CNBC

Crzipilot

Veteran
Mar 23, 2004
For anyone that cares..

CEO Doug Parker will be on CNBC Squawk on the Street tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m. PT. Tune in to listen as Doug discusses US Airways’ Q307 earnings. Check local listings.

Interesting question, not really related, but those on the west coast can answer. I notice lots of time listings are listed PST. Do other large corporations that have operations nationwide/worldwide, that are based out in CA or out west, make their time announcements at PST...or EST as it seems everyone else does?

For anyone that cares..

CEO Doug Parker will be on CNBC Squawk on the Street tomorrow morning at 7:30 a.m. PT. Tune in to listen as Doug discusses US Airways’ Q307 earnings. Check local listings.
Interesting question, not really related, but those on the west coast can answer. I notice lots of time listings are listed PST. Do other large corporations that have operations nationwide/worldwide, that are based out in CA or out west, make their time announcements at PST...or EST as it seems everyone else does?

Who ever really knows what time it is in Arizona except those that live there?

He needs to lighten up from all the scotch he's guzzling...

At least his appearance is more like a corporate executive. He's actually wearing a coat and tie which is a big stretch for a "business casual" environment. His minions must be reading this forum and reporting back to him because one of the biggest complaints I've seen on US Aviation is that Doug and Scotty did not fit the starchy mold (or the right age group) that most corporate leaders do.

i'd say he did well in the short amount of time given to him . Thanks for the link!! :up:

What is the read on DPs opinion on consolidation.

He wants it. How far will he go to make it happen?

Industry consolidation will likely occur, but not until the credit markets recover from the sub-prime mortgage mess. Large institutional investors often indirectly fund large mergers, and many of them have been burned and are pulling their money out of risky investments. Airline profits are notoriously sensitive to economic downturns and with oil prices on the rise and an imminent slowing of the U.S. economy, M&A money is on the sidelines waiting to see what happens.

When the time is right and the capital is available, I'm sure we will see additional mergers and the airline business will follow the Big 3 automakers and the major oil companies in limiting choice and price which will only benefit Wall Street and those who provide the money for the mergers.

Nice flight attendant footage. I thought those F/As (in east uniforms) looked too polished, vibrant and well put together. Then they showed her in front of the bulkhead... it's the stars and stripes motif which confirmed my suspicion that the footage was from the late 90's/early 00s.

At least someone told sloppy to put on a darn tie.

All kidding aside I'm more than a little concerned about our Mr Parker.

Don't worry, Bob. He can buy whatever he needs to get well.

I will agree with you that he did not look healthy. He didn't look good when he came in to tell us all that we were getting laid off in January.

Besides that, he didn't look like a person that did any exercise whatsoever. I doubt he could lift a bag over his head, let alone up from a carousel. And the beer gut coupled with the wrinkled attire made me think of someone who gets limoed to a park bench. Not saying he's drinking again, mind you, because we're all supposed to be over that and moving on or something......

Maybe he should consider hitting the gym, or if he is, hitting it harder. I'm sure they have one out there at headquarters - most companies provide them now. If he eats right, gets some decent rest, stays away from temptation and enjoys his winter out west, he should be good to go for another round of right-sizing and profiteer.......oops! I meant to say synergy creation in the Spring.

As far as what he said... Well, I don't see any reason to give him a play-by-play analysis of his appearance on television. Making gaffes in his behavior is what makes him so obvious to the rest of the aviation and investment world. If I list them here, he might not make them again, and that would be a shame for those who haven't seen him in action yet.

Basically, he is what his airline is. Maybe he can reflect upon that during the holidays.

Latest posts

Back