CNBC

It is the east union contracts that provides the language that allows for the profit sharing checks
Speaking only about the two pilot groups, that used to be the case but hasn't been since the transition agreement was signed.

Jim

Industry consolidation will likely occur, but not until the credit markets recover from the sub-prime mortgage mess. Large institutional investors often indirectly fund large mergers, and many of them have been burned and are pulling their money out of risky investments. Airline profits are notoriously sensitive to economic downturns and with oil prices on the rise and an imminent slowing of the U.S. economy, M&A money is on the sidelines waiting to see what happens.

When the time is right and the capital is available, I'm sure we will see additional mergers and the airline business will follow the Big 3 automakers and the major oil companies in limiting choice and price which will only benefit Wall Street and those who provide the money for the mergers.

Who let you onto Jekyll Island to see the Big Picture? B)

Is this being purposely offensive to the west side employees? Is this to stir the pot?

When we were a derelict NE regional airline that wasn't making money( vs. Alaska which is a NW regional airline that has survived quite nicely) we were going nowhere fast.

It's old U thinking, which got us nowhere and it's a cheap shot.
Thank you. Sincerely, Mama

This place is a dump. Don't let the profits fool ya. Even a cheap, ugly hooker can produce some $$. :lol:

I embrace both my East AND West brothas and sistas. We are not all like that just as stated above. I STILL think US is the ugly hooker at the airline party though. :lol:

We're not even classy enough to be called a hooker. We are just giving out handies in a hooptie behind the Wawa.

ABOULSTLY TRUE... the PROFIT SHARING CHECKS come from the negoiations with the EAST CWA UNION already in place and finally our so called WEST folks FINALLY decided to vot Teamsters for customer service... what toooookkkkk you sssssssooooooooooo long. man it took us along time but in a matter of 6 months of a merger WE got a contract. if not you would have been still waiting 1-3 yrs for a contract..and you agre getting pay raises alot alot alot faster then you would have...

Latest posts