Bye-bye Boise

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/27/2002 8:20:32 AM DLFlyer31 wrote:

Could this have any thing to do with the accelerated F100 retirement?

The CRJ700's are going to be needed to replace routes where the F100 is going away. I figure that AA can make more money replacing an F100 with a CRJ700 on an existing route, rather than launching brand new service to markets unfamiliar with the AA product.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Since the F100 retirement is now scheduled to begin in January, I think that's correct. You can make a couple of hops to OKC or LIT in the time it takes to go BOI.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 12/27/2002 8:20:32 AM DLFlyer31 wrote:

Could this have any thing to do with the accelerated F100 retirement?

The CRJ700's are going to be needed to replace routes where the F100 is going away. I figure that AA can make more money replacing an F100 with a CRJ700 on an existing route, rather than launching brand new service to markets unfamiliar with the AA product.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Since the F100 retirement is now scheduled to begin in January, I think that's correct. You can make a couple of hops to OKC or LIT in the time it takes to go BOI.

They are really only going to benefit OKC if they put them in Chicago. The 3 F-100s they had on OKC-ORD are now 4 or 5 ERJs. To DFW the 3 mainline flights have been upgraded to S80s...with about 292 Eagle flights on the 145s and CR7s. :)

They are really only going to benefit OKC if they put them in Chicago. The 3 F-100s they had on OKC-ORD are now 4 or 5 ERJs. To DFW the 3 mainline flights have been upgraded to S80s...with about 292 Eagle flights on the 145s and CR7s. :)

A lot of this is political pressuring. AA pulls service out of a city, especially with an RJ and then they go to the senators and Reps of the state and say see why scope clauses and labor contracts dont work? Notice the cities started and cities where service was removed. All it takes is to get the public involved and pressure is increased 100 fold.

A wolf in sheeps clothing!

A lot of this is political pressuring. AA pulls service out of a city, especially with an RJ and then they go to the senators and Reps of the state and say see why scope clauses and labor contracts dont work? Notice the cities started and cities where service was removed. All it takes is to get the public involved and pressure is increased 100 fold.

A wolf in sheeps clothing!

AA has all but once again abandon the west...first the coast...now easterly..w/o a north south point to point or west coast hub..AA will give up the entire market to HP DL AS UA ect....I dont get it..but it seems that BOI is not the last station to say adios to AA......

AA has all but once again abandon the west...first the coast...now easterly..w/o a north south point to point or west coast hub..AA will give up the entire market to HP DL AS UA ect....I dont get it..but it seems that BOI is not the last station to say adios to AA......