CNBC AA Special-WHATS YOUR FAVORITE PART?

No doubt when Burchette was asked about trusting Airline Management after the bonuses were handed out, and Burchette looked at Romano and the host told him "don't look at him, look at me", was by far more meaningful than the question or answer.

That clip should be recorded and played on youtube.com for all to see!

My favorite was when Burchette and Romano were being interviewed together, and the interviewer called Burchette out for looking to Romano before answering questions.

All in all, I thought it was a good documentary. For someone who doesn't work at AA, it was nice to see the TUL facility, the JFK hangar (is it as small as it seemed in the show???), and AA's SOC.

For the largest maintenance facility in the world, you wouldn't know it by fast-framing only an MD80 overhaul....

I did watch the AA special on CNBC (after the Mets won) at the midnight recast.
As you would expect, once a camera is put in your face, the Bull&*^$ gets pretty deep.
The interviewer did a pretty good job.
My favorite clip was when Burchette said his job was to help AA fill their pockets with as much money as he can, and then come contract time in 2008, he was going to put his hands in AA's pockets.
The problem is he and the TWU want to fill AAs pockets with our money!!!

Obviuosly he never spoke to Crandall who insisted he would never buy airline stock. Burchettes goal of filling the compnays pockets is a fools folly. (the next crisis-AAs old fleet). Even the people who run it, and get paid a lot of money to do so admit that airlines do not make money, never have and never will either. Crandall spoke of how he would never invest money in an airline, also repeated was the old one of how to become a millioniare in the airline business-take a billionaire, have him own an airline and watch him become a millionaire. Airlines will be in a permanent state of crisis, that keeps wages low, however people who make money off the airlines make a mint. Whether its airports, fuel companies, suppliers or managers there is plenty of money for them. The trick is to be a business that makes its money from or through an airline, and thats the same way workers must start to look at it. If the airlines were really in such bad shape and they were losing billions a year then why are they still here? Because overall, the industry is a net producer. The product it provides is essential to other areas of the economy, areas that may not be as labor intensive.

Too bad there were no interviews with the line station AMT's. I am sure that the viewers who travel would have been more interested in listening to Line Pilots, Flight Attendents, Ticket Lift agents, ramp workers (cabin and Cargo) and AMT's since theses are the people they see or interact with on a flight from start to finish.
My opinion of course.....
That would have made the story too complicated since none of what he said about Tulsa and their love fest with the company, which despite his claims of an adversarial past, has always been the case, applies to the line. The line stations would be way to the left of the FAs and Pilots.

Over and over he claimed that Tulsa and the company had an adversarial relationship yet he left out the fact that Tulsa has voted in industry leading concessions for the last twenty years!! Whats adversarial about that?

It was a decent documentary nothing the average airline employee doesnt all ready know.

;)

One thing I didnt know was that the company purposely doesnt sell all its short haul seats. They save some in the hopes that a long haul connecting passenger will buy it. Well does SWA do that?

I also like how they would not disclose how much they get for AAdvantage miles.

He was in front of the aircraft in Bay 3..

You noticed he didn't interview the two mechanics coming down the stairs...

Actually it was Bay 2. They had no interest in talking to us and I think they were a little pissed because everytime we drove the tractor through the hangar they had to do a retake.

My favorite part was the briefing of the ELEVEN flight attendants to LAX? When was the last time anyone saw 11 flight attendants on any airplane? Maybe I misheard....

I thought all who participated in this event did an excellent job. A special "thanks" goes out to you :up:

Very well presented. It gave a balanced look at what the employees face daily, as well as what our passengers experience while traveling on AA....Great job :up:

I thought all who participated in this event did an excellent job. A special "thanks" goes out to you :up:

Very well presented. It gave a balanced look at what the employees face daily, as well as what our passengers experience while traveling on AA....Great job :up:

BALANCED LOOK?

Where was the viewpoint of the line station employees?

Don't you think it odd that only kool aid drinking rose colored glass wearing TWU lackeys were the ones who got to speak?

BALANCED LOOK?

Where was the viewpoint of the line station employees?

Don't you think it odd that only kool aid drinking rose colored glass wearing TWU lackeys were the ones who got to speak?

Well guess what hopeful. There was no viewpoint from the Type of work that I work under either, and I'm still satisfied with the presentation.

So what is your point?

Well guess what hopeful. There was no viewpoint from the Type of work that I work under either, and I'm still satisfied with the presentation.

So what is your point?

My point is that they handpicked those who were on camera with speaking roles.
Do you really believe they would've let someone who said nothing but negative things about AA have air time?

My point is that they handpicked those who were on camera with speaking roles.
Do you really believe they would've let someone who said nothing but negative things about AA have air time?

If I recall, I believe there was some negative statements made. Both to what we have experienced and to what impact the events of 911 have had on the entire industry. There is no need in harping on the past. Even Arpey was reluctant to speak about the fellow employees we lost due to 911.

Hopeful, They and their families paid a much higher price than what we have paid. A little advice if I may. Try to cheer up, I think over time things will get better.

If I recall, I believe there was some negative statements made. Both to what we have experienced and to what impact the events of 911 have had on the entire industry. There is no need in harping on the past. Even Arpey was reluctant to speak about the fellow employees we lost due to 911.

Hopeful, They and their families paid a much higher price than what we have paid. A little advice if I may. Try to cheer up, I think over time things will get better.
I wasn't referring to 911...I was referring to the things that are unflattering to this company. True they touched on the executive bonus and stock payouts, but Arpey waffled out of it. Mechanics took over a $20,000 a year paycut with all concessions factored in. They should've addressed how AA goes after emplyoyees and how they terminate them also. There are a slew of negatives to address as well as the positves.

If you're going to open your house to the world, then they need to see the laundry room as well.

I was amazed at the inability (or disinclination) of the interviewer to get a straight answer out of Arpey. He weaseled, waffled and spun every answer.

Why did they bother?

And the whole Tulsa thing was a Potemkin village.

My favorite part was the end credits - when I knew that travesty was over.

That ended up being two hours of my life I'll never get back! I wanted to reach through the screen and smack that smirk right off of Jerry's face.

And BTW, when did Crandall go senile? ;) Me Me Me, I did this, I did that! If ever a man hated labor, he's it!

"Balanced" look? Perhaps that paper bag you wear to hide your identity when posting hindered your vision when you watched the program.

A look at AA is what the show was about? I guess people only fly out of Tulsa. Having anti-AMFA material only shows the lack of confidence the twu has. Not speaking with the AMTs that have "shared the sacrifice" as management did, such as those of us in JFK, SAN, LAX, DFW, ORD, MIA, BOS, etc., was a good way of hiding the truth about the true morale of the AMT.

I tell you one thing, whenever I have been asked a question by a reporter on camera I never looked around for management to allow me to speak. It would have been interesting to see what Burchette would have said if the reporter asked him why he is no longer in the international. Would he have looked at Carmine or called Little for guidance?

I posted this on a different thread, but "indulge me" as I repost it here.

Love him, or hate him, "uncle BOBBY was the GREATEST(Ceo), and yes, the worst at AA Labor relations !!

It was a Crandall classic, when he told about how he laid off a night watchman, and HIS DOG :shock: :shock: , to save money(budget).

But my BEST was the "Bubba-Oakie", in the bright orange sweatshirt, with his crewcut,and Anti-AMFA buttons, singing the praises of Gerard Arpey, but when Told by Peter Greenberg that GA was handing out bonus's, his SCARY reply was, "WELL we'll see about that come contract time"

LIKE THIS RED-NECK #### HEAD "WAS" GOING TO DO SOMETHING THAT WOULD "NEED A PAIR OF BALLS" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NH/BB's

Latest posts