Commuting on Southwest

is this the new galley comedy thread?
This thread has lost its subject. Bottom line, if you want to commute on WN, it's first come, first served. Stand aside til the agent calls you, when called please board quickly and take a seat in the back of the plane. WN employeess are asked to leave the front of the aircraft to paying customers, so we generally sit behind the wing. Please and thank you are words we all like to hear. We are happy to have you aboard, but with 20-25 minute turns, we are usually in a hurry. Please cooperate and everyone will get where they want to go. Thank you....

This thread is too funny :lol: :lol: :lol:

First, it seems that SWA has to make 'rules' due to another airline's employees that think they are owed things that, well, they aren't!

Then it seems that the 'good' employees of said airline have to justify the actions of the majority of law-abiders.

LUV and LCC remind me of the Soup Nazi and George Costanza from a Seinfeld episode. SouthWest is ruled by a nazi regime, while US is pure anarchy like George. It was George who was demanding and didn't get his soup. Then it was George who pushed his luck and was able to compromise for the soup.

WN seems to not put up with crap from paying customers, if you follow the headlines, I doubt LUV will let free-riders dictate what THEY want! But the few might end up hurting the majority. :ph34r:

Maybe the benefit should be dropped on the PIT-PHL-PIT flights only since that seems to be the only city pairs that are having any issues. This issue was also brought up a few months ago in an AFA MEC letter to the flight attendants so it is a pretty good bet that it's true. This is a huge benefit to all the flight attendants at US....and I am sure most every one of us would be pretty upset...to put it mildly...if we lost this benefit due to the few of us who think they are the special ones.

As usual a few stupid people are only thinking about themselves and are going to end up ruining it for everyone.

When you run [USAirways] then you[r] opinion of what they should or shouldn't do will count. Here's a News Flash, [LCC] doesn't give a Rat's Arse what you think or [how important you think you are]. They have their policies and those that don't like them can drive or [fly] someone else.
I've changed a couple of relevant parts.

This is an interesting philosophy for you to espouse. Bit of a double standard?

Since when do we (non revenue passengers) believe we should expect royalty when boarding stand-by on another carrier. For those of you with many years of flying non-rev the rules are the same-shut your trap, be respectful and wait for your name to be called. If it is not called, wait until all revenue passengers have been taken care of and ask politely what your options are for the next flight. This is one subject I cannot argue, it is a benefit for us all and should be taken seriously. We all know what it is like for the gate agent trying to get the passengers and stand-by passengers on in very little time. Stop acting up on WN or we will all lose this benefit.

PR

Maybe the benefit should be dropped on the PIT-PHL-PIT flights only since that seems to be the only city pairs that are having any issues. This issue was also brought up a few months ago in an AFA MEC letter to the flight attendants so it is a pretty good bet that it's true. This is a huge benefit to all the flight attendants at US....and I am sure most every one of us would be pretty upset...to put it mildly...if we lost this benefit due to the few of us who think they are the special ones.
Obviously you are from the West side...if they would drop the PIT-PHL-PIT segments benefit then none of those SR people wpuld be able to get to work because the brainiac's in Tempe pulled almost all jets on that route and it's all RJs. The SR people wouldn't be able to get to work, aren't willing to move and would have to quit....now THAT would move you up in seniority wouldn't it ?
Here's my suggestion---if they pull the benefits for the PIT/PHL people, let's do the same for those on the West side.
Get a clue!!!

Obviously you are from the West side...if they would drop the PIT-PHL-PIT segments benefit then none of those SR people wpuld be able to get to work because the brainiac's in Tempe pulled almost all jets on that route and it's all RJs. The SR people wouldn't be able to get to work, aren't willing to move and would have to quit....now THAT would move you up in seniority wouldn't it ?
Here's my suggestion---if they pull the benefits for the PIT/PHL people, let's do the same for those on the West side.
Get a clue!!!

I don't get the point. What I see is that people and companies are making choices.

LCC made a choice to leave PIT and close the base there.

WN made a choice to enter into agreements to allow reciprocal cost-free non-rev space to other airline personnel.

Some people communting to/from PIT made a choice to argue about the specific rules of carriage for this benefit, including attempting to carry LCC seniority issues over to LUV.

LUV may make a choice to either exclude PIT-PHL non-rev or simply abandon the agreement as far as LCC is concerned.

Folks make a choice to work for LCC and commute to a job that pays poorly, which increases their costs for being able to work at a job that does not compensate them for time and travel expenses to get to work.

So, before it is too late, folks need to make a choice whether to behave properly on LUV, move to their base, quit their job or commute by car to their job in an era of rising gasoline costs.

So, before it is too late, folks need to make a choice whether to behave properly on LUV, move to their base, quit their job or commute by car to their job in an era of rising gasoline costs.

Couldn't agree with you more! If "certain not all" ruin this beautiful thing SWA had generously offered "ALL" of us, not just the PIT commuters, it would be a sad day for us all. US owes absolutely nothing to the PIT commuters, unfortunately that's just the way the cookie crumbles....you deal and move on or move out! I was based there for almost 12 years and left because the writing was on the wall almost 5 years ago, if you want to keep the job then you place yourself where you need to be....plain and simple! Most of us have been doing that for years and years now! It's nothing new! :rolleyes:

I don't get the point. What I see is that people and companies are making choices.

WN made a choice to enter into agreements to allow reciprocal cost-free non-rev space to other airline personnel.

Some people communting to/from PIT made a choice to argue about the specific rules of carriage for this benefit, including attempting to carry LCC seniority issues over to LUV.

LUV may make a choice to either exclude PIT-PHL non-rev or simply abandon the agreement as far as LCC is concerned.

Folks make a choice to work for LCC and commute to a job that pays poorly, which increases their costs for being able to work at a job that does not compensate them for time and travel expenses to get to work.

:up:

Don't be surprised if you hear, "No Seat For U!"

On friday , there were 97 non revs listed for a WN PHL-PIT flight , what an ugly scene when 12 got on.

Perfect example of why I leave myself at least 2 backup flights that will still get me to base in time for sign-in. You can just never depend upon those selfish other f/as not taking a your flight. :lol:

Commuting by choice is bad enough, but being practically forced to commute s**ks. I did a voluntary TPA-PHL commute for a few years and ended up transfering and moving to base. I can only imagine how tough it is for the "new" PIT commuters. What can I say ... I feel for you.

While I no longer commute from PIT-PHL and did choose to move, I think it's crappy for you to suggest that a benefit be pulled from one city and not all of them. There are those "new" commuters that need to be banned for bad behavior or need to learn to act correctly via a call to professional standards perhaps. My point is that a few bad apples should not ruin it for ALL who commute by the rules in just a certain city. If you think LUV should ban the cabin agreement for only PIT people then it should be system wide. We hear all the bad stuff about commuting between PIT-PHL because there are so many of them..... the base used to have 3500 F/As. Most of whom know commuting etiquette so why should they be punished?

Back