Codeshare?

Bob Owens

Veteran
Sep 9, 2002
14,274
6,112
I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with the code share process and how it works? Could AA be inflating thier losses through codeshare? Especially through Eagle?
 

Wild Onion

Advanced
Aug 21, 2002
120
0
The losses are being incurred by AMR, not just AA. Check out the investor relations section of www.amrcorp.com

Codeshare (with Eagle) is just a way to keep the airlines' operations separate, while sharing the revenue.
 

Connected1

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
332
0
[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/3/2003 7:17:18 AM Bob Owens wrote:

I was just wondering if anyone is familiar with the code share process and how it works? Could AA be inflating thier losses through codeshare? Especially through Eagle?
----------------
[/blockquote]
If anything, AE doesn't get enough credit for being a respectable airline. A change of accounting procedures in January will better reflect AE's value to AMR.
 

jetdryvr

Member
Jan 24, 2003
88
0
American Eagle made a profot in the 3rd and 4th quarter of 2002. AA, well lost money. AE has been profitable even with AMR's method of doing business that robs revenue from AE to help AA's bottom line.
 
Aug 20, 2002
664
50
[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/3/2003 1:29:50 PM Connected1 wrote:

[/blockquote]
If anything, AE doesn't get enough credit for being a respectable airline. A change of accounting procedures in January will better reflect AE's value to AMR.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Could you provide some details on these new procedures?
 
Aug 20, 2002
10,015
675
www.usaviation.com
A/E has been(sort of), AA's low cost division, except they (A/E) never charged low cost fares.

I been "harping" on these boards that A/E was AA's most dangerous tool, to be used against the competition.

Looks like we're(soon) about to see just how valuable A/E is.
(Just my opinion), for a concession, I'm all for merging ALL the union seniority lists, from all departments(Pilots,F/A's, and ramp and Amt's, BEFORE ANY wage concessions are made from main line AA unionized workers.

When I say "merged" I mean 1 for 1.

The fact that the pilots(APA) are already talking about it, makes me think that it's about to become a "total" reality, sooner, than later.

I may be wrong about this(and anybody with concrete knowlege, please step in) ( "E" Oleson comes to mind),
I think the MOST senior union people at A/E are around "85/86".

NH/BB's
 

jetdryvr

Member
Jan 24, 2003
88
0
Pilot wise we have 20 year plus guys but the majority will fall after 1985 with the last half being 1997 and later. A movement is underfoot to merge the list but an acceptable solution is far from happening. As it is the proposals are very unbalenced in APA's favor. While we all hope to see a solution that works for all and AMR, the current APA and AMR ideas will not work.
 

AA80Driver

Advanced
Jan 16, 2003
111
0
[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/3/2003 3:58:36 PM jetdryvr wrote:

American Eagle made a profot in the 3rd and 4th quarter of 2002. AA, well lost money. AE has been profitable even with AMR's method of doing business that robs revenue from AE to help AA's bottom line.
----------------
[/blockquote]

What was Eagle's profit? Where does AMR report this information in their financials?
 

AA80Driver

Advanced
Jan 16, 2003
111
0
[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/4/2003 9:16:48 AM jetdryvr wrote:

Pilot wise we have 20 year plus guys but the majority will fall after 1985 with the last half being 1997 and later. A movement is underfoot to merge the list but an acceptable solution is far from happening. As it is the proposals are very unbalenced in APA's favor. While we all hope to see a solution that works for all and AMR, the current APA and AMR ideas will not work.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Sorry, but anything other than a staple will be D.O.A.. The AA pilot group already has too much bad merger integration blood to go down this road again. Air Cal, Reno, TWA. There are also 1,000+ former eagle pilots (off the street hires as well as flow through) on the list. As much as many would like "one list", the votes will just not be there for an integration, so an agreement that's acceptable to you will not pass the muster at APA.

It's all a moot point anyway because AMR is never going to agree to anything that's acceptable to either pilot group anyway.
 

jetdryvr

Member
Jan 24, 2003
88
0
AA80,

I tend to agree with your comments on integration. AMR is counting on the Eagle guys not liking the current proposal and has already threatened to sell AE if a merger happened. Never the less I see no reason why allowing ourselves to become furlough bait for APA and give up any movement for the next several years just so APA can get their furloughs off the street holds any merit. The proposal from APA and AMR would forever be damaging to the pilots of American Eagle.
 

jetdryvr

Member
Jan 24, 2003
88
0
This information is available on jetnet. Typically AMR does not seperate out the two in the end of the year reports. I believe the 4th quarter number was abit over 1 Million dollars. This is with AMR robbing revenue and over charging AE for services that could be gotten cheaper from other sources.

Here is a portion of the eaglewire dated special Jan22,2003

While American Eagle results aren't broken out separately in the AMR figures, Eagle reported a small quarterly pre-tax profit of $1.1 million for the fourth quarter and a loss of $35.2 million for the full year. On a per departure basis, in the fourth quarter Eagle generated $2,607 in revenues while expenses totaled $2,599, generating a pre-tax profit of $8 per departure. For the full year, revenue equaled $2,678 and expenses $2,746 per departure for an average loss of $68 for each Eagle departure in 2002.
 
Aug 20, 2002
664
50
[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/3/2003 10:29:46 PM NewHampshire Black Bears wrote:

I think the MOST senior union people at A/E are around "85/86".

NH/BB's
----------------
[/blockquote]


As far as mechanics go, the number 1 seniority guy has a 1976 date. The number 2 guy has a 1982 date. The majority of the guys, just a little over 50%, have a seniority date of 1/1/1997 or later. There are about 1000 Eagle mechanics.

The number 1 ramper has a 1981 seniority date. The number 65 ramper has a 1990 seniority date. There are about 1550 rampers.
 
Aug 20, 2002
664
50
[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/4/2003 11:02:54 AM AA80Driver wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------

Sorry, but anything other than a staple will be D.O.A..

----------------
[/blockquote]

Then D.O.A. it is.
 

AAmech

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
766
1
I know the APA leadership has been wanting "One Carrier". But is it their idea that the Eagle pilots will be "stapled"?