Moderators Are Killing This Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I for one don't need to sift through 347 threads on how the east/eest pilots suck anymore then I need another 629 on how f'cked up the reserve system is.

Consolidating the threads keeps keeps everything moving along and that goes for the customer related threads as well.

Go hang out on FlyerTalk if you want a taste of Neo-Facism in all it's glory.

Part of the reason for "Cleaning Up" the board is so it will have more credit with the media and that ladies & gentlemen is good for all of us who debate and share here.

Moderators have to walk a fine line. FlyerTalk is over moderated and I think if you really want to find fault here it's that for a long time moderators here did very little if anything to halt some things that should have been halted. Now as they attempt to bring a little decorum it's met with many of the posts like we have here.
I actually agree with Piney (surprise!). I think the mods do a good job overall here.

They had to take a stricter line with the LCC forum because it was becoming an unruly free-for-all that was not worth visiting. A little order was needed. As Piney said, they have to walk a fine line, which is difficult. But I think they have done a pretty good job bringing some order to the chaos.

The moderators are not ruining these boards, a few troublemakers who refuse to follow rules are making it tough for all of you.

The rules of the board are specific. Before we started reining things in a little, there were up to 8 different threads on the same basic subject, and people were posting the same diatribes all over the place. It made for a sloppy board, wasted bandwidth and slowed the performance of the boards. In each case where we tried to condense and improve the readability of the boards we found that it would continue, so since people did not heed the requests then warnings about duplicate threads, we made new rules, which are STILL being ignored.

I don't even need to say anything about personal attacks and insults, but they continue despite the warnings. Again, a few bad apples are making the rest of you pay for it. We realize the issues here are emotional, but so many of you are acting like children on here, it brings the whole board down.

This is a privately owned and operated board. The rules exist for a reason, and I will tell you that we are MUCH more lenient than some other boards, like Flyertalk and others. Maybe that's a mistake. We've tightened up a little due to the behavior of a few troublemakers. Yes it affects everyone, but unfortunately that is the way it is.

Finally, publicly challenging moderators which is the topic of this entire thread is a direct violation of the rules of this board. If you have something to say, take it off line. If you don't like the answer, don't go starting threads, because your prophecy of being sent to the cornfield will come true.

Speaking for myself, sometimes I appear to be harsh but imagine feeling like a kindergarten teacher who has to watch 2000 plus kids, 50 of which constantly misbehave. In cases where I overreact, I do actually apologize and reverse course. We're only human, and we're not on line 24/7.

That said, you can help. When someone posts a personal attack or insult, DO NOT go back at them in kind. It makes you equally guilty and then to be fair we have to take action on both of you. USE the report to moderator button. Don't let it snowball.

I am leaving this up for a while but the topic will be closed. If you have something to say, use the PM.

The message to ALL members is basically if you don't want to be treated like children then stop behaving like a child.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts