CNBC

Skin is red and puffy = sign of alcohol abuse
initially, i thought he looked like an oompa loompa…but, then it occurred to me that Dahl created oompa loompas to be innovative and creative…and then it occurred to me the DoUgIe is neither.

He reminds me of a sloppy, beer guzzling frat boy. He is very unpolished and nothing like the other CEOs. I was glad to see him in a suit though. I was afraid he would be sporting a Hawaiian shirt or a polo. If I ever look chubby like him I hope somebody does an intervention! For real!

So when Parker brings you a big fat profit sharing check, all you can do is complain about his voice and waistline? Quick, back to your copy of "What To Complain About " Vol. MMLXVIII

So when Parker brings you a big fat profit sharing check, all you can do is complain about his voice and waistline? Quick, back to your copy of "What To Complain About " Vol. MMLXVIII
And that check is brought to you by the East’s

If it were only West there would be no profit to share.
Without west taking over there wouldn't be an airline, let alone a profit to share. You need both sides of the equation to make money, both sides would have tanked without the other. HP in bankruptcy and US would have ended up like TWA.

Without west taking over there wouldn't be an airline, let alone a profit to share. You need both sides of the equation to make money, both sides would have tanked without the other. HP in bankruptcy and US would have ended up like TWA.
So what is the money-making equation today? We don't need the West sucking money out of the equation--make it a satellite base for PHL!

Maybe lack of sleep is the underlying reason for Parker's appearance. I doubt he sleeps very well with all that is going on in his personal life (DUI and the unending scrutiny it has spawned, possibly still battling the bottle...and these are the things that we know about,) and what is going on with the airline. He's likely nervous that the consolidation will start and end without him. Not that he's worried what will happen to USAirways (and its employees,) but that he will not be able to either cash out big time or become CEO of a major industry player. The fact that the unions are being very resistant to accepting joint contracts will very effectively keep him out of the consolidation game, and that, no doubt, scares the bejeezus out of him.

So what is the money-making equation today? We don't need the West sucking money out of the equation--make it a satellite base for PHL!
Is this being purposely offensive to the west side employees? Is this to stir the pot?

When we were a derelict NE regional airline that wasn't making money( vs. Alaska which is a NW regional airline that has survived quite nicely) we were going nowhere fast.

It's old U thinking, which got us nowhere and it's a cheap shot.

Maybe lack of sleep is the underlying reason for Parker's appearance. I doubt he sleeps very well with all that is going on in his personal life (DUI and the unending scrutiny it has spawned, possibly still battling the bottle...and these are the things that we know about,) and what is going on with the airline. He's likely nervous that the consolidation will start and end without him. Not that he's worried what will happen to USAirways (and its employees,) but that he will not be able to either cash out big time or become CEO of a major industry player. The fact that the unions are being very resistant to accepting joint contracts will very effectively keep him out of the consolidation game, and that, no doubt, scares the bejeezus out of him.

I can agree with all of what you stated. I self-edited the rest of this post. Something about karma......it's a tricky thing. :rolleyes:

Latest posts