Could American Airlines adopt an all-new livery?

I would not mind if they brought back the design they have on the 73/75 that are flying around. Looke like a lighting bolt on the side. I saw that and thought it had a nice touch. Maybe because it was just different.

You do know that those two aircraft have 'retro' schemes that represent the two previous liveries prior to the current one (which first appeared, on a 720 and a 727, in 1969, not '68 OR '70!), don't you?
The retro 757 sports (sported?...haven't both been returned to standard colors?) the 1959 scheme that was intoduced that year on the Electra and 707. It was not that much different than the previous scheme on the CV-240/DC-6/DC-7.
The retro 737 has the 1964 colors that were first seen that year on the brand-new 727s. All of the 707/720/CV-990s were redone into this scheme, as were the remaining Electras. Personally, this scheme is my favorite.
All of AA's piston aircraft retained their original 1950s colors until their retirements: DC-7 in '63, CV-240 in '64, and DC-6 in '66. Unlike Eastern, which had Constellations and Convairs flying around in the '60s in the "hockey stick' colors, which looked kind of weird.

Cough, Cough,

Maybe AA should spell American in Spanish nn the sides of the aircraft near the front? :down:

What a :censored: thing to say! Typically, comments like yours usually originate from non-Spanish speakers who "feel superior" by displaying animosity towards the Spanish speaking community in or outside the USA in a foolish attempt to hide what is clearly visible to everyone else: envy. Work on your shortcomings! Expand your horizons! LEARN a language!....

What a :censored: thing to say! Typically, comments like yours usually originate from non-Spanish speakers who "feel superior" by displaying animosity towards the Spanish speaking community in or outside the USA in a foolish attempt to hide what is clearly visible to everyone else: envy. Work on your shortcomings! Expand your horizons! LEARN a language!....
<_< ----- Lo siento mucho! Pero me amigo no es mucho entelente hoy! :rolleyes: Hell! I can't spell in spanish either! ;)

Donde esta deniero. I doubt I spelled it correctly.

I do know a language and that is ENGLISH! :up:

Considering how AA is now dropping hints that more cost cuts (i.e. pay/benefit cuts) are going to be needed, I don't see how AA could justify the need to launch a new livery and re-paint their fleet. Now granted, it takes years to paint a fleet the size of AA's, and many of them would get the new livery when they were schedule for a paint upgrade anyhow, but the cost would still be enormous. Usually an airline launches a new livery to mark some special event, such as re-branding their product, changing market strategy, etc. I don't really see AA doing this. So why the need for a change? The AA brand/logo is strong throughout the world. Why change it now?

Back