Carnot To Close?

USA320Pilot said:
In my opinion, the Pittsburgh B757 & B737 simulator will be moved to Charlotte, the Pittsburgh simulator center lease will be rejected, the Carnot and Beaver Grade Road Flight Crew Training facilities will be rejected and the operations consolidated in Charlotte, the Greentree Reservation Facility will have its lease rejected and its operations moved to Winston-Salem to create a "super reservations facility, the RIDC Park West offices will move to Charlotte, and the Pittsburgh on-site airport facilities will also see their leases rejected and operations moved elsewhere.

I believe the time may have come and gone where the ACAA could have had Pittsburgh be like Cincinnati and this option is much less likely. With recent reports that United will miss its February and March DIP requirements, it would not surprise me to see about two-thirds of the present Pittsburgh flight hours move to Dulles, Philadelphia, Chicago, or Denver.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Oh no, not again. USA320Pilot I think you should be banned from typing the word "United" on this board. I think the board moderators should program it so every time you sign in if you dare type "United" it will look like &^%$#@. Call it aversion therapy.

USA320Pilot said:
I believe the time may have come and gone where the ACAA could have had Pittsburgh be like Cincinnati and this option is much less likely. With recent reports that United will miss its February and March DIP requirements, it would not surprise me to see about two-thirds of the present Pittsburgh flight hours move to Dulles, Philadelphia, Chicago, or Denver.
Do these come from the same sources (up to, and including Duane Woerth) that said UA would miss their 4th quarter numbers?

The only flight hours moving anywhere will be the MAA 170s moving to Dulles. Those flown by by mainline (and their pilots) are going to find themselves on the outs.

Good luck.