Coffee Burns Boy On Airliner

EyeInTheSky said:
SKY HIGH, apparently you weren't around when this airline did the notorious PIT-PHL BREAKFAST tray flights on the 727-200. Usually it was that nasty long maroon tray with pancakes and bacon along with a full beverage service. I seem to recall a wheels up, wheels down flight time of 28 minutes once and the entire cabin was served and picked up. Nevermind if anybody had time to finish their meal. That flight used to get dumped on the new hires and junior pukes as a right of passage into our fair airline. I am not saying it was a good idea but the fact remains the flight attendants did their job and got on with it.

.........apples and oranges. The service was done with 5 flight attendants/4 flight attendants on the 737-300 back then with NO first class. Additionally, it had a DIFFERENT TYPE BEVERAGE CART.
The airbus cart tends to be TOP HEAVY. The shuttle used to have the A-320 on the route, that's 150 passengers per 3 flight attendants. No easy task.

firstamendment said:
Wrong!!, Its away from everyone. If a cart tips over, it isn't going to matter if the coffee pot is half empty or full. On the bottom, the worst that will happen is spilling on the carpet.

Who cares if you bend...so on a 5 pm flight, you bend down for beer and wine alot...you lost credability there.
Careful, your "juniority" is showing.

SKYHIGH, if you were here you would remember it was that awful basket type cart that everything fell out of. Not saying serving 150 people is easy, but its the nature of the profession and the aviation business. I was recently on a Delta Shuttle flight and a US Airways Shuttle flight and both crews served full cabins between LGA-DCA with no problems. If there is no turbulence, there's no excuse not to be able to serve 150 people.

Latest posts