Climategate

dapoes

Veteran
May 17, 2008
Climate center's server hacked revealing documents and emails proving the whole global warming is a sham.

Britain’s Climate Research Unit, University of East Anglia, suffered a data breach in recent days when a hacker apparently broke into their system and made away with thousands of emails and documents. The stolen data was then posted to a Russian server and has quickly made the rounds among climate skeptics. The documents within the archive, if proven to be authentic, would at best be embarrassing for many prominent climate researchers and at worst, damning.

When you read some of those files – including 1079 emails and 72 documents – you realize just why the hacks at CRU might have preferred to keep them confidential.

Here are a few tasty tidbits...

Manipulation of evidence:

I’ve just completed Mike’s Nature trick of adding in the real temps to each series for the last 20 years (ie from 1981 onwards) and from 1961 for Keith’s to hide the decline.

Private doubts about whether the world really is heating up:

The fact is that we can’t account for the lack of warming at the moment and it is a travesty that we can’t. The CERES data published in the August BAMS 09 supplement on 2008 shows there should be even more warming: but the data are surely wrong. Our observing system is inadequate.

Suppression of evidence:

Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re AR4?

Keith will do likewise. He’s not in at the moment – minor family crisis.

Can you also email Gene and get him to do the same? I don’t have his new email address.

We will be getting Caspar to do likewise.

Fantasies of violence against prominent Climate Sceptic scientists:

Next time I see Pat Michaels at a scientific meeting, I’ll be tempted to beat
the crap out of him. Very tempted.

Attempts to disguise the inconvenient truth of the Medieval Warm Period (MWP):

……Phil and I have recently submitted a paper using about a dozen NH records that fit this category, and many of which are available nearly 2K back–I think that trying to adopt a timeframe of 2K, rather than the usual 1K, addresses a good earlier point that Peck made w/ regard to the memo, that it would be nice to try to “containâ€￾ the putative “MWPâ€￾, even if we don’t yet have a hemispheric mean reconstruction available that far back….

And, perhaps most reprehensibly, a long series of communications discussing how best to squeeze dissenting scientists out of the peer review process. How, in other words, to create a scientific climate in which anyone who disagrees with AGW can be written off as a crank, whose views do not have a scrap of authority.

“This was the danger of always criticising the skeptics for not publishing in the “peer-reviewed literatureâ€￾. Obviously, they found a solution to that–take over a journal! So what do we do about this? I think we have to stop considering “Climate Researchâ€￾ as a legitimate peer-reviewed journal. Perhaps we should encourage our colleagues in the climate research community to no longer submit to, or cite papers in, this journal. We would also need to consider what we tell or request of our more reasonable colleagues who currently sit on the editorial board…What do others think?â€￾

“I will be emailing the journal to tell them I’m having nothing more to do with it until they rid themselves of this troublesome editor.â€￾“It results from this journal having a number of editors. The responsible one for this is a well-known skeptic in NZ. He has let a few papers through by Michaels and Gray in the past. I’ve had words with Hans von Storch about this, but got nowhere. Another thing to discuss in Nice !â€￾

You didn't really believe everything they were telling us was true, did you ? :blink:
No...I sure didn't. But you know something I do believe? That we are polluting our air and water and burning up our natural resources at an alarming rate. That's "junk science" too I guess...since nobody has really paid any attention to that stuff since Earth Day 1972.

UPDATE: UK climate scientist to temporarily step down

LONDON — The chief of a prestigious British research center caught in a storm of controversy over claims that he and others suppressed data about climate change has stepped down pending an investigation, the University of East Anglia said Tuesday.

The university said in a statement that Phil Jones, whose e-mails were among the thousands of pieces of correspondence leaked to the Internet late last month, would relinquish his position as director of Climatic Research Unit until the completion of an independent review.

and big CYA news...

Climate change data dumped

SCIENTISTS at the University of East Anglia (UEA) have admitted throwing away much of the raw temperature data on which their predictions of global warming are based.

It means that other academics are not able to check basic calculations said to show a long-term rise in temperature over the past 150 years.

The UEA’s Climatic Research Unit (CRU) was forced to reveal the loss following requests for the data under Freedom of Information legislation.

No...I sure didn't. But you know something I do believe? That we are polluting our air and water and burning up our natural resources at an alarming rate. That's "junk science" too I guess...since nobody has really paid any attention to that stuff since Earth Day 1972.

In reality I think it would be more prudent and beneficial to the planet if we curbed volcanic emissions.....

One volcano can wreck the planet sooner and longer than mankind has to date.

Unexplained cooling and unproven theories and they have to cook the data and like I said in another thread a long long time ago......Its about a political agenda........

And all the books and future taxation, EPA laws.............all based on fraud.

One volcano can wreck the planet sooner and longer than mankind has to date.

Unexplained cooling and unproven theories and they have to cook the data and like I said in another thread a long long time ago......Its about a political agenda........

And all the books and future taxation, EPA laws.............all based on fraud.
Tell you what dell....go into the heart of Montana for a week, then head into downtown LA for a week...tell me that man doesn't have an impact.

Tell you what dell....go into the heart of Montana for a week, then head into downtown LA for a week...tell me that man doesn't have an impact.

As we slowly descended through 11,000 feet I noticed a funny amberish brown haze we were going through...Suddenly I realized it was the famous smog.

Never said man didn't....but mother nature can make man look like a drop in the bucket quicker.

All these plans of global redistribution of our wealth and carbon BS and atmospheric heating and the famous hockey puck graph.......and Pelosi and Waxman's best laid plans of mice and men......all on cooked data for a political agenda.

More junk science mistaken for junk science typo?
Imminent Demise of Glaciers Due to … a Typo!

Most people following the climate change debate are aware that many sources (CNN, Tree Hugger)claim that the Himalayan glaciers are disappearing “rapidlyâ€￾ — in fact, that they may disappear by 2035, a mere 25 years from now.

Source: The UN panel on climate change warning that Himalayan glaciers could melt to a fifth of current levels by 2035 is wildly inaccurate, an academic says.

J Graham Cogley, a professor at Ontario Trent University, says he believes the UN authors got the date from an earlier report wrong by more than 300 years.

He is astonished they "misread 2350 as 2035". The authors deny the claims.

[Where] did this number 2035 (the year when glaciers could vanish) come from?

According to Prof Graham Cogley (Trent University, Ontario), a short article on the future of glaciers by a Russian scientist (Kotlyakov, V.M., 1996, The future of glaciers under the expected climate warming, 61-66, in Kotlyakov, V.M., ed., 1996, Variations of Snow and Ice in the Past and at Present on a Global and Regional Scale, Technical Documents in Hydrology, 1. UNESCO, Paris (IHP-IV Project H-4.1). 78p estimates 2350 as the year for disappearance of glaciers, but the IPCC authors misread 2350 as 2035 in the Official IPCC documents, WGII 2007 p. 493!

The BS is so deep they cant even keep it straight.

Blast from the past

“The Cooling Worldâ€￾ April 28, 1975 Newsweek :blink:

newsweek_coolingworld-map.jpg

Latest posts