Chaos Threats, Strike Votes, Pension Terminations

JAMAKE1

Veteran
Feb 15, 2003
SFO to DAB
Visit site
Hello Everyone:

I have had to step away from these boards for about 24 hours and take a personal inventory of myself and of the events that have unfolded during the past week. As I have been reflecting, I have been questioning my own morality and in so doing, have realized what a DEEP association I have with United Airlines.

To give you a brief background, both of my parents met while working for United and I happened to be conceived during that time. For MOST of my life United Airlines has been the hand that has fed me. My father's career spanned nearly 3 decades. I recently celebrated my 10th year with United.The events that have transpired this past week happened to occur the day before my birthday.

Having said that, my view points and perspective of the situation at United may have come off as offensive to some of you. While communicating my point of view, I did not intend to come from a place of arrogance or to sound smug. My intent was to present a different angle. I would very much like to see our company emerge as a successful and vibrant competitor in the marketplace.

For those of you who feel betrayed and angry about the situation at UAL, your feelings are very VALID. I personally do not come from a place of bitterness or anger but I totally understand, for those of you who do.

So, in closing, my heartfelt apologies to those of you whom I may have offended.

Respectfully,

Jamake1

(SFOSW as of 08-08-05)

I've had to remove myself from this board a couple of times Jamake. Sometimes this medium (at least when I use it) invites my carelessness. It's just the nature of a basically anonymous and one sided conversation. No one is right and no one's wrong, and sometimes insults get hurled. Add the delays in response time and the stress of these past couple of months and people can get hot.

I think we all really want the best for each other, we just have different ideas and this place allows us to vent. It hasn't been easy these days.

Well anyway, I respect anyone who honestly looks at himself and is willing to share that. It leaves you vulnerable but shows you have real courage on the inside. That shows character.

Thanks for the honesty.

Spacewaitress:

I want you to know that YOU were one of the colleagues that I was hoping my posting would reach. Thanks for your acknowlegement and kind words.

All the best,

Jamake1

Back