell you half the story.

What I am saying is YOU people voted for Trump because he lied and told you he was going to bring JOBS back into this country. As for Obama or Clinton. I don't get your point. Trump is President. We are living in the NOW. If you can't come up with something good about YOUR president. Just keep Quiet.

You don't get it? Let me explain, Trump has been in office about 7 or 8 months now, and you're suggesting that somehow he should have convinced Doug Parker not to go ahead with the project to build the hangar in Brazil. You're living in the now, only because it fits your narrative now! Eight years ago though, when Obama was in the same circumstances as Trump is now - everything was Bush's fault. Shouldn't the same standards be applied before criticizing Trump?

What makes you say that Obama is my hero. Oh I guess because I am Black you would just pull that out of your AZZ. Its said that you can't come up with something that Trump has done to help keep OUR jobs in the US. Let alone bring some back. Trump is President. Live in the present. When you get laid off. Call YOUR president and ask him to find you a job.

Yeah, I can tell what color you are by your avatar. Lol, that's funny. I have seen what Trump's plans are to encourage companies to keep work in the USA. There is a better atmosphere for businesses to thrive. Unemployment is going down, the stock market is climbing. BTW, if they get to my number on seniority list for layoff, I will just turn the lights out on my way out the door.

You have to prove you are better, if you just demand more money ,and the product isn't any better you prove nothing. If you can save the company money because that aircraft can fly heavy check to heavy check, without major work because the people in Brazil, or the far east keep screwing up then you prove your worth.It's easy to contract maintenance out, always has been even line maintenance, which I work.Believe me if management could contract pilots and F/ A s out to save money they would. Don't sit here and fight about politics, and each other.At SWA I have always tried to put out a good product, but we have people here that will play the system, and because we have certain work rules, work tons of overtime because it becomes like a drug to them, and you know a zombie mechanic is not safe.However certain people in our ranks can't give that up, because they have become used to the lifestyle it provides.
Your talking about a company that is run by people who farm out work as SOP.
It's their way of running an airline.
They would rather spend millions giving work away instead of taking pride in their workers doing it better and more efficient.

This company has been outsourcing pilot and flight attendants for years. After the BK it accelerated the outsourcing. It's called ENVOY or American Eagle. It also affects ramp and aircraft maintenance.
Main line flying going to Regional carriers. They no longer feed hubs, they go point to point on flights reaching 2,000 miles and over 2 hours flight time. Many of these jobs go from one company to another but the workers are under the same union. So the dues keep flowing in. Whether it's flight or ground workers. A union job is a union job.

That's the problem we have at SWA and they claim the company is evil, I work overtime I don't kill myself. We have guys here at the bigger bases and inspection will work 1000 hours or more of O/ T, and then they get used to the money someone with an MBA would make. Our last negotiations we started bending on scope for money, were making progress on scope, then AMFA went back the next day asking for even more money and the progress stopped, and we are at where we are at. But Swamt and the pom pom people won't tell you guys that, they just tell you half the story.

Looks like you found a new friend.

Your talking about a company that is run by people who farm out work as SOP.
It's their way of running an airline.
They would rather spend millions giving work away instead of taking pride in their workers doing it better and more efficient.

This company has been outsourcing pilot and flight attendants for years. After the BK it accelerated the outsourcing. It's called ENVOY or American Eagle. It also affects ramp and aircraft maintenance.
Main line flying going to Regional carriers. They no longer feed hubs, they go point to point on flights reaching 2,000 miles and over 2 hours flight time. Many of these jobs go from one company to another but the workers are under the same union. So the dues keep flowing in. Whether it's flight or ground workers. A union job is a union job.
Sounds like the Legacies trying to be like SWA, but now our cost are more than the really low cost carriers.SWA will pay us they have always wanted a smaller maintenance department, that's how they operate. The only way the airlines survive and thrive is get bigger through mergers, and then say this is how it is get used to it. So the unions play ball because they have to survive they are a business.I still say they will eventually change the RLA where no one can strike, they don't lock you out, and the industrial unions collect their dues money , and you have binding arbitration. We just become part of a machine and it won't matter who you have in the white house, Democract, Republican, or an Independent, we will still come to work, changing our tires and our brakes.

The unions could not stop this from happening. This is only the beginning. The ramp could be next. Alaska Airlines farmed out their ramp services. Their will be jobs lost once the hangar is in full production. We need to have a no layoff clause in our next contract. If Doug wants to farm out our work he needs to keep us employed as mechanics not tell us he will find us another assignment!

You don't get it? Let me explain, Trump has been in office about 7 or 8 months now, and you're suggesting that somehow he should have convinced Doug Parker not to go ahead with the project to build the hangar in Brazil. You're living in the now, only because it fits your narrative now! Eight years ago though, when Obama was in the same circumstances as Trump is now - everything was Bush's fault. Shouldn't the same standards be applied before criticizing Trump?
I dont sit and cry about what the Company should give me. I am smart enough to live within my means. I also was smart enough to marry a women that was educated and makes enough money that if I lose my job I can still live the same life style. I have put 2 boys through college as engineers. One makes 160,000 and the youngest just started working after college and he make 70,000. So now you can tell me what you have done to make your own life better other than being pissed about American Airline not giving you enough to pay your bills. I got 32 years with AA and I am 53 years old and can retire if I want. But I will stick around and watch you cry babies beg for a bone instead of making better choices with how you live and spend your money.

Yeah, I can tell what color you are by your avatar. Lol, that's funny. I have seen what Trump's plans are to encourage companies to keep work in the USA. There is a better atmosphere for businesses to thrive. Unemployment is going down, the stock market is climbing. BTW, if they get to my number on seniority list for layoff, I will just turn the lights out on my way out the door.
If Trump is doing such a good job why did he have the FAA write a letter back to our union telling telling us that AA can do what ever they want because it is within the rules of the FAA. Dont sound like he is encouraging AA to keep the work in the USA. Unless you are stupid and see it some other way.Oh and I will be turning the lights out after you are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts