E-190 Preparations...

Boing Boy says that the AB300 is outside group 1 A/C. I would add that the 757 Atlantic is also out side the rates because of the override. And by the East MEC, West pilots got Super seniority for seats that was never on their radar. That puts them at a pay rate that's not even in their contract. These 14 brothers got a winfall and we are not out blocks yet.

14 months ago, what was on your radar?

Answer...nothing. So be careful about how you characterize "windfall."

14 months ago, 2weeks at the Holiday Inn in Aruba, sailing off the huts.Great winds,but what's your point?

Boing Boy says that the AB300 is outside group 1 A/C. I would add that the 757 Atlantic is also out side the rates because of the override. And by the East MEC, West pilots got Super seniority for seats that was never on their radar. That puts them at a pay rate that's not even in their contract. These 14 brothers got a winfall and we are not out blocks yet.
and I guess the thousand of so east pilots on 320 319 and 737 pay rates that east has was not on the radar neither to come up to our pay you people at east need to get over your self and be happy we are all still flying and not the greeter at walmart the 75 is only one a/c type that is more pay than us but guess what we are in joint talks with the company do you really think that the pay rates are going to be what you get now welcome to LCC get use to being underpaid also if if wasnt for this merger(LOL)WINK WINK. all of you would still be stuck with the same shitty contract for years while the west can be in contract talks when we first paid off the ATSB loans which was before we merged(LOL)WINK WINK with the titanic.

Water WAY under the bridge now. These things can, and will, be corrected in the future...

How? With the present union officers?

If you think so, perhaps you should remove your head (gently) from your nether extremities and take a look around.

Believe me, were you to do the above, you would be the first of the "give away gang" to do so, and therefore, would be alone, except for the rest of us who think reality is the only way to go.

Welcome.

MDA had a great training staff and at least one of those key players will be directly involved with the 190 program. Much of the training materials is written and FAA approved already and will be used. Their manual was so good that the format was adopted by other fleet types. The simulator is already approved as well. All they need to do is hire a few check airman and they are off to the races in minimum time.

A320 Driver B)

So, we take the exemplery efforts of the MDA pilots, sans pilots, and trumpet this like it is our own.

Piss off.

Of course, you logic results in a certain LGA-based A320 captain being ahead of all the HP pilots when the lists are integrated.

Bingo!

I wonder who that is........

and I guess the thousand of so east pilots on 320 319 and 737 pay rates that east has was not on the radar neither to come up to our pay you people at east need to get over your self and be happy we are all still flying and not the greeter at walmart the 75 is only one a/c type that is more pay than us but guess what we are in joint talks with the company do you really think that the pay rates are going to be what you get now welcome to LCC get use to being underpaid also if if wasnt for this merger(LOL)WINK WINK. all of you would still be stuck with the same shitty contract for years while the west can be in contract talks when we first paid off the ATSB loans which was before we merged(LOL)WINK WINK with the titanic.

The real question that needs to be answered is:

would a 22 year east F/O yank gear for a 4 year west Capt.?

I know, were I such an F/O, that the Capt would be quite exposed, I would not support him/her in any way shape or form. Any mistake could become very public.

This company could fix this problem, but, I suspect that stepping over a dollar to pick up a penny is their company mantra, also.

Shark,
Don't know how a 4 year west c/o would handle you, but as a 28 year east pilot,this is what I would do.

1. You would be off the trip before the trip started.
2. I would be in your way big time through the C/P office and the training dept.
3. See #2.

Bingo!

I know, were I such an F/O, that the Capt would be quite exposed, I would not support him/her in any way shape or form. Any mistake could become very public.

This company could fix this problem, but, I suspect that stepping over a dollar to pick up a penny is their company mantra, also.
why should a 4 year captain have to worry about losing his seat when the company he worked for brokered a merger with a failing company why should any AWA pilot suffer from this merger you got guys that was hiried in the late eighties to early nineties that were furloughed back then and only really been physcially flying for usair for about three years because they were recalled back in the late nineties why should they get there DOH for anything when most of there careers and usair was on furlough. and if we do have to fly withh 22 year F/O's that have a problem with yanking gears for west pilots then that is why we have a no fly list and I would guess you would be on it not because you cant fly but you cant accept the truth that the reason why you have 22 year f/o's is because you went to work for a shitty airline back in the 80's we are a new and better company

320driver,
After hashing this 757 thing in my mind for the last week,I do see something positive. US Group brought in 3 757's, and chose to fly them on the North Atlantic. East pilots had no say in that. It just fell in our laps. West pilots, for a number of reasons, can't fly those a/c North Atlantic this year.
The positive that I see is that the 2MEC's worked out an aggrement. Probably not the deal that west pilots wanted, not enough seats. Here on the east, thats 14 guys we couldn't get back off the street.
Me, I hope our 2 MEC's can work the list out amoung themselves. Because I don't think either side is going to like what Mr. Nic is bringing to the table.

ps. dang, should have grabed some of that silver and china before I set off on my makeshift float.

320driver,
After hashing this 757 thing in my mind for the last week,I do see something positive. US Group brought in 3 757's, and chose to fly them on the North Atlantic. East pilots had no say in that. It just fell in our laps. West pilots, for a number of reasons, can't fly those a/c North Atlantic this year.
The positive that I see is that the 2MEC's worked out an aggrement. Probably not the deal that west pilots wanted, not enough seats. Here on the east, thats 14 guys we couldn't get back off the street.
Me, I hope our 2 MEC's can work the list out amoung themselves. Because I don't think either side is going to like what Mr. Nic is bringing to the table.

ps. dang, should have grabed some of that silver and china before I set off on my makeshift float.

I agree with you about MR Nic nobody will be happy with his outcome.

Shark,
Don't know how a 4 year west c/o would handle you, but as a 28 year east pilot,this is what I would do.

1. You would be off the trip before the trip started.
2. I would be in your way big time through the C/P office and the training dept.
3. See #2.

Amen brother.

why should a 4 year captain have to worry about losing his seat when the company he worked for brokered a merger with a failing company why should any AWA pilot suffer from this merger you got guys that was hiried in the late eighties to early nineties that were furloughed back then and only really been physcially flying for usair for about three years because they were recalled back in the late nineties why should they get there DOH for anything when most of there careers and usair was on furlough. and if we do have to fly withh 22 year F/O's that have a problem with yanking gears for west pilots then that is why we have a no fly list and I would guess you would be on it not because you cant fly but you cant accept the truth that the reason why you have 22 year f/o's is because you went to work for a shitty airline back in the 80's we are a new and better company

Back in the 80's America West was a "shitty airline". Bankruptcy, B747's to HNL, etc.

It wasn't until Dave Siegel got to USAirways that it became as you say, a "shitty" place to work. The USAirways pilots CBA was one of the best in the industry, especially in terms of working conditions. Even the reserves had some kind of a "life" under the pre LOA93 agreements.

And please, if anyone brokered this merger, it was the USAirways Pilots, with Jerry Glass's knife in the back and Bruce Lakefield's financial acumen.

Nobody will lose their seat. But it's likely the next one that opens up will go to an 18 year East F/O before a 4 year Cactus F/O.

Even the reserves had some kind of a "life" under the pre LOA93 agreements.

You OBVIOUSLY weren't a reserve prior to LOA93 if you think a reserve had some kind of a life prior to it. I was hired in 1989 and blockholders have ruled since then. The whole system has always catered to them as far back as 1989. I have been both. I gave up a lot of pay to remain a bh as long as I could.

Bingo!

There are no 4 year West captains, minor point. Also, a rather childish way to look at it no matter how you slice it, in my opinion.

You OBVIOUSLY weren't a reserve prior to LOA93 if you think a reserve had some kind of a life prior to it. I was hired in 1989 and blockholders have ruled since then. The whole system has always catered to them as far back as 1989. I have been both. I gave up a lot of pay to remain a bh as long as I could.

Ask any reserve operating post LOA 93 and they would tell you at least they had some control over their destiny prior to the "bucket system", with no choice of what they fly.

The architects of the reserve system have never served a day under the system they created. Pilots are bypassing the left seat and the higher pay, just to avoid reserve.

But no one thought there would be career reserves when any system was designed.

If it's any consolation, being a block holder is only about 4 days fewer duty days than a reserve these days. But at least here is some control of one's schedule.