Bronner's Bet/article

Exerpt from article above:

*When David Bronner jumped into US Airways' cockpit as its lead investor and chairman, the Alabama state pension fund chief called his $240 million stake a "hell of an investment. ... It'll be the strongest airline in the world financially," he said in November 2002

Funny he said that 1 month before the threat of liquidation date of Dec. 20, 2002...LOL...sounds like an arrogant idiot. He must have had a crystal ball out to know that all of labor would concede to concession #2.

Yea, we all got his number now.....

*Gambling on US Airways attracted national attention to a man who already wields tremendous political power in Alabama and revels in his celebrity status.

Yea sure, I'll give up everything to save his stock investment. :down:

*The fund is so big that Bronner's risky investment in US Airways represents only 1 percent of the fund's total exposure.

Now Bronner is trying to use the US Airways connections to bring more business to Alabama, too

Hey, I don't feel like I'm being used...how about you? :angry:

How many flights to Alabama are really on USAirways or a wholly owned or on MESA. They probably are not getting much more business that way. The reliability is not that great!!!!!

They have a 'nice' maintenance facilty there!

The city(Birmingham) bus drivers make more than MDA captains!

flyin2low said:
They have a 'nice' maintenance facilty there!

The city(Birmingham) bus drivers make more than MDA captains!
With a little overtime, so does utility

Back