Cnbc Southwest Analyst's

skyflyr69

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
Just now 2 analysts said to not buy ANY luv stock. and if you have any SELL it .
something about an eva analysis( economic something ?) .
one guy was a baldheaded dude.

didn't see or hear any names, but i'm sure it'll be repeated.

oh the horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock:

PS. Bill Griffin was the narrator. program called : "MONEY NOW"

[Just now 2 analysts said to not buy ANY luv stock. and if you have any SELL it .

oh the horror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]

Thanks! Appreciate sound fiscal advice from folks,, run the sky is falling....hmmm.

Let's see..

Profitable EVERY DAMN quarter for the last, oh, twenty years
INCREASING the size and scope of its operations, 176 new jets on order/option
HEDGED on fuel for the next 4 years at good to excellent prices

NOT standing on the street with its hand out looking for cash from the Gov't.

Yeah,, Wall Street doing another bang-up job of analysis.

Thanks for the heads-up!! ;)

skyflyr69 said:
Just now 2 analysts said to not buy ANY luv stock. and if you have any SELL it .

[post="276930"][/post]​

I guess it's time to shut 'er down. 34 years...is a pretty good run. Anyone looking for a good deal on 440 "gently used" 737's? Would the last one out please turn off the lights. ;)

skyflyr69 said:

Hmmm. I saw them say not to buy - nor get anywhere near - NORTHWEST stock. Perhaps our friend, skyflyr69, is a little geographically challenged?
:blink:

BTW, LUV closed up $.03 today, one of only 2 airline stocks to do move that direction.

-- C

You know, Southwest WAS mentioned in the Wall St. Journal today.....oh, as a successful LCC, in the article about NWA joining UA and US in bankruptcy.

I'll be the last person to wish evil on another carrier, and I will stay focused on keeping my employer successful, but really trolling is SOOOO unbecoming. B)

Hate to say this but things are changing in the airline industry in a major way. IMO those airlines that file for BK can and will get their cost's down and they will be able to better compete with WN.

Im sure that upper Management at Southwest sees whats going on and are on top of things but the one thing they cant control at the present moment are employee cost's which are going thru the roof. While they cant do much about our pay they can modify our work rules to a certain extent (which Im sure their going to do).

I would imagine thats why theyve hired an outside firm and plan on making changes on the ramp in Phoenix and if those changes work well in PHX the next stop will be LAS and so on.

The times they are a change'n

Tug

tug_slug said:
Hate to say this but things are changing in the airline industry in a major way. IMO those airlines that file for BK can and will get their cost's down and they will be able to better compete with WN.

Im sure that upper Management at Southwest sees whats going on and are on top of things but the one thing they cant control at the present moment are employee cost's which are going thru the roof. While they cant do much about our pay they can modify our work rules to a certain extent (which Im sure their going to do).

I would imagine thats why theyve hired an outside firm and plan on making changes on the ramp in Phoenix and if those changes work well in PHX the next stop will be LAS and so on.

Tug
[post="277013"][/post]​
hey slug read the may issue of luv lines and this will give you a better idea of what our management is doing to stay ahead of the game....

Oh I bet you do , "hate to say this", lol.

Well if all those legacy carriers have to file BK to get their costs down to better compete with SWA and other LCC's, then all SWA has to do is file for BK stating they can't compete any longer. Then the cost difference will still be the same as prior to the legacy carriers filing BK, :huh: :blink:

tug_slug said:

Tug
[post="277013"][/post]​

WNjetdoc said:
Oh I bet you do , "hate to say this", lol.

Well if all those legacy carriers have to file BK to get their costs down to better compete with SWA and other LCC's, then all SWA has to do is file for BK stating they can't compete any longer. Then the cost difference will still be the same as prior to the legacy carriers filing BK, :huh: :blink:
[post="277200"][/post]​
I worked for an airline that filed BK not once but twice (U know which one Im talking about) and believe me it isnt pretty. You go to work one day and your making 20.00/hr the following day your making 17.00/hr then before you know it your out of a job. Dont think it cant happen... believe me it can.

My point in my original post was that Management at WN has started to tighten its belt and when that happens it's usually the employees that feel it the most.

Were fortunate here at WN, we have a management team that not only listens to its work force but actually cares about it employees, thats something that never happened at U.

Actually it was that bald headed dude named Cramer and he has a call in show. One of the stocks in question was, LUV. He said he wouldn't own LUV or ANY airline stock. He said if you were interested in buying airline stocks to watch another channel.

skyflyr69 said:

[post="276930"][/post]​

WNjetdoc said:
Actually it was that bald headed dude named Cramer and he has a call in show. One of the stocks in question was, LUV. He said he wouldn't own LUV or ANY airline stock. He said if you were interested in buying airline stocks to watch another channel.
[post="277451"][/post]​
I am willing to bet that was posted by a jealous legacy carrier employee. I am a jealous legacy carrier employee...I admire the WN people the operation and I hope you all keep kicking arse

operaations said:
I am willing to bet that was posted by a jealous legacy carrier employee. I am a jealous legacy carrier employee...I admire the WN people the operation and I hope you all keep kicking arse
[post="277457"][/post]​

I believe the program is called Mad Money or something like that on CNBC. Considering how much hatred he has for airline stocks, his opinion of LUV was pretty tame.

The question is not whether or not Southwest is or has been successful.

The question is can they continue to be the most successful airline out there?

Southwest pays their employees in many areas more than any other airline.

Southwest is now the hunted rather than the hunter.

Both are completely new roles for the airline. Southwest has NEVER been in this situation. Ever.

I think Southwest can handle it and continue to succeed, but nothing is guaranteed. Basing their future performance on the past is STUPID.

Eloquent as always, Dog.

Remember that WN pays their people more but they pay less for the effort they put out. Very important footnote. I would rather pay 10% more for somebody doing 30% more work.

And regardless of past, present, or future, I do think that NW was who was referenced but that there is a faction that would like nothing more than doom and gloom for WN so we end up with these dramatic postings...

Back