Apparantly this doesn't include the "874"

IORFA

Veteran
Feb 7, 2003
I couldn't let this piece of irony go. Unforunately the smiling picture of Gerard Ourpay didn't show up. I guess the trust of "each other" is out the window by 17APR07.

Monday, October 16, 2006
Addressing Business Ethics 2006

Dear Colleague:

We are headed into the homestretch of 2006, and it's fair to say this is shaping up to be another year of challenge and progress. As we celebrate our company's 80th year, it's hard not to marvel at how dramatically things have changed in our business. The fact that American Airlines has endured while so many other airlines have not speaks to our ability to adapt, but also to our steadfast adherence to an ethical code of conduct.

Our business is wholly dependent on trust -- the trust of our customers, our shareholders, our suppliers, our communities, and each other. There are abundant cautionary examples of the bad things that can happen to a company when it violates the trust placed in it by any one of those stakeholders. So as I do each year, I want to remind you that there is a lot riding on your continued ethical behavior.

I realize, of course, that we are all adults, and our personal ethical compasses have been set for many years. No corporate initiative can produce an ethical person. But what we can and will continue to do is establish clear expectations for all of us, and strengthen our resolve to do the right thing. We will also continue to make it clear that unethical behavior will not be tolerated.

Every member of our team must understand and abide by AMR's Standards of Business Conduct. The Standards can be found in the Policies & Procedures section of Jetnet. It's a great resource if you ever have a question about the propriety of any action or conduct that you or a fellow employee may be contemplating.

To further communicate the importance of our Business Ethics & Compliance Program, your managers will shortly be distributing a tip/wallet card to all employees. The tip card reiterates the company's commitment to "Do The Right Thing" and contains common examples of wrongful conduct. The perforated wallet card includes various reporting options should you become aware of an issue that is troubling to you.

Each one of us has an obligation to our company, our coworkers and especially to ourselves, to not only do the right thing, but also speak up when we see behavior that does not live up to the high ethical standards we have set.

Thank you for your hard work and for continuing to live up to the ideals that have defined our company for eighty years.

Sincerely yours,

Gerard J. Arpey Other Articles

Do the Right Thing (9/28/2002)

Standards of Business Conduct (2/27/2004)

Recordkeeping and Reporting Procedures (11/7/2006)

So am I to understand that rapeing your employees and grossly rewarding youself is ethical?? My only satisfaction is knowing that they will be judged for doing so once they leave this world!!!

So am I to understand that rapeing your employees and grossly rewarding youself is ethical??

Of course. Just read the PRO-MANAGEMENT supporters' comments on this bulletin board. They believe that these executives are worth everything they get and then some, while the rest of us wait for our 1.5% increase.