Colgan Q400 flying

markkus757

Veteran
Jul 26, 2004
anyone have any updates on when, where, etc. the Q400 flying is going to start? I know the landing gear issues with the aircraft have at least delayed things, but there has been no news on this in a while.

anyone have any updates on when, where, etc. the Q400 flying is going to start? I know the landing gear issues with the aircraft have at least delayed things, but there has been no news on this in a while.

word is proving runs start this week

Does anyone know of a link to a picture of an actual (not computer aided) Pinnacle new Q400? Airliners.net is typically were I check for pictires first, but even they have yet to have a Continental Connection Q400 posted.

That Q400 is sweet looking in CO livery. I hope that the Q will find its way back to ISP - either to reinstate the EWR hop (which can work like the LAX-SNA which is always full), or perhaps it might make ISP-CLE economical, and that seems like an acceptable stage length--the Q400 is exceptionally fast for a turboprop.

It's amazing how cyclical things are--back in the early 90's they were talking unducted fans, which were in a way turboprops-later from 1995 on or so, RJ's were the hot thing, now you have a turboprop looking to replace RJ's. Goes to show you what goes around comes around...

My BEST to you all....

That Q400 is sweet looking in CO livery. I hope that the Q will find its way back to ISP - either to reinstate the EWR hop (which can work like the LAX-SNA which is always full), or perhaps it might make ISP-CLE economical, and that seems like an acceptable stage length--the Q400 is exceptionally fast for a turboprop.

It's amazing how cyclical things are--back in the early 90's they were talking unducted fans, which were in a way turboprops-later from 1995 on or so, RJ's were the hot thing, now you have a turboprop looking to replace RJ's. Goes to show you what goes around comes around...

My BEST to you all....
Interesting that the first good picture of Continental Connections' first Q400 is shown on the the link found on the US Airways message board (page 3).

http://www.usaviation.com/forums/index.php...40&start=40