Is It Time To Stand-up And Tell Amfa And Twu!

Why would the twu look into forming a seperate union for AMTs at this time?
Answer: Fear.
Why does the twu not give out factual information concerning our craft?
Answer: Ineptness & fear.
Why does the twu encourage the ability of boot licking, like that exhibited by Mr. Wells and Senior McDonald?
Answer: Easier to manipulate puppets than real men like Bob Owens and Chuck Schalk.

Why was AMFA created?
Answer: Because of the twu's unending ability to display fear, ineptness and lack of leadership.
Why does AMFA believe in OPEN contract negotiations and NOT in secret LOAs?
Answer: Because that would go against their belief in a democratic union.
Why does AMFA have all union positions elected by the full membership?
Answer: Because AMFA believes in accountability.

Feel free to study the above questions and answers. Then look at each union. The twu, the twu's suggestion of a "new" union and AMFA.

There have been several comments in the last few days about Art Luby starting his own union; can anyone explain where the information is coming from? I was under the impression Art was one of the TWU Attorney’s. Has something changed? Or is this about the 6 Local presidents wanting change? To my knowledge the TWU is not involved in this Independent Association? Please explain if anyone knows something different?

Please explain what is meant by the TWU clowns? The Flight Attendants at NW did not have the millions to start their own Association? I believe we can achieve the necessary changes without requiring the millions you claim is needed. One thing I am sure of! The members will have millions of extra funds without the National Unions interfering.

Amfa is not a new Union; they have been around for over 40 years and have gone nowhere at American. The Brothers and Sisters made a choice 40 years ago and continue to make a choice. They are smart enough to know AMFA is about money and their constitution reflexes this. If you add the numbers of what we would be paying, just think of the potential we will have if the money stays within the organization. Example: if we set the pay for the President at 45 to 48% above the highest average wage. How much will this save the association per year?

The AMFA Organizers should be happy? Their philosophy has always been freedom of choice. If any of them complain about a 3rd choice in representation than they’re hypocrites. The TWU should welcome a 3rd choice knowing it might give them the advantage if an election is called.

I believe the Interest is there to have an election, from the response and emails that have been received so far.

We are collecting information and members who would be interested in pursuing a 3rd choice and look at an organization based on the membership and not outside influences. Please feel free to contact us through the private email on this site. We are looking for members who want to participate.

Thanks for the emails and we will be replying to them soon.

Wondering said:
There have been several comments in the last few days about Art Luby starting his own union; can anyone explain where the information is coming from? I was under the impression Art was one of the TWU Attorney’s. Has something changed? Or is this about the 6 Local presidents wanting change? To my knowledge the TWU is not involved in this Independent Association? Please explain if anyone knows something different?

Please explain what is meant by the TWU clowns? The Flight Attendants at NW did not have the millions to start their own Association? I believe we can achieve the necessary changes without requiring the millions you claim is needed. One thing I am sure of! The members will have millions of extra funds without the National Unions interfering.

Amfa is not a new Union; they have been around for over 40 years and have gone nowhere at American. The Brothers and Sisters made a choice 40 years ago and continue to make a choice. They are smart enough to know AMFA is about money and their constitution reflexes this. If you add the numbers of what we would be paying, just think of the potential we will have if the money stays within the organization. Example: if we set the pay for the President at 45 to 48% above the highest average wage. How much will this save the association per year?

The AMFA Organizers should be happy? Their philosophy has always been freedom of choice. If any of them complain about a 3rd choice in representation than they’re hypocrites. The TWU should welcome a 3rd choice knowing it might give them the advantage if an election is called.

I believe the Interest is there to have an election, from the response and emails that have been received so far.

We are collecting information and members who would be interested in pursuing a 3rd choice and look at an organization based on the membership and not outside influences. Please feel free to contact us through the private email on this site. We are looking for members who want to participate.

Thanks for the emails and we will be replying to them soon.
Art Luby was involved in some lawsuit against AMFA but not from the TWU.

More than likely he wrote our totally ineffectual language about FAR 66.

His bumbling of one of our arbitration cases cost one of our members several months of back pay. We knew the case was a winner but he volunteered to do it, by not stresssing how the mechanic performed his job, step by step, it gave Marvin-Split the baby- Hill the opening to to do what he does best.

Art Luby more than likely is the brains behind the destruction of the value of our liscences.

I believe that the NWA flight attendants approached the APFA but they, the APFA were not interested in representing other airlines.

Third party candidates normally work to the benefit of the incumbant. So yes if there is an election the TWU would probably welcome a third choice. But I think that the TWU would rather that there is no election at all.

Hey I am ok with a third choice I do believe in democracy, even when I lose so if there is enough interest in a third choice then bring it on.

Three Card Monte
Whenever a police car passes by, you can observe how quickly these games disperse. Sidewalk card games are both illegal and fraudulent for some very good reasons.
Scenario

Two or more people are standing around a cardboard box on a busy street trying to win money by choosing the correct card out of the three cards shuffled.

You notice that someone seems to be winning; this person is usually working with the dealer to lure people in. People who work these scams know that it will be less suspicious to plant a women or someone in a business suit in the game.

The shuffler will purposely lose the first few rounds to get you to bet more money.

At this point, if you take your wallet out, someone may grab it and run -OR- it will be pick pocketed as you watch the game.

If by some fluke you win, you may be followed and mugged.
How to avoid this
The hand is quicker than the eye and these are pros. Don't play - YOU CANNOT WIN!

CIO,..err... Mike 1234...I mean Wondering, you're a funny guy! It's you that's the TWU clown.
Take your so called independant union TWU three card monte somewhere else, you goof ball! :down: :down:

This is just another TWU game, trying to divide and conquer. The game never changes only some of the players. TWU wonderheads at thier best!!!

This is really getting to be surreal.

First, the TWU raids a Union on AA property claiming that it will liberate the AA Employees.

Second, the TWU consolidates their power and dues base at AA by gaining representation over the rest of the contract groups.

Third, 1983, the TWU agrees to massive changes in the work assignments and pay for workers within the contract groups based on the "B" scale while simultaneously declaring that a loaf of bread costs everyone the same. The rest of the AFL-CIO M&R Unions retain that work.

Fourth, 2000, the TWU agrees to "separate locals" while fighting the petitions of the various Maintenance & Related groups dominated by Fleet Service Locals to actually separate to Maintenance Only Locals. The rest of the AFL-CIO M&R Unions still retain the jobs we lost in 1983 but begin to give up Overhaul.

Fifth, 2003, the TWU--during the Concessions Negotiations-- prevents Maitnenance & Related Contract Groups, SimTechs & Tech Svcs., from negotiating with Title I, Title II and the Fuelers or having their votes totalled with those groups. The rest of the AFL-CIO M&R Unions still retain the Line work but accerlate the outsourcing of overhaul jobs.

Sixth, the TWU--led by the Filthy Five, starring No Show-- beg for a "Separate Maintenance Division" within the TWU.

Six steps covering better than 40 years...each one leading us further and further down.

If this were a twelve step program, we would be half way through.

Does anyone really want to finsh this ride?

Dear Wondering,

Art Luby started, with the help of a mechanic soon to turn management worker at Atlantic Coast Airlines (ACA), the AMTU,or, Aircraft Maintenance Technicians Union. This union was used by the big industrial unions, such as; teamsters, iam, and twu to attempt to unseat AMFA and debase their ongoing contract talks at ACA in the first quarter of 1998. CIO the NMB and find the cite yourself, wondering.

Fortunately, for all AMTs, and especially those at ACA, the twu sponsored ART LUBY union called AMTU was unsuccessful. However, it must be recognized, and I know ART LUBY is intelligent enough, or his handlers are, to know that this illicit drive during negotiations would do harm to AMTs. ART LUBY has no problem harming workers to benefit himself and those monied masters he serves.

ART LUBY IS, in my opinion, one of the LOWEST OF LIFE FORMS known to man. He has personally established a new low for even the CRAFT AND CLASS of Attorney. ART LUBY deserves the disdain of every MECHANIC & RELATED worker in the United States of America. Let me know if you are still, "WONDERING"!!

Ken MacTiernan said:
Why would the twu look into forming a seperate union for AMTs at this time?
Answer: Fear.
Why does the twu not give out factual information concerning our craft?
Answer: Ineptness & fear.
Why does the twu encourage the ability of boot licking, like that exhibited by Mr. Wells and Senior McDonald?
Answer: Easier to manipulate puppets than real men like Bob Owens and Chuck Schalk.

Why was AMFA created?
Answer: Because of the twu's unending ability to display fear, ineptness and lack of leadership.
Why does AMFA believe in OPEN contract negotiations and NOT in secret LOAs?
Answer: Because that would go against their belief in a democratic union.
Why does AMFA have all union positions elected by the full membership?
Answer: Because AMFA believes in accountability.

Feel free to study the above questions and answers. Then look at each union. The twu, the twu's suggestion of a "new" union and AMFA.
Ken you amaze me, everything is in reaction to FEAR of AMFA. I wish my ego were half as large.

You AMFA guys have been screaming two things over the years: unions are nothing but negotiating agents, and mechanics should be in a separate union.

Now when a union takes you up on both issues you complain that they are doing it out of fear. What suprises me is the IBT let the mechs at SWA go without a wimper, that is not the IBT that I recall from reading the news over the years. It does tell me that the mechs were never that important to the IBT, in other words in a strike they are the weakest link, they can be replaced, or two the present political picture is so lopsided against labor that it is better not to engage in dirty tricks.

Here is your chance to get in on the ground floor of a new unon. To bad that it would still support the general good of the not so wealthy, so maybe it is not for you.

j7915, why would I want to "get in on the ground floor" of a new union with links to the twu? The very same twu that has ruined my profession. The twu international is filled with cowards and cheats. little and sonny use their names but are still cowards. If you think any union the twu "creates" will be democratic and open you are beyond hope. Why must the twu do this? Why don't they just "change from within"? I don't have an ego. I have pride. Big difference. The twu is afraid of this AMFA drive. Fact! And to read posts such as yours and cio's defending the actions of the twu have gone past the point of annoyance. However, coming from a no name alias boot licker you really don't carry much credibility. Come on out of the shadows and make a statement in the light.

j7915 said:
What suprises me is the IBT let the mechs at SWA go without a wimper, that is not the IBT that I recall from reading the news over the years. It does tell me that the mechs were never that important to the IBT, in other words in a strike they are the weakest link, they can be replaced, or two the present political picture is so lopsided against labor that it is better not to engage in dirty tricks.
Or three, the IBT realized that they should not try to represent Airline workers who want to leave. After the Overnight Trucking debacle perhaps they realized that they better concentrate on their core "business" - trucking.

All the precences were set at NWA, there really werent any more delaying tactics left and after that Flight Attendants at NWA left, and they saw that AMFA was the way mechanics were going, they probably figured why bother?

The TWU is a different story, the ATD is where Sonny Hall gets his support.