Callsign change date near

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know where you come up with this stuff. As bad as things are, I'll take Dougie any day over all existing CEOs, and any past US CEOs. Schofield was popular I understand ( or was it Colodny?), but I don't think he was prepared to handle the lost cost carrier invasion.

You guys act like US Airways was some big international carrier, when if fact you were always a small NE regional carrier. Compared with the big boys, you were guppies among fish. Now, the east will slowly become mostly a commuter operation using E190s.

You are a first class idiot. Assuming you are a pilot, one can only speculate that you are working for AWA because you were not hired by airlines like CAL, DAL, AMR, or US.

US, just so you know, has been the second largest carrier to Europe in terms of destinations served for YEARS now -- just behind CAL. US serves more of Europe that UAL, NWA, DAL. Where the he!! has AWA ever been? When you tried to play with the big boys with your 747 and sh!tty Japan service, you almost died. Wish you had of bitten it then, truth be told.

And as for your ignoant E-190 comment -- look at the balance sheet bud and see where the money is. Your half-a$$ operation out there is already predominantly RJs.

To think this thread has lasted this long. It's funny considering so many had such comments to make about a trashbag discussion or pie. If they are merging they should use a new callsign so as to not tick off EITHER side. Seems like a perfect balance to me. I have heard some great call signs that could be used. Again, nine pages of this stuff? :lol:

To think this thread has lasted this long. It's funny considering so many had such comments to make about a trashbag discussion or pie. If they are merging they should use a new callsign so as to not tick off EITHER side. Seems like a perfect balance to me. I have heard some great call signs that could be used. Again, nine pages of this stuff? :lol:

Yeah. Let's redirect the thread with suggestions for a new callsign that will not favor either side.

I've heard the FAA wants new call signs to have no more than two syllables. How about:

Slumming

or

Ghetto

Pi brat, nycbusdriver and awa320
It is nice to see that the "discussions" can become civil. We all know that we have some major differences and name calling etc does no one any good. I like that statement; we are where we are. It couldn't be more true. So the million dollar question is this. How do we move forward respecting our positions. Seprerate but equal value contracts seems like a long shot as it not only frustrates DoUgIe but lends itself to major trouble down the road. Think B scale (yes I know you feel like you re working under one now). I do not have any real answers here but I am willing to bet someone does. Anyone?

This whole discussion about the change in call sign demonstrates once again the single-minded, selfish mindset of the East and their lack of integrity or willingness to compromise.

Everything they touch is laced with "MY WAY OR THE HIGHWAY!" They can't even concede something as insignificant as a radio call sign used on ATC frequencies. Let's see... who will even hear the change? Pilots, ATC controllers, and UA passengers listening to CH9. What a travesty!

The new combined airline keeps the USAirways name and the Cactus callsign. Sounds pretty reasonable on the part of the West. You East guys and gals are doomed by your poisonous, self righteous attitude.

Pi brat, nycbusdriver and awa320
It is nice to see that the "discussions" can become civil. We all know that we have some major differences and name calling etc does no one any good. I like that statement; we are where we are. It couldn't be more true. So the million dollar question is this. How do we move forward respecting our positions. Seprerate but equal value contracts seems like a long shot as it not only frustrates DoUgIe but lends itself to major trouble down the road. Think B scale (yes I know you feel like you re working under one now). I do not have any real answers here but I am willing to bet someone does. Anyone?

I think separate-but-equal will work for the short term, and even for the long-term IF there are no more mergers affecting the AAA and AWA pilots. The AAA flight attendants had tremendous success riding the coattails of the pilot contract with their "me, too" clause. It kept their working conditions similar to the cockpit crews for decades. (Of course, when the weak sisters took hold of the AAA MEC, the "me, too" clause served to drag the flight attendant down in many respects as the pilots began to "never meet a concession they didn't like.") If we do end up with separate-but-equal contracts between the two pilot groups, I'm certain there will be a "me, too" clause in both contracts to keep them equal. A better idea would be a "me, too" clause that demands membership ratification for any change. This way, is the AAA MEC decides to give away the farm again, the AWA pilots wouldn't be obligated to follow along.

The problem with separate-but-equal is that it does not address the existence of the Nicolau award. The east pilots have made it abundantly clear that it must be made moot in order to move forward, and they are prepared to go to great lengths to ensure that outcome. Whether or not the AAA pilots are successful remains to be seen and it will likely take years for the dust to settle. There is no question that the AAA pilots are fully aware that the quest is gargantuan, and may not be successful in the end. But there is no question that it is a task we feel is absolutely necessary and worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts