Commuting on Southwest

While I no longer commute from PIT-PHL and did choose to move, I think it's crappy for you to suggest that a benefit be pulled from one city and not all of them.

This is what I said:

"LUV may make a choice to either exclude PIT-PHL non-rev or simply abandon the agreement as far as LCC is concerned."

Where did I allegedly say that it should be pulled from one city pair rather than all of them?

If this is only happening in the PIT-PHL market, why not just keep a list of troublemakers in PIT and PHL and deprive them of the privilege. As many have mentioned, it's always a few bad apples that spoil it for everyone. Well. then the list will be relatively short. As soon as word gets out that the first 5 or 10 troublemakers have been blackballed, the entire problem will vanish like magic. I know it's a bit of a burden on the SWA agents, but believe me it won't last long once word gets out about the policy. Airlines pull pass privileges all the time for troublemakers in their own system, why not for consistent "bad apples" commuting out of PIT?

This is what I said:

"LUV may make a choice to either exclude PIT-PHL non-rev or simply abandon the agreement as far as LCC is concerned."

Where did I allegedly say that it should be pulled from one city pair rather than all of them?
My bad, it was hpflygirl that suggested in post #66 that: "Maybe the benefit should be dropped on the PIT-PHL-PIT flights only since that seems to be the only city pairs that are having any issues." Sorry, got you two confused.

If this is only happening in the PIT-PHL market, why not just keep a list of troublemakers in PIT and PHL and deprive them of the privilege. As many have mentioned, it's always a few bad apples that spoil it for everyone. Well. then the list will be relatively short. As soon as word gets out that the first 5 or 10 troublemakers have been blackballed, the entire problem will vanish like magic. I know it's a bit of a burden on the SWA agents, but believe me it won't last long once word gets out about the policy. Airlines pull pass privileges all the time for troublemakers in their own system, why not for consistent "bad apples" commuting out of PIT?
I had heard that already from past incidences that people were banned....which if they've behaved badly when we are so fortunate to have this deal, then they should not be allowed to fly LUV.
I don't think however it would be fair to punish a whole city of commuters for the behavior of a few idots who just don't get it. Like I said in my previous post at the beginning of this thread. I sit down, shut up and don't ask for a thing.

Commuting by choice is bad enough, ...

Commuting is always a choice. Unfortunately, we are victimized by the closing and downsizing of bases but we all have the choice to commute, move and live in base or quit. Do the LAX, SAN & SFO commuters still feel like victims after all these years? When those bases were closing I don't remember hearing half the whining that we do with the closing of PIT. As commuters we have no choice but to suck it up.
Now, as for this jumpseat topic - this horse is dead. It's already been beat to death several times over.

I still love this pic of the image of the PIT FA's trying to get back home

Attachments

• 14299491_e6875c21e6.jpg
    14299491_e6875c21e6.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 184
I don’t get it why? Some senior US employees do not under stand a very long standing interline agreements with every kind of boarding priority (jumpseat front and back ID90,75,20 ZED terminal agreements freebees etc.. Carrier in the world is first come first serve. Noting has change in the past 30+ years…….

:unsure: What???? How are these youngsters trying to hurt the well earned rights of senior folks???? Geez...
My only point to GH was that the IRS values the real cost of driving at .50/mile. It isn't just gas. And love Honda, but all the kids love the Prius and she would be more popular with the army of youngsters who are trying to hurt the well-earned rights of the senior folks displaced from a world-class hub.

Well Joan you have no "rights" on SWA. Wrap your arms around that first. First come, first serve means exactly that, don't need an MBA from Wharton to figure that out.

And it doesn't take one to figure out they are JOKING either......

Piney, you have been had again!!!!

You shouldn't come on here after Happy Hour!!!

Back