Company Co*unters Afa "relief Proposal)

PITbull

Veteran
Dec 29, 2002
www.usaviation.com
*Unofficial communication.

AFA MEC just received a Co. counter which will be coming across the MEC E-line shortly.

Highlights: (at short glance)

*14.5%, no "deferral" concept. Wont pay us back after 2 consequitive quarter profits

*Increase Rsv guarantee by 2 hours (73) if the co. c/s requests to increase our hours by 5 hours or 10 hours.

*Vacation daily rate reduce according to a new chart

*Sick sucks...and you get 50% pay only and 100% credit towards time. However, can't explain it, cause I don't understand it at a short glance.

*this is an interim proposal andexpires on 3/1/05

*Co. will withdraw the 1113e motion, if the AFA MEC signs on the dotted line.

*OJI Salary cont. reduced by 50%

All premiums reduce including understaffing on Itd AND meal expense amount for all groups.

F/A need to respond to the AFA MEC. Thursday, we face the judge on the motion of 23% only 6 months. No other provisions have been motioned by the co. except increase flying 5 to 10 hours, and in case of resignations unforseen, they want to hire if needed. This is what is before the judge. The rest above isextra. Co. wants $5.4 million from our group monthly. for 6 months. Or until they slam us with another long-term concession proposal for the next 5 or 6 years.

I say NO.
Write to the MEC.

I say, if the jduge implements the 23%, its all over for all of labor...

We go to the streets with massive pickets displaying our dissent.

AFA has sent a counter to the co. today. 10% wage cut and the "deferral"stays, When c/s requests 5 or 10 hours flying by everyone, the rsrv guarantee will increase by 2 hours (73) for 5 hours of flying or 4 hours (75) for 10 hours of flying, ITD (75 hours) no matter what the request of increase in flying is.
Company promises to to monitor closely "over fly"..yea right!

They also will hold us to the max flying obligation with discipline if we don't get there. Also AFA has proposed 50% pay and no credit for DH. :down:

There is more, however, it will be posted on the E-line

"We go to the streets with massive pickets displaying our dissent."

You go to the streets, you stay on the street.

That's the way it works in Chapter 11.

traderjake said:
"We go to the streets with massive pickets displaying our dissent."
You go to the streets, you stay on the street.

That's the way it works in Chapter 11.
[post="187763"][/post]​
No it’s not! That is the way your fear works.....

Think about this: If management is so fired sure the judge will give them all they want with no trouble, then why are they even asking AFA or any union to take this or else. Why don't they simply leave it up to their legal slayer, the judge. If the MUST show they tried why are they giving even what they are if they are so sure the judge will side with them.

I say to hell with them completely and bring on the judge.

I also think labor should be united and EVERY union should petition the courts for a new management team to see U thru this, what is there to lose at this point....

At the co. 14.4% wage cut, and being that many will be furloughed and we will have to incoporate added expenses of commuting....on top of severe wage cuts and increase in medical in Jan.

Company survival...just won't matter.

Some of the MEC would be more inclined to approve this "interim" in exchange for the "deferral".

WE WANT THE MONEY BACK!

Even family members pay back loans.

firstamendment said:
Can you say Eastern?
[post="187780"][/post]​
I certainly can. This outfit is as about as stable as MOUNT ST. HELENS.

At this point it takes more faith to think it will survive then vanish.

What they are asking the employees will assure failure because it's like sticking a stake into their hearts and we are no even the vampires, they are!

I know the word is spreading about the upcoming PHL AFA Local Meeting and people are going to let the leader of our most powerful base (also a member if the negotiating team) know how they feel. She better reserve a big room at the Marriott. Huh.... guess I will be making 23% less in less than a week.

USAirBoyA330 said:
I know the word is spreading about the upcoming PHL AFA Local Meeting and people are going to let the leader of our most powerful base (also a member if the negotiating team) know how they feel. She better reserve a big room at the Marriott. Huh.... guess I will be making 23% less in less than a week.
[post="187854"][/post]​

But USAirBoyA330,

Principles...make sure you fight for them...they're worth their weight in...uh..NOTHING!!! How many principles pay the bills, but never fear UBOYA330, the PIT and PHL LEC's will make sure they are crammed down our throats no matter what. :angry: :unsure: :down:

cavalier said:
Think about this: If management is so fired sure the judge will give them all they want with no trouble, then why are they even asking AFA or any union to take this or else. Why don't they simply leave it up to their legal slayer, the judge.

My guess (and this is only a guess) is that the company has someone waiting in the wings (perhaps, even Bronner) who is willing to provide DIP financing and equity to emerge from bankruptcy IF the company can get the unions to voluntarily buy into deep concessions. Think about it this way: If the company gets the unions to sign off on new contracts, they lose the right to self-help which they have if the judge permits the company to impose new contracts. And a strike means bye-bye US Airways. If the unions voluntarily agree to new contracts, they won't be able to strike, and they'll likely be at bottom-of-the-industry pay rates through 2011 or 2012 given that the company will inevitably stall on contract negotiations after the concessionary contracts become amendable.

firstamendment said:
But USAirBoyA330,

Principles...make sure you fight for them...they're worth their weight in...uh..NOTHING!!! How many principles pay the bills, but never fear UBOYA330, the PIT and PHL LEC's will make sure they are crammed down our throats no matter what. :angry: :unsure: :down:
[post="187858"][/post]​
;) AHH so so true... Isnt it interesting that the last post from Pitbull is about commuting..UMMMM VERY interesting...Could it be , just possibly, there is real bitterness and resentment over MECCA being downsized... Did anybody in PIT (former MECCA) gave a damn about LAX< SFO< SAN closing....HELL NO!!!! I remember it well, no sympathy at all. But now, oh YES we all must ban together and cry for PIT being downsized, or should i say rightsized. I dont think PIT bull has a real pulse on the f/a group. Possibly she should ask people outside of moontownship! Sorry PITBULL, but ur dead wrong on this.....
For the record, im an eastoaster/not former PSA.....

USAirBoyA330 said:
[post="187854"][/post]​

And when the co. is done with you....their long-term proposal will have you out on the street.

Then? Who will you complain to? Whetehr you take a 5% paycut now, 10%, 15% or 23%, the company is downsizing the ranks!.

That IS the reality. :angry:

Naupus,

I don't give a crap where your narrow/slanted mind resides. The reality is that when this company downsizes and our ranks get decreased LEAVING HOLES IN ALL BASES....everyone will start to shift...not just PIT.

What PIT will create is an extremely high seniorty pushing your butt out of your base. Can you handle that reality...? Good. Glad to hear you are preparing with a decrease in wage!

FIRSTaMENDMENT AND USAIRBOY,

iCAN SURELY PROMISE YOU THIS...YOU WILL GET A CHANCE TO VOTE...AND IF IT GETS RATIFIED...NOT ONE WORD OF COMPLAINT ON THIS BOARD OR TO YOUR REPS.... WILL FALL ON DEAF EARS.

You reap, what you sow...remember I said it...and i'll be around to let you know!

PIT base will vote what they can live with, just like winter 2002.

UNHAPPY; TOO BAD!

USAirBoyA330 said:
[post="187854"][/post]​

PIT pres will be in the audiance taking in what PHL f/as have to say...(not that that makes any difference on the PIT Pres....she represents PIT members.

Just make sure that YOUR voice is the majority, and speaks for all of Philadelphia.