Callsign change date near

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't LAX and Skywest attributed to poor airport lighting systems and ATC clearing us to land on the runway with Skywest under us. By the time we cleared the clouds at night is was too late. Yes, East owns their mistakes as well your right. LGA was an example. USSNARK correct me if I am wrong.

Do you know how many people are hired within the same year? Just this past Sunday, the whole crew tried to non-rev home early from a trip. There were four CLT- DCA flights leaving at the exact time due to the airport closing for hours. The flights were full. Three of us were hired the same year. It wasn't the easiest thing to compromise since we all needed to get home. It would have been a non-issue if it was DOH, but I guess you don't understand that since you haven't had it.
We will have DOH. The only reason we don't now is because this piece of sh!t computer system can't handle it. It's in our contracts, and there has been a grevience filed. However, if you can't find a simple international connection with this pig, how is this "idiot department" going to program DOH?

The US east owns those accidents. No question.

sky high states: Air Traffic Control ERROR was to blame in LAX. 427 in Pittsburgh was attributed to uncommanded roll---a LOSS OF CONTROL of the aircraft. In CLT, the local weather station had Doppler radar information regarding WINDSHEAR, did the Control Tower in CLT that night? Two LGA's....one Pilot ERROR, the other during a SNOW STORM.

only stating opinions

Thanks, I thought there was another CEO, but I totally forgot about Goodmanson. Wasn't he the guy from Frito Lay or some food and beverage company? Man that was a brief job.

Richard Goodmanson and Maury Meyers were the guys between Conway and Franke's reigns.

Goodmanson was pretty much a ghost, no one ever saw him.

Meyers was a nice guy, but in the wrong industry, he left and went to Yellow trucks, then on to Waste Management.

But Franke...oy vey, pure freaking evil. Heart of stone and dead spiders.

That was a result of the Bill Franke regime, we call it the dark years.

A well-publicized FAA fine was imposed on the airline in June. The record $5 million fine was imposed over maintenance issues, primarily oversight and changes in recommended procedures. America West admitted no wrongdoing, and half the fine was forgiven after a restructuring of the maintenance oversight procedures. Eventually, this would lead to yet another change in heavy maintenance contractors.

The relationship with the FAA was poor, leading to further restrictions on growth until the FAA was assured maintenance could handle the extra aircraft. The airline was not in good shape.

I can't wait for the callsign change date! I am so tired of hearing "USAirs" why the S on the end anyway?? I can't just dog them because many flight officers from many other carriers seem to do this. Adding that S on the end of the callsign seems lame. Not to worry though because CACTUS doesn't need another S. I guess they could say CACTI :unsure:

Just ignore these kinds of things. Some people live to stir up the emotions and bad feelings between the 2 work groups. They feed off the negativity. I wont mention any names here, but regulars to the board all know who they are. They dont need Parker to whipsaw anyone , they're doing it all on their own.

Just ignore these kinds of things. Some people live to stir up the emotions and bad feelings between the 2 work groups. They feed off the negativity. I wont mention any names here, but regulars to the board all know who they are. They dont need Parker to whipsaw anyone , they're doing it all on their own.
Amen, Just desserts would be having these folks work together in close quarters. The bravado would disappear quickly.

Wasn't LAX and Skywest attributed to poor airport lighting systems and ATC clearing us to land on the runway with Skywest under us. By the time we cleared the clouds at night is was too late. Yes, East owns their mistakes as well your right. LGA was an example. USSNARK correct me if I am wrong.

You are correct.

It was dusk. ATC cleared the commuter into position 24L, forgot about them and cleared US to land on that runway. Either the top beacon on the commuter was inop or obscured by the tail. No other a/c lights were on.

The runway centerline lights were turned all the way up, effectively blinding the oncoming aircraft to any small object on centerline.

Had it been lighter or darker, the 737 might have had a better chance of seeing them. Had someone been waiting to takeoff, they might have sent short final around.

I cannot remember if there were clouds that evening, though that is a usual occurrence that time of day.

sky high states: Air Traffic Control ERROR was to blame in LAX. 427 in Pittsburgh was attributed to uncommanded roll---a LOSS OF CONTROL of the aircraft. In CLT, the local weather station had Doppler radar information regarding WINDSHEAR, did the Control Tower in CLT that night? Two LGA's....one Pilot ERROR, the other during a SNOW STORM.
only stating opinions

I cannot go into each and every accident. Read the reports yourself.

Please do not confuse blame with owning an accident. US accepts each accident and strives to do better. That is owning the accident. Blame, especially for financial purposes, is quite different.

An underlying feature of four were inexperience, to some degree.

As a point of interest, in LGA, an L-1011, heading 90 degrees to the runway at about the midpoint, on the ramp, was trying to unstick themselves from a snowdrift using thrust at the same time the F-28 was trying to takeoff. That is in the airport analysis but was not included in the final report.

Goodmanson was from Australia, he was a Frito Lay guy, they hired a few others as well.. They had a HR VP that came from there that was strictly hired as an assassin, he decimated training and HR with massive layoffs, then he got the hell out of there.

Goodmanson is a EVP at DuPont now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back