Chess match continues with standby policy,good luck keeping it all in order.Wall Street lawyers need

RealityCheck

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
From what I can summarize, here is the deal.......
1-Pre 8-27 ticketing, stdby. applys same day early or later per original fare rule. No fee.(those were the good ol' days)
2-Tktd 8-27 to 9-30 and 10-1 and beyond..and only for travel 10-10 and beyond,same day standby per fare rule for 100 fee,voucher purchased at the tkt ctr,vchr is non refndble and can be used towards stdby within a year if it doesnt need to be used on the first time you try it or if unsuccessful..My comment>>So I assume you can pre-purchase 100 vchrs and keep them on you for future usage,maybe they can set up a bklet of 4 for 400?? or buy 4 get 1 free??,or 10k miles for a bk of 4?...can you say K-MART tactics? LOL..Im sure someone in the creativity dept, which took the place of MARKETING DEPT, will dream this up soon.
3- With the new policy, this leaves No Standby at all between 10-1 and 10-9, except the US shuttle which does allow time specific same day standbys on NONREF fares , no fee, thru 12-31 trvl, then 100 after Jan 1.
**Use it or lose it has been extended to the entire calendar day of the flights scheduled rather than call by the time of flight.**
**Death waiver for self and trvling companion has been reinstated, for refunds or for changes as well.Tkts issued 8-27 and beyond only.Not sure why pre- 8-27 tkts this is prohibited or how this will be enforced consistently and accurately.**
Does everyone follow? Who will make the next MOVE and what might it be? Is this CHECK ...OR ....CHECKMATE?

I just wanted to add my thanks to ? for making the rules and policies simpler to understand. Someone appears to be creating job security for themselves. Instead of making things simple to understand, lets keep them guessing and change the rules every other day. This way I can keep typing up new briefs to send out and keep my buddy in a job updating Focus files.
6.gif']

I agree..to explain these rules to a pax is too confusing...especially the elderly...my talk time has increased alot..and we've created more angry passengers ...with the must rebook even if u don't know when ur travelling before outbound tvl date....it just confuses them...not to mention the standby issue....who can keep it all straight..even the agents are having to question themselves...

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/1/2002 4:06:05 PM RealityCheck wrote:
**Use it or lose it has been extended to the entire calendar day of the flights scheduled rather than call by the time of flight.**
[/blockqote]

Does this mean that you lose it if you don't call prior to the date of travel or that you have all day to call and make alternate arrangements?

[blockquote]**Death waiver for self and trvling companion has been reinstated, for refunds or for changes as well.Tkts issued 8-27 and beyond only.Not sure why pre- 8-27 tkts this is prohibited or how this will be enforced consistently and accurately.**[/blockquote]

If nothing else it should help with the bad press.

[blockquote]Does everyone follow? Who will make the next MOVE and what might it be? Is this CHECK ...OR ....CHECKMATE?

----------------
[/blockquote]

I think it's 52 pick-up...

RealityCheck wrote:

**Death waiver for self and trvling companion has been reinstated, for refunds or for changes as well.Tkts issued 8-27 and beyond only.Not sure why pre- 8-27 tkts this is prohibited or how this will be enforced consistently and accurately.**

--------------

Hmmmm, my printout (F*SMXHCI) reads: (In CAPS)

ALSO EFFECTIVE 01OCT02.. TICKETS ISSUED ON/AFTER 01OCT02 THE FOLLOWING APPLIES

IN THE EVENT OF A DEATH OF THE PASSENGER OR TRAVELING COMPANION US WILL WAIVE THE CHANGE FEE/PENALTY UPON PRESENTATION OF A DEATH CERTIFICATE.

A FULL REFUND MAY BE PROCESSED IN THE EVENT OF DEATH OF THE PASSENGER AND/OR TRAVELING COMPANION

I see no mention of pre-8/27 tickets.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/2/2002 2:31:12 PM TomBascom wrote:

[blockquote]

----------------

Does this mean that you lose it if you don't call prior to the date of travel or that you have all day to call and make alternate arrangements?

You have up to midnight of your ticketed flight date to change. After that, the ticket is forfeited.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/2/2002 4:58:32 PM dinosaur wrote:

RealityCheck wrote:

--------------

Hmmmm, my printout (F*SMXHCI) reads: (In CAPS)

ALSO EFFECTIVE 01OCT02.. TICKETS ISSUED ON/AFTER 01OCT02 THE FOLLOWING APPLIES

IN THE EVENT OF A DEATH OF THE PASSENGER OR TRAVELING COMPANION US WILL WAIVE THE CHANGE FEE/PENALTY UPON PRESENTATION OF A DEATH CERTIFICATE.

A FULL REFUND MAY BE PROCESSED IN THE EVENT OF DEATH OF THE PASSENGER AND/OR TRAVELING COMPANION

I see no mention of pre-8/27 tickets.

----------------

[/blockquote]

True, which is why I wrote above:not sure why 8-27 and prior is prohibited,......That would also mean as you said, no mention of pre-8/27 tickets, which I take to mean it doesn't apply pre 8-27, right???

RealityCheck replied:

True, which is why I wrote above:not sure why 8-27 and prior is prohibited,......That would also mean as you said, no mention of pre-8/27 tickets, which I take to mean it doesn't apply pre 8-27, right???

-----------------------

All of the rules of tickets purchased prior to 8/27 apply.

Death waiver was one of them. Just need a copy of the DC to refund/change.

Bad news for folks/companions who purchased tickets from 8/27 to 10/01 that left this earthly world. No refund.
(This too, will change.)

Does this make the newest changes understandable to the masses?

Important information for NON-REFUNDABLE tickets issued after August 26, 2002.

--- General standby is no longer permitted. However, if you check in less then the 30 minute cut-off time,
or make it to the airport within -two hours- of the scheduled departure of your ticketed flight,
you may standby for the next same day flight.

--- Effective October 10, 2002, you may standby on earlier/later same day ticketed flights for
a $100.00 USD/$154.00 CAD service charge.

--- If your plans change, you MUST contact USAirways (1-800-428-4322) or come to an Airport or
City Ticket Office to make your changes before or on the ticketed departure date(s) and pay any
applicable charges and/or fees.

If you do not notify USAirways of changes before or on your ticketed departure date,
(Origin or return) your ticket is forfeited and has no value. You will have to purchase a new ticket.

---------