Come Work at US Airways !

polkadot1

Oct 21, 2006
:down:

I cannot believe what US Airways pays the CAR employee to start ! $7.52 an hour....Wow !!!! Ya think one can survive on that amount when only getting 26-28 hours a week?

Think not.

Now you have to remember that there are taxes and union dues and uniform deduction to also be taken out of pay as well.

Gee I wonder if the CEO of the company could live on those wages ! I am betting he could not...

This is the 21st century for heavens sake.

Heck at Lowe's Motor Speedway for Race Week they paid $11.00 an hour to pick up trash.....No brain work or any special skills for that ....

And they wonder why they have such a turnover.......Can't imagine why can you !

Shame on management ! One could get food stamps and welfare and not have to put up with all the bull!!!

Thanks !

26-28 hours a week sounds like part time work to me. So I am guessing that these people hired will be looking for a suplemental income. As for the union dues well I will not go there.

26-28 hours a week sounds like part time work to me. So I am guessing that these people hired will be looking for a suplemental income. As for the union dues well I will not go there.

Well that theroy of "suplemental income" might work, but I don't believe they are the same shift all the time with the same days off.

:angry:

In response to the others who responded to the original message of " Come Work for US Air "

The person that was offered the CAR job was told something entirely different on phone when called by US Air.

They were given a rate of 9.59/hr for CS Ticket Agent but when they got to the interview they were told that they could not get on as CS Ticket Agent working the counter and should take the CAR one for 7.52/hr.

It is quite disturbing to get the bad news.

The person wanted full time and was willing to work extra hours at the 9.59/hr but that is not the way it turned out.

My guess is that the Airline is not keeping its end of the deal.

What a shame ! Such a large company and they cannot pay decent wages for people who are willing to work hard and climb their way up the ladder...

To me 7.52 is pocket change and insult to anyone in this day and time looking for full time work.

Thanks !

I went for the CSR position in Phoenix and they offered $8.10 per hour. I went out of curiousity but I did not take it. As nice as it would be to fly for free if im not getting paid decent then whats the point of flying for free? Cant really pay for a hotel on that pay rate. As much as I would like to get into the airline industry.... its just not worth it.

I

:angry:

In response to the others who responded to the original message of " Come Work for US Air "

The person that was offered the CAR job was told something entirely different on phone when called by US Air.

They were given a rate of 9.59/hr for CS Ticket Agent but when they got to the interview they were told that they could not get on as CS Ticket Agent working the counter and should take the CAR one for 7.52/hr.

It is quite disturbing to get the bad news.

The person wanted full time and was willing to work extra hours at the 9.59/hr but that is not the way it turned out.

My guess is that the Airline is not keeping its end of the deal.

What a shame ! Such a large company and they cannot pay decent wages for people who are willing to work hard and climb their way up the ladder...

To me 7.52 is pocket change and insult to anyone in this day and time looking for full time work.

Thanks !

I don't think the government offers flight benefits though..
Flight benefits are not as great as many people may think. First off, there needs to be an open seat for you to put your Butt in. Second, you need money to spend when you reach your destination. Sorry to inform you, but if you earn $7 an hour, chances are that you won't have much spare cash on hand. Many are lured by the "Free" flying, but the novilty wears off in a hurry. You get free food at
Micky Dee's too, and the pay may even be a bit higher...

Flight benefits are not as great as many people may think. First off, there needs to be an open seat for you to put your Butt in. Second, you need money to spend when you reach your destination. Sorry to inform you, but if you earn $7 an hour, chances are that you won't have much spare cash on hand. Many are lured by the "Free" flying, but the novilty wears off in a hurry. You get free food at
Micky Dee's too, and the pay may even be a bit higher...
The Burger King in my town is advertising $9.75/hr to start with a $100.00 sign on bonus. An extra .25/hr if you work the closing shift. An extra $100.00 bonus every 3 months for the first year.

Bottom line, the wages are an insult. As for flying FORGET IT. As others have said you will have no money & that's IF you can find a flight that's not full. There are many higher paying jobs with better benefits.
The people I know in c/s are telling me US is getting the bottom of the barrell just as is fleet service.

Bottom line, the wages are an insult. As for flying FORGET IT. As others have said you will have no money & that's IF you can find a flight that's not full. There are many higher paying jobs with better benefits.
The people I know in c/s are telling me US is getting the bottom of the barrell just as is fleet service.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I've held off posting this for a while now.
(I get NO "thrill" predicting a demise for hard working people, NO MATTER what the paint scheme is, on the aluminum.

But there are ominous signs(clouds) appearing on LCC's horizon.

1. (potential) "bad" fuel hedging ($$$)
2. Parker NEVER being able to fix PHL
3. NO sign of Parker being able to run an "east coast" airline.

4. chances of getting into Asia(especially China)...Slim to none (possible PHL/NRT excluded)

5. DL/SW/B6 eating LCC's lunch.(Slowly, but eating none the less)
6. PISSED OFF employees(Yes, just like AA)

I realize the stock is staying Healthy, but the problems DON'T go away.

Oddly enough the one thing that this "rookie"/Parker IS good at, is CONNING banks into giving him $$$ Money.

With his DREAMS of becoming the next Bob CRANDALL, and his thirst for consolidation, "RUN LIKE HEL-" if this fool comes nosing around anyone else's carrier, with a bag full of money in tow.

This is a scenario(LCC) that bears CLOSE watching !!

NH/BB's

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

I've held off posting this for a while now.
(I get NO "thrill" predicting a demise for hard working people, NO MATTER what the paint scheme is, on the aluminum.

But there are ominous signs(clouds) appearing on LCC's horizon.

1. (potential) "bad" fuel hedging ($$$)
2. Parker NEVER being able to fix PHL
3. NO sign of Parker being able to run an "east coast" airline.

4. chances of getting into Asia(especially China)...Slim to none (possible PHL/NRT excluded)

5. DL/SW/B6 eating LCC's lunch.(Slowly, but eating none the less)
6. PISSED OFF employees(Yes, just like AA)

I realize the stock is staying Healthy, but the problems DON'T go away.

Oddly enough the one thing that this "rookie"/Parker IS good at, is CONNING banks into giving him $$$ Money.

With his DREAMS of becoming the next Bob CRANDALL, and his thirst for consolidation, "RUN LIKE HEL-" if this fool comes nosing around anyone else's carrier, with a bag full of money in tow.

This is a scenario(LCC) that bears CLOSE watching !!

NH/BB's

Bob CRANDALL was not a genius, he was an opportunist. He was responsible for the proliferation of frequent flyer mileage, which trained the flying public that they deserve to fly free. He started the B scale for employees. Conducted questionable business practices to cause the demise of Braniff. Came in this industry when the legacy carriers at the time were poorly able to handle the Airline Deregulation Act in 1978. After profiting from these pyramid type schemes he knew when to leave the industry. “Always leave them wanting more.” quote from Bobby Womack.

After his departure, his deeds left American with a competitive advantage and pile of cash that helped them weather the changes in this industry

A lot of companies pay similiar (and even lower) wages for entry level work.

Not any that I have run across, unless it is McDonalds.....

Thank you for all that information.

The person wants to get a job not go on welfare or foodstamps so having put this out there it much appreciated with the honest respones I have been getting.

I also feel bad for all of you who have been there for a long time and got your pay cut so much with all the bull that has been going on for a while.

It is a shame that they pay the CEO's so much when the loyal long time employees end up getting the wrong end of the stick.

A lot of companies pay similiar (and even lower) wages for entry level work.
Leave those jobs for the illegals to fill. I don't know of anyone else who could even try to live off those wages. My kid works P/T 3 days a week in an Ice Cream store, and is in that ballpark. I have no idea where you live, but a $10 an hour job in my area won't even cut it anymore. :eek: