Business Conduct And Ethics Policy

Itrade:

I didn't ask for one of your one liner smirks and attitude which you’re famous for, adding zero to the forum’s purpose.

Well, then why did you pose the questions in an open forum. If you were trying to only illicit a response from Pineybob, then send him a PM.

Instead of being a DELETED like you've demonstrated yourself to be on basically every occasion that you happen to post on this board, consider hitting the "off" button, read a book, and learn about life. You certainly have not demonstated any viability other wise. </rant>

Cav,

One of the major difference between Bob's position and mine, is that he thinks it is this managment that is "saving" the airline. He still doesn't get it that if there were no concessions given by the very entity he despises, UNIONS, there would have been NO airline today for him to continue his "perks" for flying us.

You and I know very well, that the concession #3, is yet again, for us to save the airline and Bronner's investement.

Keep in mind that Bob is the "self-appointed" judge of all on these boards. LOL.....

PineyBob,

I do recommend using caution regarding your Cockroach program. It appears to me that this negative reflection towards U could come back to haunt you. On these boards you represent yourself to be an agent or employee of Xerox and that is why you are familiar with U. Since you are an extension of Xerox, you and Xerox could have civil liabities for damages to U relating to the Cockroach program. Your business relationship with U is through Xerox and the Xerox business. I am quit surprised the U attorneys have not sought to deliver to you a ‘cease and desist’ order letter. You may be leaving yourself open to civil penalties and damages and least not to forget possible termination from your current employer. While I would think that a normal conclusion would be Xerox getting no civil judgment against them, one would have to think they would at least be upset with your behavior and would terminate you immediately (I am sure they too have a company policy against their employees going on message boards representing Xerox as an employee). Just a note of caution my friend. Best wishes in this New Year.

--I agree with freedom of speech, but as we see that isn't always the case. It may be better for people to remain anonymous here. Agree?

MODERATORS:

ITrade is mouthing off AGAIN and calling posters ignorant "clowns"...CAN YOU PLEASE DELETE HIS POST? He has his "self righteous" hat on again.

PITbull said:
MODERATORS:

ITrade is mouthing off AGAIN and calling posters "clowns"...CAN YOU PLEASE DELETE IS POST?
Hmm, I believe you've called me a "liar", "management" and other things in the past. Maybe we should delete those posts, too.

USFlyer said:
PITbull said:
MODERATORS:

ITrade is mouthing off AGAIN and calling posters "clowns"...CAN YOU PLEASE DELETE IS POST?
Hmm, I believe you've called me a "liar", "management" and other things in the past. Maybe we should delete those posts, too.
US,

If you want to jump in here, Mr. PAX, (fingers crossed) go right ahead. I didn't know that calling you management is so insulting to you? Specifically when you sit on these boards and give them all of your praises, and NONE to the employees.

DELETED and I haven't lost respect for him. Did I call you a liar, or rather did I say you were not being "forthright" with your statements on these boards?

Hey, I give lots of credit to employees, DIRECTLY to them on the flights, over the phone or at the airport. Posting credit on here is pointless, as people like you shoot me down no matter what I say.

USFlyer said:
Hey, I give lots of credit to employees, DIRECTLY to them on the flights, over the phone or at the airport. Posting credit on here is pointless, as people like you shoot me down no matter what I say.
If you knew pit personally only then would you realize how far off the mark you're apparent opinion of her is. She is a lion with a lamb's heart. With what we as U employees have all been through, anyone with any passion at all is touchy. U employees are dramatized and shell shocked trying to figure out where the next bomb is falling. There are so many bombs falling that no matter what direction you run, you’re looking face to face into another Little Feller. Five tons of TNT no longer makes an U employee blink. What you read on these boards is pure passion because it's a safe place to vent, although this management team would like that to end. Then we all would implode and they would be rid of those pesky employees they must deal with.

I hear what you say Bob, but be careful. You have left yourself and our employment with your current employer very open. Not to mention civil action. Maybe I will have to send for a Cockroach pin soon.

US Airways issues guidelines to keep employees from talking; workers denounce rules as 'another form of intimidation'

US Airways wants its employees to shut their mouths about what's going on in the company - unless they hear or see other employees talking. Then they can rat on co-workers via the company hot line or Web site.

Within the last week, the airline has sent a 26-page booklet to all employees, titled "Business Conduct and Ethics Policy."

The booklet's first page reads: "As an employee of US Airways Inc., or of one of the wholly owned subsidiaries of US Airways Group, you have an obligation at all times to promote the company's interests."

Besides not talking to the media, which has been a long-standing company policy, the handbook also bans employees from identifying themselves as US Airways employees online.

"It's yet again another form of intimidation, kind of censoring the employees away from letting the public and media know what's going on internally," said Teddy Xidas, president of the US Airways' Association of Flight Attendants.

In a letter that accompanied the booklet, employees are told that "should you observe or become aware of any violation of this policy, the company has established a mailing address, a Web site address and a toll-free hot line where employees can voice their concern, complaint or question." The letter goes on to say that information provided by employees is confidential and can be anonymous.

"It's a police state," said Chris Fox, president of the local Communications Workers of America chapter that represents US Airways employees.

"The last time an executive was here, they were encouraging people to squeal on fellow employees," Fox said. "We told them straight out, 'We're not going to be doing that. That's not our job. ... According to our (union) bylaws and constitution, we don't do that.' We were adamant on that."

Even from their home computers, the booklet said, employees are "prohibited from identifying yourself as a company employee when posting comments on the Internet or on other online services. This rule applies even if a statement is included that clearly states the user is expressing his or her own ideas and not necessarily those of the company."

How this would affect the US Airways employees Web site and various newsletters operated by US Airways employees isn't clear.

Asked whether the policy was an attempt to shut down employee Web sites, US Airways spokesman David Castelveter said: "Not at all. But there has to be some very clear guidelines as to how US Airways can and cannot be represented publicly."

"If you imply (online) that you're a US Airways employee, you're breaking this policy," Xidas said. "What happens? Who knows? I guess it depends on the gravity of the violation, as the company sees it."

It could result in a warning and reprimand or a firing, she said.

Any corporation has the right to set policy for employees; the First Amendment kicks in primarily when the government tries to squelch free speech, Xidas said.

"It doesn't deter me as local union representative of the flight attendants of Pittsburgh to speak out on behalf of our membership," said Xidas, who received her booklet on Saturday.

The booklet's policy stating that employees must have the airline's written permission to hold a second job, including self-employment, is new, said Fox, who had not yet received her booklet.

"I wonder if this applies to executives themselves," said Fox, noting that some executives run consulting companies.

The booklet said that "outside employment that might embarrass or reflect discredit upon or conflict with the best interest of the company for employees, their spouses, domestic partners or members of immediate families is not allowed."

"Immediate family," Fox said, "that's a little bit much."

The booklet addresses conflicts of interests and bribes; protecting the company's nonpublic information, especially against competitors; owning stock, making political contributions and lobbying; and following safety and nondiscriminatory rules, as well as other procedures.

"We've always had a business ethics policy," Castelveter said. "It's only responsible for companies to remind employees of its business ethics."

Castelveter, who would not comment on what is old and what is new in the policy and whether the employee hot line is new, said, "These are internal measures. These are policies designed for US Airways to work with their employees. They're not for public debate. They're not unusual."

However, Xidas made note that the handbooks were mailed after the leader of the pilots union publicly demanded the ouster of US Airways' chief executive officer and chief financial officer.

"They want to control what we say to the public," Xidas said. "Nobody wants to go to a business where they know for sure there's labor unrest."

The policy will be effective, Xidas said.

"Fewer people will know exactly what is going on. And that's the way management wants it."

RULES TO FOLLOW

Some of the guidelines US Airways spells out:

Employees should not discuss company business with anyone.

If an employee overhears another employee talking about company business with someone, then it's OK to report it via a company hot line or Web site.

Employees cannot identify themselves as employees online even on their personal computers.

Employees must have written consent from management to hold a second job.

What a load of bull. How can you stop someone from having a second job? How is a mainline express or MidAtlantic employee to feed themselves? Is bartending considered a poor representation?

Having this group talk about "poor representation of the company" is hilarious. As of today, people are burning thier FF miles on US and/or vowing to not fly on US as they are afraid they'll get stuck due to a shutdown. This is due to our genuises who have announced we're selling assets. Um, hellooooooooo? Thats pretty poor.

P.S. I work at, uh, Burger King.

US Airways issues demanding guidelines ordering employees and employee spouses to do it our way or hit the highway. Here are just two that really caught my mind:

1. Employees cannot identify themselves as employees online even on their personal computers. They are unable to post “I am expressing my own ideas and not necessarily those of the companyâ€￾.

2. Employees must have written consent from management to hold a second job. Outside employment that might embarrass or reflect discredit upon or conflict with the best interest of the company for employees, THEIR SPOUSES, domestic partners or members of immediate families is not allowed.

WOW, Seigel you must really be concerned about being asked to resign. As an employee I challenge these rules. The Unions need to stop conceding to your demands and order you to either close down or hit the highway yourself Seigel.

CEOs continue to inflate their paychecks while laying off workers; unions are notably weaker. Part of the dilemma for unions is the lack of powerful political voices that share their viewpoints or concerns. The result, with a labor movement that has been in varying degrees of decline for decades, is that labor leaders have become so ineffective that neither their members nor political policymakers pay much attention to their views.

If government is to be in the business of helping people, the last people it should be helping are the ones laying off thousands and putting the proceeds in their own pockets. Such policies aren't simple selfishness; they're an attempt to improve our country by pulling the pendulum back from the class warfare and extreme corporatism now dominating every facet of our economic and political policy.

People need to understand that labor struggles benefit everyone that the inconvenience of strikes and public actions is tolerated or supported as part of the price of a better society. We need to make that case here -- and then hit the streets with the message united we stand, divided we fall.

BRAVEHEART

The Palace is just pissed because we dare suggest there is life not only after U, but while it is preparing to s**t the bed (LOL, Light Years!). Obviously, they think they should be the only ones with an exit strategy. And it's part and parcel of the 'we'll may you suffer' mentaltity that is rife throughout management.

I know scores of employees that are starting careers elsewhere, as they hang on at U.

BULLY FOR EVERY ONE OF THEM!

Years ago, one of my co-workers (I won't name the company...some of you might know it and I might get into trouble) did the following... At the time we all laughed, and thought he was going a little bit to far....I now think maybe he was "right on"!
Tim reached the place that he didn't want anyone to know that he worked for (said company) and cut the company patch/logo off his shirts and coats. He then applied velcro to the patches/logos. Every day before he came to work he would attach his company logo to his uniform using his new velcro patches! When he got ready to leave, he pulled the patches off! That way HE didn't get embarrased when he went into the grocery store on the way home by folk saying to him, "Yall are in a mess at (company), or I needed to fly to ____ and it would have cost me more to ride on you than it did on _____. Etc ."
VELCRO...may be the way to go! :up: lol