Buddy Passes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pilaa

Aug 13, 2009
Hello all. A friend of mine works for American Airlines and says he can get me a cheaper airfare to South America than by my going to a travel agency. He says he gets a certain number of buddy passes he can let family and friends use.

My first question is being a friend of the employee is allowed, one does not have to be a family member of the employee?

He says from RT Hawaii to South America the cost will be around $600. Is this about right?

Since that is about 20,000 miles, RT to/from Hawaii, why not go a bit more around the world? I have a 6 month job in South America and then I am free to travel again. I do not have to return to Hawaii. How much would that cost me if that can be done at all? Are buddy passes cost based on distance travelled or other criteria such as number of destinations?

Thank you.

Hello all. A friend of mine works for American Airlines and says he can get me a cheaper airfare to South America than by my going to a travel agency. He says he gets a certain number of buddy passes he can let family and friends use.

My first question is being a friend of the employee is allowed, one does not have to be a family member of the employee?

He says from RT Hawaii to South America the cost will be around $600. Is this about right?

Since that is about 20,000 miles, RT to/from Hawaii, why not go a bit more around the world? I have a 6 month job in South America and then I am free to travel again. I do not have to return to Hawaii. How much would that cost me if that can be done at all? Are buddy passes cost based on distance travelled or other criteria such as number of destinations?

Thank you.
ask your friend

Status
Not open for further replies.