Commercials

I was just looking at the Piedmont commercials.....The one"Piedmont vs No frills airlines" was filmed in EWR at or gates and what would become our tkt ctr today.Tthe funny thing was the no frills A/C was a PI plane with the name covered over and to simulate a PE flt a water truck was used to make it rain.
Hey Doug,
You have a s#it load of great old commercials from all the companies....use them over.......Save some of the ad monies and have the old ones retooled. The Up and comming airline. Perfect for the new US.The PSA smile. All the stuff from HP's past...dare it,use them......Get a spokesperson...we had Mclean Stevenson....was a nice guy and made our ads memorable...... :up:

I agree that PI did have a very good Marketing Dept. along with some catchy commercials. Those were the days when the Airline actually stood up to the competition instead of running from it...
P.S.... I was in EWR with you in the Heydays of the PI/PE fare wars....

I was a fan of the USAir Beings With You ads... especially the one with a little boy and his father in a field watching a US plane take off.

I've got a few of them on my computer.

That was the best commercial USAir ever had.. My personal favorite as well.

You should post a link to it.. I would love to see it again.

JAXPax said:
I was a fan of the USAir Beings With You ads... especially the one with a little boy and his father in a field watching a US plane take off.

I've got a few of them on my computer.
[post="307673"][/post]​

At the end of CSR training in PIT they played a video of all the old commercials from all the airlines. But the 757 one just stood out. Hands down the best airline commercial ever! I would do almost anything to get my hands on a copy of that video.

I was just in SAN today and overheard pax talking about the PSA plane...as such, I think it would be very wise to revitalize the pax in that the new U has parts from all over the country that are particularly nostaglic for them and capitalize on that fact..to include the original AWA paint job as well for those folks...cover ALL the bases...smart PR move if you ask me.

Airline tickets - $600.00; Watching planes with my grandpa - Priceless!

Attachments

• Watching_planes_with_Grandpa__6_6_99.jpg
    Watching_planes_with_Grandpa__6_6_99.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 595
Love the "Where are We?" one. I sometimes still feel that way on my way to work when the planes fly over I85.

Thanks for posting them. :up:

Now thats Pittsburgh, Runway 28R holding area waiting for departure.. At dinner time you can find 20 people out there watching the planes take off..

nores4me said:
Airline tickets - $600.00; Watching planes with my grandpa - Priceless!
[post="307824"][/post]​

tahitigirl said:
How about bringing back some of the old commercials?

piedmont commercials
psa commercials
[post="307321"][/post]​
Well, I shouldn't have watched the old PI commercials...I took the EO in res and watching the commercials is the first time in over a month that I got choked up and felt like crying. I really wish things had turned out differently. To those that remain, may you recapture the excitement and pride you had when you were a new hire. You have my best wishes and heartfelt hope that this is a new beginning!

Did anyone by chance save or know where the video of, I think it was N700UW, making its first flight at Airbus? They aren't available at their old location, and they were always nice to watch every now and then.