Cater to me or I will turn you in to the language authorities? C'mon Man!!!

SWAMECH

Veteran
Apr 26, 2005
It’s the law in Canada DA.

Maybe do a little research, and get some reading comprehension skills.

From the very article you posted

“He told the outlet he'd filed a complaint with the Quebec Office of the French Language after the flight. Beaudoin said he didn't complain to Air Canada because he didn't trust their process, instead escalating the matter to language authorities.

Air Canada is subject to Canada's Official Languages Act, which gives equal status to both English and French. The airline was fined $15,700 in 2019 after a couple complained that some signs on a domestic flight were only in English, BBC News reported.”

It's a BS interpretation of a BS law.

There's a declining population holding onto French-only culture in Quebec, and eventually that official second language will fall.

There's a declining population holding onto French-only culture in Quebec, and eventually that official second language will fall.
So you are an expert in Canadian law now?

Wow you are a jack of all trades.

Guess what?

You aren’t Canadian, it doesn’t effect you and it’s their law and has been for decades.

Deal with it.

Last edited:

It is a BS law, agree. I still don't understand why not deal with it in a professional manner such as speak the second language that said passenger knows and speaks well. Some things, some people think they have to make a point for some reason or another. Baffling to say the least E.

It is a BS law, agree. I still don't understand why not deal with it in a professional manner such as speak the second language that said passenger knows and speaks well. Some things, some people think they have to make a point for some reason or another. Baffling to say the least E.
It’s the law. AC has known about it since 1969 when the law was enacted.

You all aren’t Canadian citizens, it doesn’t affect you, yet you all think you know better.

You aren't a member of AMFA and don't work for WN, so by the standard you're espousing above, you no longer have room to ever comment on either of those entities again because what they do doesn't affect you, right?

You aren't a member of AMFA and don't work for WN, so by the standard you're espousing above, you no longer have room to ever comment on either of those entities again because what they do doesn't affect you, right?
Neither do you nor are you a lawyer in Canada nor Canadian.

Are you sure about my nationality or heritage, Skippy?....

If I say I associate as Canadian, who are you to mis-nationalize me?

• Haha
Reactions: SWAMECH