Changing to American branding

Status
Not open for further replies.

austwin1

Dec 18, 2007
Have any of you heard when new signage will go up at US Airways ticket counters?  When airport ticket counter and gate locations will change?  When aircraft will be painted in the American livery?   Any rumors if Parker will dump that eagle-thing logo for something recognizable?

austwin1 said:
Have any of you heard when new signage will go up at US Airways ticket counters?  When airport ticket counter and gate locations will change?  When aircraft will be painted in the American livery?   Any rumors if Parker will dump that eagle-thing logo for something recognizable?

CNBC (I think it was) said something about Jan 7th for the name change.  Strictly rumor, of course.

Ticket counters will take more time.  Some places probably a few weeks after the POR is signed.  Other places may take a few months as the airport plays musical chairs.  IMHO.  (Personally, I can't wait to move MAD ops to the Iberia terminal, and LHR ops out of Siberia.)

Painting the fleet will take years, IMHO.  The USAirways name will come off the planes fairly quickly, but the US livery will stay until the airplane is otherwise in for paint/major maintenance.  

If Parker has his way, the new AA livery will remain as is.  Parker is eternally puzzled that his employees have such an emotional stance on the livery.  He says the customers don't care, and he's probably right.  The customers have the money; the employees don't.  You do the math.  IMHO.

austwin1 said:
I would imagine he had a say in it all along.

DCA is still going to be a hub, why would they close a crew base?

I too heard January.  Already had someone ask me who I work for today (answered US Airways), and they responded; "Isn't American Airlines buying you guys?"  I just answered, "yes, yes they are, and it's a good thing."

Bean

nevergiveup said:
Which crew base will close first? Perhaps DCA for the US side. How many does AA have?
DCA ???  I don't think so.  Maybe waaay down the line PHL, if the people that run that airport don't pull their collective heads out.  Just joking, not serious.   

American and US crew bases are:

[SIZE=12pt]BOS  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]CLT  
DCA 
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]DFW  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]LAX   [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]LGA   [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]MIA   [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]ORD  [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]PHL   [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]PHX   [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt]STL   [/SIZE]
[SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]

Bean

Beancounter said:
DCA ???  I don't think so.  Maybe waaay down the line PHL, if the people that run that airport don't pull their collective heads out.  Just joking, not serious.   

American and US crew bases are:

BOS  200
CLT   1400
DCA  400

DFW  1800
LAX   800
LGA   1200
MIA   1500
ORD  1000
PHL   1200
PHX   1400
STL   600

Bean
That's <12,000. Is that right?

700UW said:
DCA is still going to be a hub, why would they close a crew base?
Just to save money.....crew room....CP....secs...ect. Hope they don't. I hope the new regs give an incentive to have more crew bases. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back