Company imposes New Sick plan on Flight attendants

----------------
On 4/11/2003 12:01:48 PM flyswatter wrote:

as i understand the new sick policy, there is a big difference for ALPA vs AFA. if a pilot calls in sick, he will be able to use his bank, mostly likely resulting in no pay loss for that given month. if he doesn''t have any bank time to use, then he will be short on pay if he doesn''t fly the sick time back...

----------------​

flyswatter

You may be right, but I''ve heard that pilot bank time is NOT accessible for the 5 hour sick time penalty. MEC Communications is still up to its high standard.

I agree, the days have continued on and we still have no idea what the sick policy will be, yet it was in effect april 1. It is now april 15th and we still have no idea. what a joke. If the company can''t figure this out, how are they going to figure our future out. Everyone that i have seen is getting more and more pissed. How many more furloughs can we have??????This airline seems to be getting more and more of a joke.........

----------------
On 4/15/2003 7:49:17 PM crazyincanton wrote:

Went on a 3-day trip with a severe sinus infection. Can''t afford the 5 hour penalty for being sick. What happens when crew members keep flying when they are really contagious? I guess instead of calling off for one trip, we''ll have to call off for half of the month whether we are still sick or not in order to not be penalized. This will not reduce sick calls; it will only prolong them.

crazyincanton

----------------​
Here we have employees at U coming to work sick, because they can''t afford a pay penalty associated with a sick call. Pay penalties for many just start at apprx. $200 and go up from there. What do you think the customers will think when they learn that employees are coming to work sick, infecting others, and possibly risking the customers health as well? Is this good for business? The media could have a field day with this knowledge, couldn''t they?

Went on a 3-day trip with a severe sinus infection. Can''t afford the 5 hour penalty for being sick. What happens when crew members keep flying when they are really contagious? I guess instead of calling off for one trip, we''ll have to call off for half of the month whether we are still sick or not in order to not be penalized. This will not reduce sick calls; it will only prolong them.

crazyincanton