Buddy Passes

The buddy passes were not too bad of a deal until they doubled the fees some years ago. Now with many LCC's, its better to get a real ticket since the loads on most flights are very high. I wonder what AA policy is on buddy passes?

I would add yet another very expensive gamble: If you get stuck at your destination, and can't get on a flight home, you will end up either sleeping on very uncomfortable boarding lounge seats or buying very expensive hotel rooms. Possibly for days.
A lot of truth in what you say... like the time a friend asked me for a pass from some relatively small European market (to remain unnamed), because these he was friends with a married couple who obtained a buddy pass from a DL employee who had been fired while these people were overseas. Unfortunately for them, DL refused to honor the return flight and now they were stuck in a pricey European hotel for over a week. I guess the buddy pass first class fare was a bargain (main cabin was sold out) compared to the price of staying in a hotel room indefinately. Of course, I had to hold their hands remotely the whole way while arguing with the ingrates about the indirect routing once in the US and learned they were both in their late 70s and one of them in a wheelchair... ON A STANDBY TICKET TO EUROPE?!

Reactions: 1 person
A lot of truth in what you say... like the time a friend asked me for a pass from some relatively small European market (to remain unnamed), because these he was friends with a married couple who obtained a buddy pass from a DL employee who had been fired while these people were overseas. Unfortunately for them, DL refused to honor the return flight and now they were stuck in a pricey European hotel for over a week. .................. Of course, I had to hold their hands remotely the whole way while arguing with the ingrates about the indirect routing once in the US and learned they were both in their late 70s and one of them in a wheelchair... ON A STANDBY TICKET TO EUROPE?!

They should have just sued, like the Warren Brothers! :)

Reactions: 2 people
I just ignore this 'benefit'.
It's akin to having the free use of the hangman's noose - anytime you'd like to use it.
Just say no.
cheers.

Reactions: 1 person