Censorship

Go grab a copy of your Constitution, as I have asked you before. The first ammendment states Congress shall make no law abridging the right to free speech. So, the answer to your question is, no, it does not apply here. The First Ammendment is the most misquoted/misapplied thing I have ever seen.

There is reason to believe, Chip will say there is reason to believe.

This board name should be changed to CHIP'S AVIATION BOARD OF THRUTH and FACTS.

Should anyone DARING to disagree or point out any follies will be banished because WE are the power, the ONLY ones who know and see truth and will not tolerate political incorrectness, or what we deem a fools posting.

It was fun, but they can stick their censorship up their APU hole.

This is Cavalier's very last posting, try to keep Chip from a nervous breakdown fellows, he shows all the signs.

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/28/2002 8:58:32 AM Lakeguy67 wrote:
[P]Why are whole topics and post being removed?  Does the first amendment not apply here?[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P]No, it really doesn't. See, the first amendment says that the GOVERNMEMT cannot limit free speech. It doesnt' say diddly squat about a privatly run message board. [/P]
[P]See, the first amendment states:[/P]
[P] Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. [/P]
[P]Unless Congress called up the administrators and ordered them to delete your (or someone elses) posts, then everyone is within their rights. I suppose that if anyone is upset about the censorship on this board, I might suggest starting up your own board...where you can censor the stuff you don't like. Thanks for playing....[/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/28/2002 8:58:32 AM Lakeguy67 wrote:

Why are whole topics and post being removed? Does the first amendment not apply here?
----------------
Try hitting the SUBMIT Button......it may help!

Rules are Rules....and Rights are Rights....On a UBB Rights are usually followed by a Left Upper-cut.

I agree with those about using the first amendment as a defense in this venue.....It is pointless!!.....on the other hand , what's being deleted seems just a twinge Ham Fisted.....I'm going to do what I'm going to do....and if that doesn't work ? See-ya!!

I know the Boards defense is going to be the Use of Personal Attacks for the reason for deleting things....but just a friendly word of caution to our esteemed moderators. The word favortism in regard to Chip being able to air his views is coming into play ....Certainly the good Captain does not name call....but the context is sometimes provocative enough to draw some heated responses. This is afterall a bit of a Two-Way Street...or should be.

Just food for thought....not a slam or indictment of any particular wrong doing......everyone has an opinion as they say. [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/2.gif']

1st Ammendment? Oh please, you have absolutely got to be kidding me, Lakeguy! It is not your constitutional right to be able to post whatever you want on someone else's message board. When you signed up for this forum, you agreed to abide by THEIR rules and regulations. I simply double over with laughter everytime someone screams first ammendment when a post or thread gets moved, edited or deleted. Stop for a moment and realize that this is an airline message board. Yeah, I can really see the Supreme Court taking up this cause.