CAK-LGA

Only took 5 years after they first wanted to do this to actually get it off the ground. Only difference this time...it is post merger, won't be flown by 737-200s and TOL won't be part of the routing. :)

[blockquote]
----------------
On 11/6/2002 10:47:11 PM dfw79 wrote:

Only took 5 years after they first wanted to do this to actually get it off the ground. Only difference this time...it is post merger, won't be flown by 737-200s and TOL won't be part of the routing. :)
----------------
[/blockquote]

Sounds like you are referring to the pre-merger AirTran... I didn't think NYC was part of their business plan... All MCO flying.

Regarless, I had been expecting this route from the current AirTran for a while. I wonder where the LGA slots came from? Did they come from the DOT pulling of slots from Midway? (The DOT ruled that Midway could not use its AIR-21 slots as US Airways Express, as US Airways and partners hold too many slots to qualify under AIR-21.)

That's correct, the pre-merger AirTran. They had applied for slots to fly LGA-CAK/TOL, LGA-TYS, LGA-BMI/MLI. TYS was the only city approved and those flights were later transfered to ATL after the merger.