What are your feelings about the economic crisis

Freedom... think about it man. If you want a $7b bailout package to be instituted and the only persuasive technique to get such a measure instituted is fear and panic, what better way is there to do it than to give prime-time televised remarks about "our entire economy is in danger" and "without immediate action by Congress, America can slip into a major panic." Doing that once the market is closed for the weekend just wouldn't bring the necessary panic desired results.
Panic and fear has been the modus operandi of the GOP for years.

I have no fear. I'll work as long as I am fit then I will rob a bank with the intention of being caught and receive free meals and healthcare behind bars. That's my retirement "plan B."

Freedom-
Ms./Mrs. Gilding the "Gyno"- is a Bartender. It take alot of eduction to pour a "drink" for one of her patrons, and impart of her wisdom of life's challenges, job loss's, to the down trodden
"educated" subject to the wim's of Wall Street & the political machine- Ms./Mrs. "Gyno" is also a professional on these message boards the "Cut & Paste". Additionally, Ms/Mrs. "Gyno" is on the wrong "Forum" site. THIS SITE IS AVIATION, NOT..., A BARTENDER FORUM. Hmmm, keep those tips coming "Gyno", your going to need them to for your retirement fund. :mf_boff:

What exactly is your area of expertise? Unless you’re an accountant, economist, investment banker, have a finance degree, MBA or something related you are about as qualified as he is to give an opinion.

Remember its WWII that pulled the USA out of the depression. If it wasn't for that it would have lasted much longer.

The USA was pulling out of the depression when WWII started for this country. Yes, it moved things along at a much quicker pace. Little consolation to the families of those who did not come home.

We made it through the workweek without any catastrophic banks runs (sans WAMU). I think that after last week, some people in the Treasury may have been very frigtened about the possible reaction of Americans (and the world for that matter). Now hopefully, with cooler heads and calmer hearts, the people in Washington, the Fed and the Treasury will knock out a plan that suits America's best interest.

What exactly is your area of expertise? Unless you’re an accountant, economist, investment banker, have a finance degree, MBA or something related you are about as qualified as he is to give an opinion.

What I do for a living, is none of your business-, Although, I am in the aviation business- As I assume you are! But let's not make an ASS-U-ME-

Now, let us consider, that the "Best & Brightest" of the financial world got us into this financial mess. Guess, they weren't the Best, or the Brightest- They will soon all be unemployed, now won't they- and..., they have brought this great nation, to the presapice, just to get an "angle" on the market! In closing, The saying goes- "If you can't dazzle them with greatness, baffle them will B*llsh*t- Those on Wall Street have done just that- , and people are loosing everything they have got ....

What I do for a living, is none of your business-, Although, I am in the aviation business- As I assume you are! But let's not make an ASS-U-ME-

Which means you are as qualified to give an opinion on financial matters as anyone here. Are you somehow better than GTL because of what you think he does for a living? Is someone not as good as you because of what they do? I've found that when an individual has nothing intelligent to say they resort to petty insults like it post #13.

By the way, I don't really care what you do for a living. I find it incredibly ironic that you will say it's nobody’s business what you do for a living yet will belittle someone else over what they do.

Which means you are as qualified to give an opinion on financial matters as anyone here. Are you somehow better than GTL because of what you think he does for a living? Is someone not as good as you because of what they do? I've found that when an individual has nothing intelligent to say they resort to petty insults like it post #13.

By the way, I don't really care what you do for a living. I find it incredibly ironic that you will say it's nobody’s business what you do for a living yet will belittle someone else over what they do.

Great point 777!

Take a look at this guy. You never know who is who and what they used to do or what they are capable of.

You are digging deep Tug.

That was the congress controlled by the Republicans in 2003...

There is much blame to go around Tug. We can trade jabs with great backup all night long. Let me just say that congress was asleep at the wheel...Democrats and Republicans.

Stardate: SEPTEMBER 18, 2006

The U.S. Treasury has backed away from its position that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac should be required by law to slash their holdings of home mortgages, a Treasury official said. (Bush Administration)

The softer Treasury stance suggests that the Bush administration is giving up its effort to change the fundamental nature of the two government-sponsored providers of funding for home loans and would settle for merely regulating them much more closely.

Under Mr. Paulson's predecessor, John Snow, the Treasury pushed for provisions that would have clamped tight restrictions on the type and amount of mortgages that Fannie and Freddie could hold as investments. That idea was embraced in a version of the legislation narrowly passed by the Senate Banking Committee but was rejected by the full House of Representatives (Republican Controlled), which passed a bill that doesn't require any reduction of the investment portfolios. Those portfolios currently total more than $1.4 trillion.

Now, the Treasury official said, the Treasury would back a bill giving the new regulatory agency discretion to decide how large the portfolios should be and what sort of assets they could contain. The regulator would make that decision, through a public rule-making process, based on the need for the companies to operate in a "safe and sound" manner and to avoid creating "systemic risks" to the financial markets, the official said. "Systemic risk" refers to the possibility that problems at one company could disrupt financial markets.

The new Treasury position probably comes too late to allow Congress to reach a compromise on the issue before the November election, said Howard Glaser, a mortgage-industry consultant who was a senior housing official in the Clinton administration, though he said a last-minute deal isn't impossible.

Sen. Richard Shelby, an Alabama Republican who is chairman of the Senate Banking Committee, also has softened his stand on the companies' portfolios.

Wall Street Journal Link.

So , our nation hasn't faced a crisis like this to our economy since the great depression ... Every night the economy is in the media , and you can't pick up a paper without reading the headlines blazing across the front page .... This is affecting everyone in different ways , how are you being affected by it all ?

I personally alternate between amazement , fear , fortitude and this nagging feeling of insanity … the insanity feeling is because I saw this coming further down the road than most , I’ve got a firm grasp of what’s going on, and what’s likely to happen , but you see , what’s likely to happen is so horrific and life changing for us all , that I just can’t wrap my mind around it the way I should be able to …. Hence there’s a real part of me that hopes I’m Looney .. i guess i'm just trying to stick my head in the sand , but yet i can't seem to do so , and now i'm stressing ...

I need a hug... :p

View attachment 7946

B) xUT

First, and foremost this is an Aviation site- Not Cheers! Secondly, If you knew where "our" conversatins started between myself and "GTL", you might have some standing- Unfortunately, you seem to me to be a But-in-ski, so make sure you brain is engaged, before putting your mouth in gear! I see you are an "AMT"- Re: All-Mouth-Technician-, So..., lets's keep to the subject matter at hand in this post- :eek:ff: :eek:ff: :cop: :cop: